Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Crossing Those Hills (Talia x Sani'akasa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 am
User Image

"How long do you plan on doing this?" Janntje dipped her beak to the feathers that adorned her chest, gently preening and placing each one with the curved, deadly tip. How many times had they come to the border only to keep from pressing on. She was not a creature for games. She was blunt and fierce. The idle time was the worst time, as that was when Talia became transfixed on leaving. She wouldn't, of course, never permanently. With how headstrong and feisty her companion was, Janntje was unsure why the lioness hesitated to follow her own dreams. Talia's hesitance made Janntje feel hesitant, an emotion the proud bird did not like in the slightest.

"I'm not doing anything, just watching..."

"Border watching is for the scouts. We are hunters."

"And we've already brought in the quota. I'm free to do as I please."

The lioness's tail twitched, before wrapping around her haunches. Her lightly hued, violet eyes scanned the horizon, past the scent markers that signalled the start of the En Gedi lands. She dearly loved her pride and owed her life to them, this she knew. Her mother and father lived here, as well as Astar and Zakai. Even if Zakai was not related to her by blood, he was still her brother and she was just as devoted to him as she was her sister and her parents. These ties kept her from crossing those borders and idly dreaming about what was out there in her spare time. She hadn't traveled that far since leaving to find her totem in the first place and even then, she didn't stray too far before finding Janntje.

"Sitting and watching the world pass by won't do you any favors." The osprey harrumphed as she repositioned herself, her talons digging in to the pelt that Talia wore. It belonged to their first cooperative kill and both were proud of it. It served as a perch for the bird of prey, so that her talons would not harm her friend. She turned her head, her sharp eyes scanning the distance. She thought she had seen movement and her sharp, predatory eyes continued to watch.

"I'm not just wasting time, Janntje. I just like to think out here." The lioness sighed, before standing, which caused the osprey to reposition herself once more. She began to walk the lengths of the borders. Keeping a look out, that was always her excuse. Sure, she wasn't a scout, but she could still do the same on her down time and call it relaxing as well as working, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am
User Image

Today Sani wasn't quite as bright and sunny as was his usual demeanor. Oh, he wasn't stormy or anything. Just... a bit cloudy. He was feeling grateful that he wasn't more hurt than he was. After all, a herd of overly protective elephant matrons was not something any lion wanted to face. He'd escaped with his life and no more injury than a run through a bramble would produce. Still, that run through the bramble had resulted in many, many thorns, and he'd had to keep running to ensure that the elephants were going to leave him be.

That had meant he'd spent nearly an entire day painfully plucking thorns from his paws. The ones in his shoulders hadn't been bad at all, and his mane had caught the rest. A few had gone deep in the front of his forepaws, but the rest were all between his toes and in his pads. Those had hurt to pull out, but the sad truth was that he couldn't give them time to heal. That had been two days ago, and although his other wounds, such as they were, had long stopped hurting, his paws were still quite tender.

Thus he'd been trying to take it easy, hunt simpler prey, and rest often. He'd come across the edge of a pride's territory, and while he didn't cross it, he had chosen a resting spot along that border. It was his hope that having the pride there would already warn away anything that would pose a threat or give him trouble. Right now, he just wanted a bit of rest somewhere relatively safe, give his paws a chance to heal a bit more, and then off he'd go, into the wild beyond again!

Thus you can imagine his pleasure and wariness both at seeing a lioness come walking along the inner side of the border, a bird of prey perched on her shoulders. Either this would prove painful and dismaying for him, or he'd end up with some enjoyable company while he rested! Either way, he wasn't the sort of lion to slink away or try to hide. With a wince, he rose to his paws and called to them both, before they had quite gotten to him. "Greetings! Please excuse my nearness to the border... I can move off if you like?" Though the offer was genuine, a wistfulness of tone and expression indicated his preference to stay.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm
Talencia

"You should tell Rotem." Ever so predictably, the osprey hissed the words into her partner's ear.

Talia flicked said ear, annoyed at both the warmth of Janntje's breath and her "follow the rules" attitude. Instead of listening to her feathered totem, the lioness gave the predatory bird a playful smirk and a shake of her head. He was just one lion and she was sure she could take him on if it came to a scrap - which it probably wouldn't. Most wouldn't be so brash as to pick a fight with an entire pride. She could have someone to aid her rather quickly, or so she thought at least. Thus, she kept on moving right towards the stranger that was camping out near the En Gedi borders. He couldn't have been there for too terribly long, else one of the earlier patrols would have found him, not that it really mattered.

"If things go sour, fly back and let the boys know, hm?" That was all she said to the bird, before coming near enough to the male to speak without having to shout, which would hardly be a polite way to greet a traveler. Her mother didn't raise a rude cub.

"You're welcome to stay, s'only the troublemakers that have to clear off. Aren't a troublemaker, are you?"

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 am
He smiled warmly at her and shook his head. "Only if you count the tendency to run through thornbushes as being a troublemaker." He lifted one paw to lick gently at one of his sores, spreading his toes comically, though the look on his face was one of discomfort. He set the paw down again and cast her a wary grin. "Though to be honest, I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon!"

"Thank you for your welcome," he added politely, resisting the urge to smooth his mane with one paw. He knew he must look a mess, after that escape and the hard travel afterwards. "My name is Sani'akasa. Sani works, though!" His sunny smile returned, brightening his face and giving him a youthful look. "What lands have I stumbled upon?"

Aurrie Beaues
Are you still interested in this?

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out