Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Learning Perseverance (Tim x Hakuna'jina)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 pm
User Image

Tim landed with a thud, paws kicking up the dirt around him. He hissed in frustration and pain as he landed awkwardly on his front paws. He couldn't seem to get the move right. The young male had been practicing it for a few days now. It was an original move that his adoptive brother had first created. it worked better with leopards, who were able to twist their bodies more easily than lions could. Tim was trying to adapt to his heavier weight and slightly larger size.
It was a rather complex move, especially for someone trying to learn it on their own from memory. The move involved leaping up into the air, slashing out with a front paw, whirling around to catch the opponent with a back paw, then twisting again so as to land facing your opponent. His brother liked using it often, and it seemed to come in handy. Not to mention it looked really cool.
But Tim no longer had teachers like his brother d**k or his mentor Bruus. He was out on his own again, finally having left his identity as Bruus' little sidekick behind him. He wanted to learn new styles and techniques of fighting, ones that Bruus would never teach him. However, it was hard to learn when no one was teaching you.
Tim shook out his injured paw. It would be sore for a day or two, but it wasn't even close to the worst he had dealt with before. The lion glared at a nearby tree, his signature calm momentarily broken. He didn't think he was going to be able to perfect the move. He was ready to give up completely. His self-quest had been a complete failure so far. Time wondered if it would be better to just go home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:06 am
User Image

She didn't always stay in the Mate-no, it was the Peponi'pya now. Sometimes, her paws itched, and she had to take to the winds, wings carrying her wherever the wind (and her domain) led. Lately, they were itching more and more, and she'd found herself ranging further and further from the pride. This time, she'd been gone for days.

She'd found her way to the sea, and now was on her way back. But something...tugged at her. Curious, the goddess landed and walked the rest of the way. She was surprised find someone trying...what looked like a fighting move. Hmmm...She focused a moment, her wings fading away, and her size shrinking just a bit. She went from her godly appearance to that of a scarred, older female that looked every inch a fighter. She took a few steps forward, raising a brow. "Now why're ya glarin' at that tree, cub. Didn't do anything t' ya."

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:34 pm
Das Tor

Tim didn't jump, or even start. Had he not been trained to suppress such reactions, he very well might have. He wanted to though. A flood of adrenaline surged forth as Tim calmly turned around to see who had spoken. His claws were out and his muscles were tense, ready to react to the potential threat. But when the lion turned around he saw nothing but an older female staring at him with a confused expression.
Closer inspection showed Tim that there was more to the female than he had first thought. Her body was littered with scars. The lioness carried herself in the way the others of Tim's old pride did, confident and ready for action at any given moment. This stranger was a fighter. But he was still hesitant to classify her as a threat. The title of "cub" was irksome though. There was no way she could be that much older than him. He may be young, but his mane was fully grown, and had been for some time now.
Well, perhaps only a few weeks, but still. Tim couldn't stop himself from frowning. "I'm just frustrated, ma'am." He answered. It wasn't even her business. But Tim was never one to turn away a stranger. There was always the possibility she needed help. He looked over her scars again. It was possible she had gotten into some trouble brought up by her past, judging by how scarred she was. "And I'm no cub," He mumbled as an after thought, returning his glare to the tree.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 am
The Captain Britain

"Frustrated, hm? With that thin' ya were doin' that had ya landing rather...painfully?" Not a cub, eh? She chuckled at that. "Boy, when yer my age, few creatures aren't 'cub'. But I can find other names for ya. Unless ya feel like givin' me somethin' t' call ya." She sat, tail shifting lazily behind her, orange-amber eyes of her mortal form staying on him.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 am
Das Tor

Tim regarded the older lioness carefully. So she had been watching him. He wasn't quite sure what to do with that information. But the lioness didn't seem like she wanted to attack him. If she had indeed seen him training, then there would have been plenty of opportunities for her to come at him if she had meant harm. That being the case, Tim supposed he could indulge whatever it was that made the lioness step out of the forest.
"I'm called the Red Robin," He began, watching carefully for any signs of recognition at the name. "But to my friends I'm known as Tim." It was still entirely possible that she was just a good assassin, sent from an enemy of his or even Bruus'. Narrowing down who, though, was the tough part. The crazed hyena, the Joker, liked doing things more personally. Selina had a problem taking things that weren't hers, but she didn't want any of them dead. Ivy would have just poisoned him. Two-face, Penguin, and even Croc might potentially hire an assassin. He would have to be careful. "May I ask what caused you to seek me out?" Tim mirrored the lioness' position, curling his tail around his front paws.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 pm
The Captain Britain
Sorry this took so long.

She let him watch her. No need to give him any reason to try being foolish. She didn't recognize either name he gave, but nodded. "I'll call ya Tim, than. Faster t' say." He definitely wasn't a weak lion trying to be strong...no. But the fact he was practicing when he was already strong-looking, she could appreciate that. A good fighter never stopped learning. And he certainly hadn't been giving up. Perhaps that's why she'd been tugged this way. "I didn't exactly seek ya out. Did see ya practicin', though. What's the move yer tryin' t' do? Might be able t' help ya out."  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm
Das Tor

She saw him...wanted to...what? Tim blinked rapidly a few times, the only thing about his schooled expression that might give away the fact he was taken aback. She wanted to help him practice the move he was learning? That certainly wasn't something he would expect and assassin to bait him with. Most of the time they tried to seduce him, or ask for his help with an issue oh-so conveniently located in the shadows.
Tim took a second to reevaluate the situation. Perhaps she was simply an old combat junkie. Though how she had managed to sneak up on him without Tim not noticing at all, Tim didn't know. But if she had trained enough to manage surprising him, maybe she really could help him with the move. "It's a fighting move my brother, a leopard, created. I can't seem to get it right, since I'm bigger and heavier than he is." Tim admitted with a huff. "You lash out with the front paw first, twist to catch them with a back paw, then some land still facing the opponent, which is the part I can't seem to get right." He explained.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games