Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Black and White (Latifu x Mandara'Smriti)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:35 am
User Image

Stretching out in the shade of a tree, Latifu was feeling quite satisfied with life. There were no outside responsibilities to deal with, and things just seemed to be going well for her right now. Sure, it got a little lonely at times travelling by herself, but who needed that extra mess? So far, Latifu hadn't met a single mortal that she'd consider staying with on a more permanent basis, even though she had thought about it. Maybe she just hadn't found that right thing that she was looking for, or maybe her standards were just too darn high. Which would be understandable, seeing as how any mortal suitor would be subconsciously compared to any of the gods she had met.

But you know, how good were gods as mates? Sure, they were powerful, usually winged, and just all-around amazing, but did they have the qualities that mates should have? Rolling onto her back, Latifu felt a bit caught up on that thought. They were immortal, so maybe their ideas on mating and family was completely different. Plus, they'd probably never want to mate with a mortal, just because of that mortality.

Letting out a sigh, Latifu felt a bit frustrated. All her life, she had adored gods, but now that it came time to start thinking about her future realistically, it didn't seem like they fit anywhere in that.

Schicksalswende
(( Decided to just go ahead and start one in guild. ^^ ))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 pm
User Image
Mandara had been wandering for quite some time, and although it was interesting to be outside of his home land, it was also rather intimidating. Of course, that feeling would go away, soon enough, being easily forgotten. Just like how he even got there in the Rogue Lands. The last conscious thought the brown male had was that he was still in the mountains that was his home. A home of white pelted individuals. He never minded it too much, but it was something that was hard to ignore. He, his siblings and mother, were very much the outcasts. Pelt wise, anyway. Maybe his feet just decided it was high time to leave? yeah, that made sense.

He knew he was hungry but, would often forget about it, untile the rumbling gurgled up in his gut again. He couldn't remember if he'd ever hunted for himself or not. A confusing enough conundrum, even when adding onto the fact that the lion had no idea as to where he was going. Mandara reasoned that since he couldn't remember ever hunting, than he probably didn't. Which.. made some sense. In the mountains, lighter pelts where great for hunting.

But, that left him with the question of how he was going to get anything to eat. Perhaps, he was just going to have to pick at carcasses.

Polette
S'alright. I don't mind. C:

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Closing her eyes, Latifu wasn't really feeling like actually getting up and doing anything. Now that all of her concerns and worries about gods and her own future companionship were safely tucked away, she just felt like thoroughly enjoying this relaxation time in the shade. The heat was nice, but she was definitely glad to be out of its direct path.

She wasn't expecting any company, either, and that put her mind at ease. Nothing to expect, nothing to prepare for, nothing to worry about. Though she really wouldn't mind company; her days seemed to becoming more and more lonely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:25 pm
Mandara had kept walking, despite the growing hunger in his stomach. He wasn't quite sure what to do to really hunt. The only thing that came to mind would just be scavenging, since the earthy pelted male new that plants and creatures died on a regular basis. Maybe he'd be lucky enough to find a dead bird! His dark nose twitched as a unfamiliar scent tickled his nostrils. It smelt feline, at least Mandara could pick up on that. He didn't know if it was dead or alive though. Couldn't be dead, right? Dead things smelt bad, to his knowledge. ..Not that he'd ever smelt anything rotting before. Dead things tended to freeze up in the mountains because of the cold. The male's feet had decided to investigate the tree before his wandering mind gave a definate answer. But as far as his feet were concerned, the rambling going on the brain could've gone on for just too long.  

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Letting out a breath, one of Latifu's ears swiveled up instinctively as a soft sound echoed towards it. She hadn't really been expecting anyone to show up; at least, not so soon after just thinking about it. There was a slight fluttering of nervousness, but it was quickly washed away as she turned over to see who it was that had made the sound.

A dark lion, quite in contrast to herself, but still a rather lovely coloring. It was a habit for Latifu to sum up another's appearance upon first seeing them; her own litter was so flashy that it just became a habit to see how others looked as well. "Mm....hello!" She kept her stomach towards the ground, just in case things didn't turn out so well, but she still wanted to be friendly towards him. After all, it wasn't in her nature to be rude.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm
Golden eyes laid sight upon a pale pelted lioness, with tawny coloured markings dancing across her white fur. She was pretty and didn't smell dead! Didn't seem to act dead either, considering the fact that the lioness greeted him. And moved. Seemed to be completely alive in every regard. Hopefully, she was nice too. Although, she seemed nice already, since Mandara had been greeted. So, that was at least, acknowledgement. " ..'Ello. " Mandara said, hoping that he hadn't taken too long to reply. He hadn't wanted to seem rude, but there were always times where his brain just droned on and on. He could never tell when it was going to happen, either. Then again, he couldn't tell when his memory was going to fail him either.  

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm

"Mmm...what brings you out this way?" Trying to make simple small talk, Latifu offered a smile. It could have just been her, but he didn't really seem like a talkative type. Luckily, Latifu was fairly skilled in the ways of pointless chatter. She had held numerous short-lived conversations before, so this would be easy.

"I'm...Latifu, by the way." Taking a step towards him, she dragged one of her paws on the ground lightly. She was actually pretty excited that someone had come along, prying her from her boredom.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 am
It took a minute for Mandara to figure out a reason as to why he was here. Truthfully, he didn't really know since he' simply just..wandered. But that wasn't a good enough reason, right? The pretty lioness would probably just laugh or scoff at him! He though about just saying it was because he was hungry and smelt something, and that's why he was here. But.. that seems like it could be turned around and make it sound like the lioness was smelly. Which wasn't true at all, she smelt rather nice in fact. " .. Wandering, I suppose. " Well, that's the truth. He wasn't really looking forward to having to explain why he left because he just sort of.. did. There wasn't any reason behind it, but Mandara supposed that now, it'd be nice to see things. ...If he could remember them. He could probably remember things better, if he could remember to repeat things. Maybe having a companion around to remind him of things would help. But who'd want to travel with him?

" Oh.. um.. I'm Mandara'Smriti. It's nice to meet you Latifu. "

Ooh, she even had a pretty name.

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:29 am

"Oh?" Tilting her head to the side slightly, she let her braid fall away from her face. "It seems like that's the curse of so many these days." Including herself, really. She had been wandering non-stop since she had decided to explore the outside world, away from the safety of her home and her mother and siblings.

"And it's nice to meet you as well, Mandara'Smriti." She offered a kind smile to the male. He seemed a little bit...odd, but not really in a bad way. Just a different sort of lion, she supposed.

"Well, Mandara...do you mind if I call you that?" Pausing only a moment, she didn't like the awkward tension that was beginning to build. "Would you mind my company for a little while?" She wasn't really suggesting too much; rather, she just liked the idea of having someone to talk to for a little while right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm
" I don't mind if you call me that, since, my full name is a mouthful. But.. whatever is comfortable for you. " Mandara said softly, and thinking about whether or not it would be appropriate for him to just lay down next to Latifu. Would she find that rude? Would she think he was going to try and mate with her? Neither of those options seemed good and Mandara didn't want to upset the pretty lady. The brown male just kept standing, not that it really bothered him. But then again, he mused that Latifu might find it rude that he's still standing and not laying down next to her. This was a conundrum that he'd never encountered before. ...To his recollection, anyway and that wasn't very reliable. " I wouldn't mind having your company. It'd be the first in a long while since I left the the mountains... "

Polette

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

"You're from the mountains?" Looking up at him, she had never been to the mountains. The concept was a bit foreign to her, though; why would anyone want to be up in the mountains? As far as she knew, none of the herds ventured up there, and there couldn't be any watering holes up there. It must be much colder there, as well. So many questions ran through her mind, but she didn't want to smother the male with them.

"Here, you can tell me about it, if you'd like." Swishing her tail in the dirt next to her, she was really intrigued by what kind of life he must have lived up til now.

Schicksalswende

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:35 pm
The large and shaggy maned brown lion took the hint, and plopped down next to Latifu. Mandara nodded, though was a little intrigued that the female was interested and perhaps, slightly confused about where he came from. As he thought about it, though.. Latifu would have fit into the Intaba'umbikezeli. Well, at least pelt wise, as the male had no idea if his company was a seer or not. Then again, he couldn't be sure that the females in his home pride weren't just crazy. " .. I came from an isolated pride, high in the twin snow capped peaks. From what I can remember, the pride was old, or at least, that's what was told. It was female dominant, and white pelts, much like your own; were more prized. It was believed that the lighter the hide, the greater chance a lion was to have the gift of ' sight '. "

Oh yeah, this totally didn't sound like the ravings of a lunatic at all.

Polette

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 pm

"Female dominant?" Latifu looked down at her pale legs, wondering what would make this coloring more appealing. Her father had always told her the stories of how his pride had hated his white coloring - and while he had put in so much effort to instill the idea that all of his children were loved and had value, she knew there were downsides to being so pale. She mostly noticed it when hunting, sticking out like a sore thumb.

"When you say sight...you mean the gift of the gods?" She didn't want to come across as being obsessive, but her interest was definitely piqued. She had met so many gods and goddesses in her life, and she still found everything about them fascinating. Sometimes she had wished that one of her parents had been a god, so she could know what it's like to have the gift.

"I'd love to hear more about this place - what things were like, and maybe...why you left?" She paused for a moment. "Of course, if it's not rude to ask." She shifted her weight on the dirt, settling in like a cub at story time, bright eyes wide with curiosity.

Schicksalswende

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm
Mandara calmly but curiously observed Latifu, as the lioness had looked down at herself. Blinking slowly a few times, the male wondered what she was thinking about. Not that it was any of his business. Or.. anybody else, really. Unless Latifu made a point of mentioning what was on her mind. Manny didn't think Latifu would wonder what was going on inside his head considering.. there wasn't really much going on inside of his noggin'. Usually. ..If ever. ..Maybe?

It took him a moment or so before realizing the pale lioness had replied to him. " Oh.. um. Hmm.. " He had to think about that. He wasn't quite sure what kind of gift that Gods or Goddesses could give. He'd have to ask her about that. Since she asked, Latifu would probably know better than he did? " ..I don't know? " He said, putting emphasis on his uncertainty. " I'm not entirely sure what kind of gift of sight that deities can give. Do you know about that? "

Mandara's face made a thoughtful expression, before exclaiming, " Oh! right. The other part of your question. The ' sight ' did not seem like a good thing for males to have. " He paused for a moment, before uttering, " ..Or females, really. "

His home Pride had been a confusing place.

Earthy features brightened up at Latifu's interest and tried to make a promise to himself to as the lioness about where she came from. " It's not rude, at all. I'd be more than happy to tell you more about it. "

Polette
Fin? :3

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out