Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Old Guild] Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The old Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifoxes, modis, foxes, breedables, breedable pets 

Reply RP Forum
This place isn't to bad I promise. (Violet x Makani) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:26 pm
Makani made a noncommital humming sound, but didn't say what he was thinking. Yes, he dearly loved his sister, and yes, he could be an overprotective a** sometimes. That was just who he was. But facing the brutal honesty of his mind, Lani was more capable of caring for herself than he was. Heck, stubborn girl probably decided cold wasn't so bad and would have gone north, just to piss him off.

Point was, he had no clue were his sister had gone. What was he going to even do if he found her? Lani probably had her own life established, she didn't need her brother hounding around after her like he'd done back on the island. The only point he could see was just to make sure Lani was okay, but the two were identical enough that he would just know if something serious had happened to her.

"So, where were we going to go to," Makani asked, trying to pull his mind away from his circling thoughts, and looking over at Violet. "I remember you said you had something in mind for a trip at some point."

Reoakee generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 2!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

“Well I know that there is a tribe in the area. It’s not my mother’s though, and not my other mother’s either.” Violent smiled softly feeling embarrassed that she had almost forgotten that both of her mother’s were in separate tribes. She would just have to learn to announce whether she meant the Yukon Gang or the Phoenix City tribe. “I was hoping to meet and talk to a member of the tribe if we could find one. From what I hear the tribe is pretty small and just starting out. I know it sounds silly but if we can reach it and talk to a few foxes I’m sure there is something I could learn.” She looked back at Makani. “If you want to we could always skip the trip. After all I don’t think the tribe is just going to up and leave overnight.”

(I'll be doing something stupid for this RP don't mind me.)  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 pm
Makani closed his eyes and prayed that by "in the area" she meant much further down the mountain and into warmer weather. Deities, was he ever going to get used to this cold?

"No, we can go if you want to." He was also to give Violet a genuine little smile, though there was still a worry crease in his brow. "I mean it's not like we've got anything else that needs doing at the moment, so we might as well go see if we can find them."

(('S all good.))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 am
(Win, also Vi is a bit stubborn since Makani hasn’t told her he’s giving up the search Vi will keep on looking for his sister until they find her. )
User Image

Heading down the mountain her tail curled up just a bit at the tip because she was happy. It was something she had picked up from being raised around dog sled foxes all her life. “Alright then off we go.” Picking her way swiftly down the mountain she had to slow down a few times remembering that Makani was with her. It was so different traveling with him again. She had to readjust. Perhaps the tribe she was going to speak with had some information on Makani’s sister otherwise Vi would just have to keep an ear out as they traveled.

The further down the mountain they got the warmer it became. Vi figured this would definitely make Makani loose that little crease he had in his forehead whenever he came to pick her up. He also tended to be a bit more cheerful the warmer he got. Heading toward the warmth she wasn’t surprised to see more greenery and feel more vibrant life around her what did shock her to a sudden halt was entering a patch of woods only to see an unbelievable sight. In the dappled light of the forest walking calmly was a modeity. Vi had never seen one before but she knew what one was from the stories she grew up with. Looking around she couldn’t imagine what a modeity was doing out here. Vi didn’t think she was that close to the newborn tribe yet.

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Since Makani had no idea where this new tribe Violet had been talking about was, he'd been letting her take the lead while he walking behind and slightly to her left. He'd been looking at the ground to making sure of his footing and so he hadn't been paying attention to what was in front of him; Violet's sudden stop startled him.

"Violet, what-," he began, then suddenly stopped as he spotted the Modeity. Every hair on his body stood up in alarm, so that he suddenly looked like a blue and orange puff ball. Of course logically he knew what he was looking at, but the rest of him point-blank refused to believe what his eyes were seeing.

Makani eased closer to Violet, orange eyes never leaving the Deity. "What...is....that," he asked in a stiff, stilted whisper, like he was afraid the Deity would turn around and rampage them if she knew they were there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 am

Violet kept gawking at the modeity trying to figure out why she was seeing one. It was so rare that it was unheard of. Was this a kind modeity or one of the angry ones? Watching the modeity move in the light and hearing Makani’s question made her feel better. That meant she wasn’t seeing things right? It wouldn’t very good to be a companion to Makani if she lost her mind. “Mod-modeity.” Violet’s voice was hushed with awe. It had been hard to even get a word out. She saw the being turning its head like it had heard the pair and she quickly looked down and dropped to her stomach. If it was an evil modeity she didn’t want to look challenging at all. She was perfectly still not certain what to expect.

Ostara turned her head simply looking about. She was quite enjoying the forest here and considered staying for a bit. Noticing a dropped mostly white fox and a green and orange puff ball fox she felt incredibly amused. It was rare for her be simply on this plane to be only on this plane. Often she had tasks to do but not today. She was simply here to relax. Seeing the white fox shiver Ostara felt concern and started to move toward the pair. The small lights around her bobbed and darted about while she calmly approached.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm
Makani reacted instinctively as the Deity approached them, moving around so that Violet was behind him and he was turned sideways in that subconscious attempt to look bigger that all animals shared when startled by something.

Not that the Deity looked evil or anything like that. She was quite pretty, actually, and there was no aura of chaos or discord about her. But she was a Deity, which was scary enough even if she was as nice as she appeared. Makani was sure that if an evil Deity really wanted to they could disguise their aura and appear harmless so they could approach their victims without having to chase them around.

He just wasn’t sure whether he should challenge the Deity or tell Violet to run for it while he followed behind her…

“Stop right there madam,” he said in a loud voice, injecting confidence he didn’t feel while his fur was still puffed up around him. “I’ll have you know that I might not fight woman, but I am honor-bound to protect my companion and will overlook my rule if you come any closer!”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 am

Violet looked up at Makani and most of what she saw was his tail. It was poofy and large looking. She could hear him ordering the deity to stop. She was shocked. She’d never heard anyone ever order a deity to do anything. That wasn’t allowed was it? She wasn’t certain if Makani was being brave or very foolish. What if the modeity took offense? She didn’t want Makani to get hurt after all he was just trying to protect her. Swallowing hard she tried very hard to think of something to say. She wasn’t a shaman or anything like that so she didn’t know if there was any specific way to address a modeity or if there was supposed to be a ritual or something. “Um miss modeity?” Her voice sounded painfully shy to her own ears. “I-I’m sorry. Please don’t hurt Makani. He.. He is only l-looking out for me.” She was stammering badly and scared to death that she messed things up.

Ostara sighed when the male stepped in front of the little vixen. Really now if Ostara meant them ill how would his actions really stop her. He was a normal fox and she was a deity. These foxes were so loyal to their companion that it was touching. Still it wouldnt do well to let them just sit an panic. She smiled at Makani now knowing his name and laid down where she had been standing, this should show them she meant no harm. The wind blew softly and the lights that danced around her flitted about a bit further away from her now that she was lying down. The small bloom she carried on her front paws swayed in the breeze and small blossoms started to form on the ground where she was laying. It was an effect of being a nature based modeity, of course the actual modeity of nature had this effect on a much more powerful scale. Compared to her Ostara had a mere sliver of power.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm
Makani’s fur slicked down just a touch, though he still looked like a giant puff ball. It was one of those things about himself that was greatly irritating. Really, how intimidating was a giant blue puff ball? Not very, to his way of thinking.

He glanced over at Violet uncertainly. Part of him wanted to just pick her up and dash off, though running wasn’t really his strong suit. He was pretty sure he knew how she’d react to that though… Sweet she might be, but she was her own woman and not someone to be “handled”.

Still, dealing with Deities was far out of his league. He was still a little miffed with the Deity of Oceans for washing him up on this cold lands, and if it that been that one in front of him Makani was sure he would have evoked some serious divine wrath with the lecture he would have launched on.

What was even creepier about this Deity though was that she wasn’t even saying anything. Sure Makani knew that only Elder, Guardians, Phims, and Daevas could call on Deities and be heard, but that was when the Deity was off somewhere. There was nothing about Deities being unable to talk to whomever they pleased, and since she was responding to them Makani knew she could hear them.

The look he gave Violet was one utterly and completely at a loss.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Whimpering she looked to Makani. He looked confused at her. She stood up slowly worried that Makani was thinking she was upset. It was scary to face a modiety but it was even more terrifying to have Makani worried about her when she should be able to take care of herself. She looked and saw the modeity was just laying there facing them. It was unnerving causing Vi to look down. “Miss Modeity. That is, who… may we know your name?” She didn’t even know if she could speak? The modeity had been silent so far. She edged close to Makani and was tucked up close to him. Her side was pressed against his as she gazed at the modeity. She noticed bouncing little lights dancing about in the air and they distracted her. What where those things? “Makani what are they?” They seemed like cheery little firefly bugs but it was far to light in the day to see such bugs.

Laughing softly to herself Ostara was happy to the vixen get up. So she wasnt ill. That was good news to the modeity. Her voice when she spoke was soft but clear as if the air carried it for her as a favor. Its resonance was soft like the first flower opened on the vernal equinox. Ostara child. That is what I am called. She looked at the male who was still all puffed up and silly looking.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 pm
Makani started slightly at the sound of Violet’s voice suddenly calling out, but quickly calmed down. That the Deity answered the question was both reassuring and disturbing at the same time. Reassuring, cause the whole silence thing was seriously creepy! Disturbing, cause even though her voice was soft and nonthreatening it still made his hair poof a little.

Gah! Seriously, why did he have to have such a silly display of startlement? It didn’t even really make him look all that bigger, just snugglier!

Violet’s question distracted him. He blinked in momentary confusion. What were what? He glanced over at the Deity. The flowers, mushrooms, and moss were a bit weird, but easily identifiable. The only odd things on her were those weird feelers, and the dancing lights around her. He took a gamble and guessed picked the feature he thought was weirder was the one Violet was talking about.

“Dunno,” he muttered to her. “Ghost lights? Bugs? Could be anything.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am

Violet had no idea what the things were and she was still a bit shell shocked from meeting a deity. Would it let them pass or did it want something from them. Shaking her head she corrected herself. Ostara not it. If she kept calling a modiety it that would be disrespectful. She stayed close to Makani glad he was at least level headed about all of this. She wasn’t certain she would be doing so well if she were all alone and stuck dealing with a deity. She didn’t like the idea of ghost lights around the deity. What if this was the deity of dead foxes. Would she hurt them if they interrupted some sort of task? Still if they had why wouldn’t she say so? Why take the time to listen to and respond to them. Clearing her throat Vi thought to get some answers. “Excuse me.” She swallowed hard feeling like her tongue was made of rocks. “C-Could you tell us what ..” What did deities have? “Domain you have control over?"

Incredibly amused at the rough attitude but cuddly looking male Ostara smiled even wider at the vixens question. Nodding sofly her voice once more cared without her really putting any effort into her volume. The spring equinox. I look after the day as my own. She clicked her tongue at the part and shook her head slightly. Children the two of you can calm down. I will not hurt you. That is not in my nature. It was true Ostara would not simply hurt a fox for no reason what so ever. Nor was she entirely at ease knowing she made the other two feel so uncomfortable. Closing her eyes she rested her head on her front paws still fully conscious and able to respond, but hopefully less threatening to the pair.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 pm
Makani raised an eyebrow at that. Spring equinox? Wasn’t that still quite a ways away? What would the Deity be doing around here then? He’d been under the impression they lived somewhere besides Earth, but was that wrong? Still, their surroundings, while nice (for a cold mountain), didn’t exactly scream, “Home of the Deity of Spring Equinox!” He just couldn’t picture it.

“So why are you here,” Makani asked boldly, fear forgotten as his usual pompous and slightly arrogant mannerisms took hold again. “This doesn’t exactly look like a place a Deity of your domain would be hanging around it. It’s more like a snow or mountain place.” Actually, he was doubtful that this place ever experienced “spring” as he knew the season to be, so maybe he was confusing her domain with the season or something.

“You can’t blame us for being startled about it,” he finished with a stubborn air, defiant in his and Violet’s right to have been shocked about the whole thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 pm
She sighed lightly and looked at Makani with understanding and love like a mother would look at a errant kit. I am here because I wish to be here. You have traveled far; do you not understand finding a place that is pleasant to spend time? She wished she could explain that all places had a spring of sorts and while it was not her day this was where she wished to be at the moment. She shook her head so very slowly. I lay no blame at the base of your feet, to jump off such a cliff is only that which will cause you pain for you and your mate later in life. She chided him as gently as she could.

“M-mate?” Vi’s eyes were completely wide as she looked at the deity and then at Makani. “No. I’m not his mate. C-companion until he finds his sister.” Her face was a bright red. Her brown eyes closed as her blue markings around her eyes turned a few shades different.

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm
Makani also started at the Deity’s use of the word. His head swiveled around to face Violet as she started up her denial of the term. His fur slicked back down to normal and his ears dropped a tad, and for some reason if felt like something heavy had settled over him, but he tried to keep his face schooled into a normal expression.

Of course he’d known for some time now that he was growing very fond of Violet. He’d had more than enough time to himself on his lone trips wandering around or heading to a meeting point when Violet had been gone to visit her mother. She keep insisting they were only companions though, traveling together until he found his sister. Makani had wondered if that was to establish a barrier between them, to let him know that any attention beyond friendship was unwelcome.

He didn’t want to force his affections on Violet, if that was the case. She might decide to run off, and it wasn’t like he had any other friends in this land. Who would want him anyway, with his pompous and insulting nature? He’d resolved to keep his feelings a secret from Violet and had tried to squash them away. Apparently he’d held onto hope more than he’d thought though, to feel so down right now.

RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff