Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Are You Sure? (Jayani & Farraginis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 am
User Image

It had been a while since Jayani had injured herself and Farraginis had tried to show his concern for her while not hovering. The leopard feared that he may not have succeeded in all respects, but that time was past now. The leopardess had told him late yesterday that she was all healed and ready for action on the morrow.

So...here he was. Picking her up. To go into the jungle. Together.

There was something...ironic, was it?...about the situation. Him insisting on accompanying her out into the very jungle where they'd first stumbled into each other. Well, that meeting had gone well, else he wouldn't be in the Usafi'tukufu now, would he?

Of course, there was no telling how that would translate into them as a hunting team.

"You ready to go?" he asked the white leopardess aloud.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jayani knew she was feeling better, so she had let Farraginis know when he had checked in on her. Honestly, she felt a little flattered that he seemed to care so much, but also a little confused. She didn't want to read too much into it...or should she?

Well, time was on their side.

"Yes!" She brightened when she saw him approaching, and she tested her back leg once again. She had wanted to make sure she didn't do anything permanent to it, so she had been testing it on and off for the past day and a half. It felt like it was back to normal, and that meant it was back to hunting!

"I wonder what will be on the menu today..."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 am
"Food, hopefully," the mottled and striped leopard replied half-jokingly. Only half. He did not have the greatest track record in the world when it came to hunting, though he was reluctant to admit that to anyone, let alone the lovely leopardess besides him.

"Where is the best place to start?" Farraginis asked as they moved out at an easy pace. There wouldn't be anything too close to the ruins, that he was sure of. Beyond that, he was still quite new here, still learning the ropes.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 am
"Hey! We'll get something," the white leopardess laughed. She walked beside him, feeling a mingling of excitement and nervousness. Hopefully she wouldn't trip and fall on her face again. It would be worse if it was in front of someone, like Farraginis!

"Well, usually where the ferns grow thick. It seems to attract some of the tastier prey, like bongos and bushbucks. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a bongo, they're kind of big..." At least for her, who needed to build up her confidence before taking something down that was at leasta s big as her, if not a big bigger.

"Did you see much in terms of prey when you wandered into the jungle?" she asked.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 am
Farraginis nodded in agreement. Thick ferns did sound like a good place to start looking...but he still didn't know what he was looking for! Apparently more than just the scenery changed when you moved from the savannah to the jungle!

"I'm afraid I don't even know what those are," he admitted, trying to conceal the depth of his embarrassment from Jayani. "But as long as we're not talking something...the size of an elephant, or even a wild ox, two of us should be able to take it down."

"Sadly, when I first came here, I was so amazed by everything around me, I wasn't really taking notes," he confided.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:44 am
Jayani laughed. "Well, you'll learn! I had to, the other leopards had to tell me what they were called...I don't remember ever seeing them in the open savanna!" Her tail swished behind her as she looked around carefully, letting her nose guide her. Instead of completely following it, she was carefully testing the ground in front of her. She was slowly learning from her mistakes.

"A bongo might be too big for us to tackle...hopefully we can flush out some bushbucks and take one of those down." She paused for just a moment. "I don't think we'll run into a warthog this far into the jungle, but those things are not something to mess with." She didn't have the experience to even think about taking one of those down. They were...scary.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 am
"How about I just follow your lead, for now?" Farraginis offered. He could make some guesses as to what those animals were based on similarities between their names and the ones he knew for other creatures, but that wasn't quite the same as knowing what they might find.

"And then," he continued lightly, "you can follow my lead back to the colony once we're done!" He said it teasingly, but it didn't change the fact that he was keeping track of where they went so that they could, indeed, find their way back.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 am
"Sure. It shouldn't be too hard to find some. One of us can flush them out, and the other one can try to take one down. That...would be a lot easier than trying to balance on the trees above and leap down on a bushbuck. That doesn't always work out." It didn't for her, though once in a while it was successful.

She laughed. "Yes, guide me back so I don't trip over my own paws trying to figure out where the colony is!" She teased him right back, even if it was at her own expense. She was beginning to understand her shortcomings, and was trying to deal with them while figuring out her strengths that she could offer to the colony.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 am
"That...sounds like it should work fairly well," the leopard reflected as Jayani outlined her plan for tackling prey. The creatures would run from the first of them only to run straight into the other. It was a good, solid strategy, and one he could admire. "Which of us should fill what role?"

He had to smile as she laughed at herself. Never underestimate the appeal of any leopardess willing to go that far! "Your wish is my command," he jested in return, pausing in his stride to bow. "I live only to serve!"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 am
"Um. Maybe I'll be the flusher out of bushbucks?" It was such a funny phrase that she smiled, trying to suppress a laugh. "All you have to do is just throw those shoulders around and injure the thing enough so it can't run away." Was that so hard? Well, when those hooves were swinging around in an attempt for the beast to save its life, perhaps.

"And if you live to serve....maybe you can drag it back!" Ok, maybe she was getting a little pushy at this part, but she couldn't help it. He's the one that said it! She was just...taking him up on his offer.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 am
Farraginis grinned. "Sounds easy enough to me," he told Jayani. "And of course I will be your humble servant and lug the carcass of whatever unfortunate creature we manage to kill all the way back to the colony," the leopard went on obsequiously, but the glint in his eye betrayed his own amusement at the situation.

For some reason, being out here on the hunt made him feel alive again, in a way he hadn't really been in quite some time. Or...was that because he was out here hunting with Jayani? He couldn't be certain.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 am
"Yes. We'll get the best parts too before we leave the rest for anyone else that is hungry." This was probably the benefit of not being part of a huge colony. It was small enough that nearly everyone could hunt on their own, but it was always nice to share whatever was left instead of letting it go to waste, or worse...attracting the wrong sort of attention.

"Well, then, let's begin the hunt!" She said with a flash of a smile, trotting off towards the more dense area, ready to flush out something tasty. Farraginis better be ready!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas