Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
x::X-The Goblin Pride-X::x__The Shrine & 2 New Ranks! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~It's only Been Forever
  That's not long at all~
View Results

Tokoloshwatoto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 am
<3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm
<3 w00t!  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 am
Alrighty guys and gals, we've got some updated story info, along with some other little tweaks here and there, nothing major. You may want to read through the story part, if you'd like, but nothing else has really changed. Right now we're focusing on getting members in and getting some rp's down.

If anyone needs some rp's, Saiorse, Njeve and Saiorse are very much up for joining rp's, or even founding rp's with any who want to be original members of the pride!

We've decided not to hold any of the old members to their memberships, after all, it's been a long time and we can't blame anyone for moving on with their plots. However, if you still want your soa in the pride, it does mean that you'll have to re-apply!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 am
We're now looking for new members, along with pridal alliances and enemies! I'm also working on some new ideas for our goblin antics, and how we might go about them.  

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

Tokoloshwatoto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am
Deep in the rogue lands, nestled deep in the side of a mountain, stands a battered old shrine. It is a mystery how the white rocks were worked smooth, and despite their large size, were so perfectly stacked. The wall stands taller than a lion is long, it’s sides curling forward around a single, bright green stone. An assortment of broken bangles, tattered hides and bones litters the area, while dry, dead grasses crowd the crevices in the rocks. There was once a time when many visited this shrine, once it was a place of magic, and deals struck. For years, the shrine has been over grown with weeds and forgotten, but on this day, something miraculous has happened .

Njeve stared long and hard at the old shrine. It had been quite popular, once upon a time. When the king before him had ruled, it had attracted all kinds from all reaches. They would make their way to the shrine to lay down their offering, and ask their favor of the goblins. Things had been good then, so much so that there were only so many favors that the goblins could fill. Like many things, time took its toll, and the shrine was almost forgotten. The king stared down at an old, broken chain. It might have been beautiful in its time, but like so many things, in the best days of the goblins, it had been passed over, and left to rot. Their reserves had been enough to sustain them for years, but now, even the goblin king could not deny the itch, so inherent in the goblins—an undeniable lust for gold.

”We could do it again, you know.” The leotah purred, bright eyes narrowed. Bian couldn’t help but look at Njeve as her own father. She’d never known her own, after all. She wasn’t sure whether to label him a genius or a coward for escaping her mother so quickly. Njeve, though… Bian had just become an adolescent, just grown into the very fringes of adulthood when her mother had discarded her. It was a bitter memory, knowing that if the leopard that wrestled you out of your homelands hadn’t had the mercy he had, she would be dead. Bian had been beaten, and pampered as she was she had no idea how to hunt. The leotah was on death’s doorstep when the lion had found her. For a long time she had not known what to do, but the Lion had been patient with her. He had helped her work through her hate, helped her make her life more than just one long vendetta against her mother. There had been days when he had taken the wrath that the disgrace of a mother deserved. Bian had attacked her would be father in a fury more than once, but not once had the Goblin King turned his paw against her. She would never understand the man. For a long time, she had simply been her savior’s shadow, learning all she could from the Goblin King. There had been a time when she wanted that knowledge for a completely different purpose, to dismantle the ‘Nera. To tear it down before she tore apart her own mother dearest. Now, however… Now she wanted to show Njeve, she wanted to make him proud. She knew that she would never be his heir, the pride’s laws were very specific about such things, and while she had been found, she had not been chosen, and had been too old anyway. Now, the pride was in trouble, their presence forgotten or ignored, and Bian… Well, Bian knew how to change that. “We could start again, and bring the goblins back to their former glory.”

The wheels in the king’s head were turning as he looked over the shrine. Bian had done a good job, pulling away the weeds and cleaning up the old shrine. It had been in ruins the last time he had seen it. The girl hadn’t told him a single thing about it until she had seen fit to show it to him. She was shrewd, he had to give her that. She had taken it upon herself to learn more about the old shrine, and had shown it to him as if it were something that even he might have forgotten. ”We could find a new listener, and keep them stationed here at the shrine. I can see to it that the rumors begin, that the old shrine has regained its power.” Njeve gave a low growl, deep in thought, and Bian went silent, intently watching the king’s face. The ilizaji, the listener, was never something lightly chosen. It had to be a trusted member of the pride, someone whose knowledge of the pride was only surpassed by the king and queen themselves. They were entrusted with not only watching over the shrine and listening for the favors asked, but weighing the value of the offering vs. the cost of the favor asked, and giving out tasks to the waongo, the trickster goblins. For a long time the goblins had retreated behind their borders, content to remain in their own little world while the rest got on with theirs. In their contentment, their laziness, the world had forgotten to fear those creatures who go bump in the night. The king stood, a clever grin tugging at his lips. For a long moment he looked to Bian, the leotah he had come to think of as his own blood long ago. “Fine. It will be done.”

Bian’s heart leapt, though the young leotah held tight to her composure. A gentle, demure smile would be all she needed to show her delight. She set her eyes out on the rogue lands, something vicious burning bright behind them. This would extend their reach into the other lands, and force the world to recognize their presence, their power. The goblin pride had become her home, had taught her to live beyond hate and vengeance. This place.. This place was her family, and she’d be damned if she was going to watch it die out with a whimper. “And you will be the listener.” Bian’s heart stopped, and she stared at the king for a moment. He couldn’t help but smile, it was a rare thing that anyone was able to startle such honesty onto the candid leotah’s face. The king only seemed certain, and content in his decision. “But Njeve..” “You have more experience in this sort of field than anyone else in the pride, and besides, it was your idea, so it is now your responsibility.” The king smiled, watching the wheels turn in the startled girl’s face. She might be young, but he had faith in her. She was a shrewd, and clever little creature, with a healthy appetite for gold, and steadfastly loyal to the pride. The king’s face broke into a dark smile, a hungry, toothy grin. “Gather your Waongo. It is time we remind these lands exactly what the goblins are capable of.” Bian’s expression broke into her own demure smile. This was the beginning of something big, she could feel it.

The weeds have been cleared, and the white stone polished bright. The broken bangles, and tattered hides have been cleaned and arranged, the bones and skulls of the unfortunate scattered among them as if in foreboding warning. The rumors have begun anew, that the shrine of old and its magic have returned, and that you can have any favor you please granted to you—for a price. Bring a bangle, a meal, anything you please, but pray it is worth the goblin’s time, or it may be you they seek payment from. The Ilizaji has begun to seek out her woango, and the rumors have begun to circulate. Make your way to the shrine nestled in the side of the mountain, ask your favor, and—should your offering be deemed acceptable—your wishes will be granted. They say that goblins are capable of just about anything, but they are fickle. If your gift does not appease, it will never be taken, only left to rot in the dust. So come, my heartbroken, my scorned, my vengeful, bring your token, be it bangle, bobble, gold or bone, and ask your favor of the goblins and their king. You may be surprised with exactly what comes to pass, but be careful! Ask too much, and offer too little, and it may be you the goblins come looking for in the dead of night…

So What does this mean?
This means we now have two new ranks!

Ilizaji—The ilizaji is one of the most powerful ranks in the pride, ranking just below the king and queen. It is their duty to watch over the goblin shrine, and listen to each request that is made by whomever offers something of equal or greater value to the favor asked. They are also responsible for giving these tasks to the woango, and ensuring that the tasks charged are fulfilled. Should an offering be an insulting, the ilizaji has the power to send out a woango after the one who asked the favor. For the most important, or sensitive favors asked, the ilizaji may carry out the deed themselves.

Woango—These creatures, also known as Tricksters, are the most powerful thing in the goblin force. They fulfill tasks given by the Ilizaji, but more importantly, they foster the belief in goblins. When completing a favor, the woango must remain in full goblin regalia, distorting their appearance so that in the cover of night, they could very easily be mistaken for one of the creatures of myth. Most spend much time in preparing their costume, and take pride in bringing back the best bangles and accessories for the crafters of the pride to turn into the best goblin gear. When on a mission, failure is not an option. While the Ilizaji will do their best to assign tasks that are equivalent to the woango’s ability, once the woango has accepted their favor, they must do everything within their power to complete their mission. This could be anything from torturing a soul for a single night, to an assassination, or even to bring a meal to a needy family. Nothing is off limits at the shrine of Tokolosh, and so the woango must be ever prepared.

It also means we have a new area! In the rogue lands, nestled in the side of a mountain not far from the goblin’s pridelands is the shrine of Tokolosh. Here, anyone from any pride, from any species, can leave an offering in return for a favor from the goblins themselves. Nothing is off limits, so far as the asking goes. This will help us get more plots in order, and will also make the goblins a facilitator for those who don’t wish to ask the gods. While certain things –will- be out of their reach, they can certainly cause a good deal of trouble, and what else do goblins do best?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 pm
I saw my baby, Crying hard as babe could cry.. What could I do?
Name: Coeus
Age: ummmm .... young adult since I haven't played her as an adult yet ... so ... in human terms ... 19ish? maybe.
Cert | Uncert
Rank Desired: Sanaa
Why: Coeus for a long time was a very depressed little girl until she stumbled across the joy and relief of creating pretty things for her family. It started with a blue feather. Using the blue feather she created a gift for her Papa, a long necklace that wrapped around him twice loosely. It was rough, but it was Coeus's first and very special. She's made things for her siblings since then and for special strangers who she felt needed it for whatever reason.
Personality: Now fully grown, leaving behind the angst and immaturity of her youth, Coeus goes one more adventures, looking for either a family of her own or members to bring back to her Papa. Her dream to be surround by cubs and family while partially fulfilled by her Papa's rogue family pride, Coeus feels that there are more options that will ultimately make her even happier out in the world, so even few weeks or so, she sets off to search for it before returning to amerce herself in the large family.
Bio: Leopon Coeus has been a rogue all her life, moving around as a member of her father Athena's pride. She's run across a goddess, though she had no idea, and other rogues, but it was her father and one of the females, Xeno, that filled her life along side her many many many siblings. (Journal Link Just In Case)
Username: Dame NightFury.  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 am
Awesome ^^ I'll get your girlie up tonight! Just let me know if/when you'd like to start an rp!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am
CoyoteSparrow
Awesome ^^ I'll get your girlie up tonight! Just let me know if/when you'd like to start an rp!
asap if possible xd  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am
Dame NightFury
asap if possible xd

Awesome. If you'd like to start one, we can start today. Did you have anyone specific in mind for her joining role play?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm
CoyoteSparrow
Awesome. If you'd like to start one, we can start today. Did you have anyone specific in mind for her joining role play?
I'd like to start one today *nodsnods* it makes the procrastination all the more better *nods* I don't have any really good ideas for her jrp. There's the possibility of getting lost and finding pretties that she can make more things out of ... and maybe being tempted with lots of cubbins and juvies around her (she shouldn't know that they are napped at first unless someones telling her that they were taken from bad homes - she's not quite goblin conscience yet) .... But I am up for suggestions! xd  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 am
Dame NightFury
I'd like to start one today *nodsnods* it makes the procrastination all the more better *nods* I don't have any really good ideas for her jrp. There's the possibility of getting lost and finding pretties that she can make more things out of ... and maybe being tempted with lots of cubbins and juvies around her (she shouldn't know that they are napped at first unless someones telling her that they were taken from bad homes - she's not quite goblin conscience yet) .... But I am up for suggestions! xd

Wells, I know that Bian would readily try to convince her to join the pride, especially so if Coeus showed her talents for crafting--Bian has a sort of talent for finding people's useful traits, and would likely guide her to the crafting dens. Bian's a hybrid as well, a leotah, and she's never really met any other hybrids other than her siblings, but she hardly remembers them. Most of the cubs in the pride won't be napped, only the heir. The pride turns a blind eye to cub napping in general (so long as you aren't stealing theirs, of course), unless someone were to nap a cub and drop it there. Whoever brings a cub into the pride is responsible for it, so in effect they become the cub's parent, regardless of blood relation, in the pride's eyes. If someone is found to be an unfit parent, the cubs might be confiscated and given to a new parent, but that's something that's up to the current king.

I've got a bit of time on my hands, so I'll go ahead and get an rp started, and I'll link it bak here when I'm done! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 pm
CoyoteSparrow
Wells, I know that Bian would readily try to convince her to join the pride, especially so if Coeus showed her talents for crafting--Bian has a sort of talent for finding people's useful traits, and would likely guide her to the crafting dens. Bian's a hybrid as well, a leotah, and she's never really met any other hybrids other than her siblings, but she hardly remembers them. Most of the cubs in the pride won't be napped, only the heir. The pride turns a blind eye to cub napping in general (so long as you aren't stealing theirs, of course), unless someone were to nap a cub and drop it there. Whoever brings a cub into the pride is responsible for it, so in effect they become the cub's parent, regardless of blood relation, in the pride's eyes. If someone is found to be an unfit parent, the cubs might be confiscated and given to a new parent, but that's something that's up to the current king.

I've got a bit of time on my hands, so I'll go ahead and get an rp started, and I'll link it bak here when I'm done! <3

*poke* yes? *poke* Well, that's fine - I'm still trying to see if I can get Coeus a male that will go off and sacrifice himself with other females to bring back a few cubs for Coeus. *nods*  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:26 pm
I might have a girl I can offer up for this pride since I love the concept! Caj recently caught her up in stages so I have no adult cert for her yet- this is her. (My last actual cert for her.)

edit: Oops. Grabbed her adol uncert instead of adult. xD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 am
We'd love to have her ^^ Does she have a personality yet?  

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm
I haven't really sought RP for her, so no not really. I will work on hammering it out before I formally apply. :3  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff