[PRP] Jungle Style (Sheska x Maua) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am
Hopefolly

Maua's ear flickered back and forth, trying to make sure he had heard Sheska correctly. His parents should have...no excuse for...what? The male turned his head and glanced back at her, grey eyes slightly narrowed in confusion. She didn't think him a murderer? Was this female in her mind?
He considered Sheska's words, mind going a mile a minute. He cast his gaze to the ground, his thoughts coming to a halt. He could see the white fur on his legs. Tilting his head even further, Maua was able to glance at the flower marking that adorned his shoulder. How long had it been since Maua had looked at it? How long had it been since Maua had been clean?
The male looked back up at Sheska. Perhaps her words held some sort of truth. Perhaps it wasn't completely his fault after all. Could living a good life really be the best way to get back at his parents for exiling him? To honour his sister's death and keep her vengeful spirit from plaguing him? It certainly sounded like a better option than wandering about the jungle till his death.
He sighed. "I...suppose you're right." Maua admitted finally, tail twitching back and forth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 pm
The Captain Britain

Sheka never once appeared to think anything other than that she was right. She supported this with her words, too, and said sharply, "Of course I am. What awful parenting. Dreadful."

A moment of enlightenment came upon her: He must be a gentle heart indeed to come away from that situation plagued by self-loathing and guilt rather than anger and spite. She felt a little bad for judging him so harshly.

Just a little, though.

The lioness quietly sighed. "That's all terribly sad, Maua, but the truth is the world won't care whether or not you have a sad story or no story at all. Buck up and live your life. It is your life and yours alone. No one's life belongs to guilt."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:21 pm
Hopefolly

Maua's ear fell flat to his head, and he almost flinched at the harsh words. Though she had a point, he wasn't sure whether or not he could believe it yet. The male stood up and shook himself, marveling at the way his fur moved so easily. Sheska truly had worked a miracle. His fur seemed so clean, and even a little bit lighter. It almost seemed a bit lighter too, as if a burden had been lifted from his shoulder. Maua was left to wonder whether that feeling came from the grooming or from something else. It couldn't hurt to start over again, could it? Honour his sister's memory. It's what his brother would want from him.
The large male turned to face Sheska, a miniscule smile on his face. "Thank you, Sheska." He said sincerely. Maua turned to look around the jungle, head cocked thoughtfully. He had been moving at a snails pace, traveling north as slowly as he could. But now, Maua felt the urge to run, felt the urge to leave the jungle forever. "I think I'll leave this place. Start over again, if I can." The lion told her, wondering if he would be able to successfully follow her advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm
The Captain Britain

"You're very welcome." Sheska beamed at the praise. That was what life was about for her, a job well done. She'd done good work today and she knew it, but hearing confirmation from the mouth of an outsider was better than patting herself on the back. This jungle wasn't exactly the land of opportunity, no matter if you wanted to be useful or something else. She was grateful for this encounter.

She followed his lead and had a good, long look around. "I think you can. A change of scenery is all you need. Not that there's much in the way of scenery here to start with."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm
Hopefolly
Last from me, I think. 83

Maua hummed in agreement. A part of him longed for the endless horizon of the savannahs, the tall dry grasses that he grew up exploring. Even that was to be put behind him. It was an unnerving thought. But if he really did want to try and make a new life for himself, it had to be done. It seemed that his journey north had some meaning to it after all. He had run into this helpful lioness, and perhaps more lay in store for him ahead. "I'll never forget your kindness," Maua dipped his head in respect and began to disappear once more in the shadows of the jungle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm
The Captain Britain
Sorry, I figured that last post was a good place to end. XD -posts again-

A good lion, Sheska thought. Bit on the angst-ridden side, but good. "Take care, Maua," she called to him as he departed.  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Hopefolly

OH CRAP!
No, I've been having problems with my photobucket, so I've been going through and checking for broken images and whatnot. I didn't realize the quote would go off again when editing posts. I'm so sorry!!!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff