Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] You've Got to Be Kidding. (Kion and Maleficar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm
User Image

The mountains aura was strange that day. The normal calm and quite feeling it has.. it completely distraught. With a large frown on his muzzle, Kiongozee looked up into the sky. There was nothing off about them-- no it was a clear and sunny day like normal. Heck, it wasn't even unbearably hot. No.. it was a normal day... however the red cheetah couldn't help but fidget as he traveled his way up the rocky summit.

It wasn't unusual for him to travel in these areas. They usually have the hardest to catch pray-- ones that were faster than those lions he most despised. This thought caused a smile to form on Kiongozee's mouth. It's been a while since he's seen an actual lion-- perhaps he was doing a good job at avoiding them. Strange enough, seeing as they have been polluting the entire region with their spawn. He spit at the ground and snarled to himself. Just the thought brought up venomous feelings.

To rid of these feelings, he trekked up the summit faster. Taking his ability to run to full use, trying to escape thoughts of hate and fury. They tend to distract him.. and when a cheetah is hunting, they needed complete control over their emotions. Complete control.. complete silence... just then he spotted a fat baby boar. A lick of his muzzle, quirk of the mouth.. he began to form a plan on how to snatch his meal. Quick. And. Fast.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 pm
Maleficar usually did not go so far up into the mountains, but she did love a change of scenery every now and again. This was definitely a change of scenery with its steep rocky slopes when she usually was on the grassy plains or around the lakes. She had a problem finding water one or two days, and some of the hunting had been a pain since the ground was a bit uneven and a pain to catch anything without speed. On the plus side the prey was not as accustomed to being hunted so she had managed to use that to her advantage a few times. The weather was cooler up here than down on the plains as well, and that was always something to be grateful for when one had a coat as dark as Maleficar did.

Maleficar found a nice big rock and perched herself on top of it. There was a stream, here was her perch, and there was the prey she could watch for now. She was glad that they had not been looking in her direction as she settled herself onto her rock. She would have hated to scare the boar, especially the small one. Mom was off not too far away, snuffling around while the baby was wandering on its own for the moment. The leopardess wondered if she would get lucky enough for the thing to come close enough to her for her to make a meal of it. She certainly did like the idea of boar when she could get it.

She had not been sitting there long playing stone when she caught the movement of another predator in the corner of her eye. She was very careful to move her head slowly so that she would not alert the prey to her presence as she checked out this new arrival. Hmm, a cheetah had come upon her hunting spot from the opposite side of the baby boar. She smirked. If he chased it to her, she was going to be SO happy to hop on it and spill its blood everywhere. The mother would likely start after the cheetah and she could strike when it did. Maleficar did love when fate played into her paws.

Eranas

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 pm
He was very used to different types of preys. Each one was different to catch, and that was all the more interesting. His thoughts drifted to a small rabbit he had mauled the other day. The thought of tearing into the flesh created a larger grin upon his muzzle. His heart began to race, and paw scratched the ground eagerly. It wasn't too loud-- but it startled the baby boar. Its head quickly lifted up and he snorted into the air. The mother immediately ran to its protection, making Kiongozee furious. So the mother wasn't too far away. This was going to be more of a challenge than he though.

He still hasn't noticed the Leopard nearby, and doesn't make an moves towards her direction. Instead he quietly lowers himself against the ground and makes his way to the mother boar instead. If he could land one his to it's vital nerve.. the neck, then he could instantly kill the fat.. delicious.. succulent meal. While his tongue darted out to lick the drool forming in his mouth Kiongozee took small and quiet steps ahead.

With one quick and graceful leap, he silently pounces down on the giant boar and sinks his sharp teeth into the thing. It's not a very clean kill-- but he does manage to bite on a very crucial vain. The mother boar goes runing in a panic. Storming at Kiongozee and nicking him with a horn.. before crashing into a tree and falling to the ground. Defeated. The kill wasn't smooth, no.. and the mother looked too sickly to actually fight back, but he did it. Something truly amazing.. at least to him. A pained grin forms on his face as he limps towards the boar.. while the baby boar goes running of into the direction of the leopard..

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Maleficar kept a chuckle from escaping as the cheetah started the baby and mother came to the rescue. She certainly would not have called the mother a big challenge, just one with tusks she did not really like the idea of risking getting to the stomach. The cheetah did a good job of taking out mother. He at least showed some intelligence on striking where he did to take her down without too much fuss. It was messy, it could have ended badly for the cheetah, but it certainly had done in the boar. The leopardess only half watched this, though.

Her attention was more on the baby that had panicked. Mother coming to the rescue had made the baby want to get away from the preditor while mother too care of it. Baby had come toward's Maleficar some, and then when it's mother went down, it took off towards her without really paying attention. The small boar lined itself up perfectly, and the leopardess could not have asked for a better position for this hunt. Her rock had just the right placement for what she wanted to do and how she wanted to do it.

She leaped and landed on the baby boar, taking it down cleanly without any trouble at all. She licked her chops as she flipped the little boar over and looked at it as smug as could be. That cheetah had perhaps halved her work or more just on the little one and all because he was dumb enough to startle it. Idiot had even gotten lucky enough to take out the mother. She was rather amused by his dumb luck. She took blood from the boar she had downed and painted it on her face and paws as if it was the most natural thing in the world. The reason for such strange actions was simply that it was the turn her mood had taken.

Eranas

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:44 pm
His limp began to hurt him more. Perhaps it was more than a nick that the older boar caused him. Kiongozee's muzzle snarled up wards. That wasn't smart of him at all. No, now he's going to have to get down the mountain with that wound, and it was going to be a mess. He ignored the pain for a while and moves forward to sniff at the boar. Ah, that's why she didn't fight hard..She was sick. And poisoned.

Cursing the gods, he attacks the big lump in anger. If there were any edible parts it would only be a select amount. This certainly caused his mood to become foul. And only when he turned around did he notice the leopardess.. and he strange actions. What the heck is she dong, he wondered. And with the baby boar that he was going to get... That was his. She was watching the whole time?!

Kiongozee limped over to her with a loud snarl. "What are you doing here-- why did you take my kill?" He licked at the wound hurriedly and twitched his eat. " You were waiting for me to distract it weren't you? Despicable! Just like the lions. Stealing kills.." A slow growl rumbles through his throat as he walks forward to her.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:02 pm
The leopardess laughed at the cheetah and it was not a pleasant sound. "I was trying to hunt this boar, had the mother and baby in sight and was waiting for the baby to wander away from mother enough to get it without bringing the mother running... you just happened to blunder into it. I was hoping you would go away and not ruin things." She rolled her eyes and put her paw on the baby boar. "Lucky for you, you managed to make your blunder into a success. And I killed my indented prey." She gave him a look down her nose. "How dare you compare me to a lion. Obviously you are an idiot. Attacking a baby without first making sure the mother isn't nearby and comparing a leopard to a lion."

Maleficar took a bite out of her kill and kept the male in her eye. She had seen the way he attacked at the dead boar and the anger on his features. Something bothered him. There was no reason for him to bother her about the baby, unless something was wrong that he could not eat the mother? Perhaps the hide was too thick afterall, or something else. She would just have to wait to see if the little speed demon let on to what his problem was. "You should be happy with your dumb luck in not being killed by the tusks of that old boar you decided to face off against. Your kind are not masters of brute strength."

Neither were her kind, but she was at least built heavier in that department than a cheetah. Cheetah's were meant for speed, lions were meant for strength, and leopards were somewhere in between. She swallowed another bite of her kill while she watched the male. Her paw never left the top of it and she was standing tense, ready to attack if he tried to take it. It did not matter that she would probably leave half of it behind since she always was a light eater, she would not let him STEAL it from her. This baby boar had been near time for its mother to kick it out, so it would feed two if it had to.

Eranas

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:33 pm
Her words bit into him, and his ears flicked back, he turned his head away and looked over at the mother boar and then back at the baby. A small angry noise escaped.. but what she said was true. And it was only out of anger that he acted so rashly. Anger and pride. IF that boar wasn't sick he would have been killed. And he knew that. But that doesn't matter now. He escaped with a scratch, and he wasn't... -that- hungry after all.

"Hmph. I'm not going to apologize since you managed to get what you needed. But I do owe an apology for my comparison." Snorts out roughly and begins to clean his wound before it gets infected. "I am just agitated." Well, a little more than agitated.

"... What is a leopard doing in the mountains anyway. I've only seen a select amount of... " He looks angry and spits at the ground for this. "A select amount of Lions." He nearly forgot that there were strong mountain lions near by. Perhaps they were itching for a fight-- no no, they aren't now. But she looks like she wanted to fight. The leopardess had some nerve if she wanted to fight him. He may have been wounded.. but he's still a tough fighter.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 pm
Maleficar let her pose relax some when the male's tone softened some. It was a very tiny amount, but it was enough that he was seeing sense and did not seem likely to attack her for her meal. She chuckled that dark little laugh again when he stated he would not apologize for ruining the hunt. Stubborn thing was he not? A stubborn idiot could make a fun toy if she really wanted to make use of him. But for the moment she was not really looking for that kind of fun. Besides, he had yet to redeem himself completely for the idiotic snapping at her.

"Yes, you do owe an apology for comparing me to a lion. If I were a lion, I likely would have been stupid enough to take on both mother and baby before you got here, and chased you off when you did show." Maleficar really did not think of lions that way, but the way this male seemed to hate them, she was going to play on every bad trait they could possibly have. She loved how easy this cheetah was to torment at the moment. It made her day that much more enjoyable. To think, Dysi always said she was mean. Ha, that pansy did not know just how much fun being mean was, especially when the other party had no idea just how cruel you were being to them!

"A leopard can go anywhere it pleases. THIS leopard just wanted a change of scenery for a little while. The plains got dull." Maleficar would not mention the fact that she also a tiny bit had chosen up because of the heat being so horrible in the flat areas. She did not miss the cleaning of the wound on the male's leg and set aside the idea of the male being a threat. If he had any brain at all, he would not go looking for a fight with a fresh wound. "I have noticed the lion presence as well. They seem intent on keeping to themselves, so at least I am not forced to look at them."

Eranas

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm
Everything the leopardess was saying seemed to have made sense. And this just annoyed Kiongozee more than he was before. She.. something was off about her. Then again he hasn't met many leopards. However it wasn't the species that hinted to some bad vibes, but her attitude. Something this leopardess said hinted towards a very sadistic animal. This thought brought a smirk to the cheetah's muzzle, and he licked his lips gently before lifting his head and staring a her.

"Very.. very true. They are stupid aren't they? They thinking they can fight and attack anything without any consequences. " But instead of apologizing, he tries to change the subject to something else. "The mountains are different aren't they. There's more life. More grass. As well as more coverage against the prey"

He snickers and looks at his claws. "Yes. Once I've actually hidden in front a family of gazelles and attacked each of them without knowing. Stupid prey."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm
Maleficar left the half the baby boar that she had not eaten sit as she groomed the blood from her fur again. It was nice to have had a meal. Why she was leaving the rest for this male instead of eating it all, she would not say. She suspected it had something to do with Dysi's influence on her growing, but eh, she admitted to nothing. She just sat there grooming and ignored the rest of the food as well as the male in general for a little bit.

"I have found that most lions are a bit... strange rather than stupid. Many are either after a fight or too trusting of others. Either extreme is not intelligent." She did not miss the lack of an apology and noted that this male might not be as stupid as he had seemed. there was a pleasant surprise. "It sounds as if you have hand much practice with hunting. It is such a shame it did not show today." She chuckles as she stretches. She had to get that jab in there.

Maleficar went back to her rock perch from earlier and hopped up on it. The male was going to either lead to fun, or she would leave him to his tiny meal. It was more than he deserved for his interrupting her hunting. Dysi would have been proud of the dark leopardess. She would have to make sure to tell him later, when she complained about the horrible influence his pansy self was on her. Just thinking about the conversation brought a soft smile to the leopardess' muzzle, though it did not remove her attention from the cheetah.

Eranas
we can wrap it up whenever you feel comfortable

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:17 pm
He slowly took notice on the female's movement. He noticed the strength in her voice and figure she fights often for herself. This was definitely a change of pace, most of the female he has seen have not been so self dependent as of late. It was quite sad to be honest. Many of them were taken advantage of by the lions, which added to the bitterness in his voice and his gaze as he turns his eyes and flicks his ears back. The response she has about the lions are spot on, but something seems slightly off. But he ignored it and shook his head. Perhaps it was just him over thinking, there was no reason she would speak this way just to see his reaction.

With a small quirk of his muzzle, he sounds amused as he speaks and looks down at the little boar. What was her purpose of leaving it behind, he wondered, if this really did bother her much. Others would hurriedly and snarf the prey down their stinking mouths, why did she leave half behind? Was hunting merely fun to her?

"I had.. practice on the hills. Not mountains." He added bitterly, "I try to stay away from high places. I tend to get stuck, if you know what I mean." The jab did stick at him, and he would not forget that. It was embarrassing, his actions. He would need to be more careful hen hunting. Must make sure that no one was watching when he tried something more reckless... Otherwise it will seem like he's becoming weak, and no one will respect him.

Kathryn Dragonna
It's up to you!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Maleficar chuckled out loud at the cheetah. She usually kept her amusement to herself, but it was just too funny to watch him. He had noticed the boar. She had seen him look right at it, but he did not touch it. He did not trust her. Oh it was too perfect. He was actually smart enough not to trust her, and yet, she had a feeling that it was more paranoia than anything. She could be wrong, but usually the only creatures smart enough to be able to read the signs on her were those that were too paranoid to write off the signs.

Maleficar did love her games that she played, but well, paranoia just made the game too easy. Feeding on another's hate was much more fun than feeding on their fear. Of course, at one time she would have done either, but it was yet another sign that even in small ways Dysi's influence was rubbing off on her. She was losing interest in some of her games and in some of her more cruel ways of doing things, and of course, this was one of those times where she showed that she was going soft by getting bored with tormenting someone.

The leopardess rose and flicked her tail at the cheetah. "Well, I shall let you to get stuck, and perhaps prove yourself a better hunter, on your own. Enjoy the snack on me, I have a feeling if your hunting continues as today, you are going to need it." She gave a wicked smile over her shoulder and sauntered off. Maleficar would start making her way out of the mountains soon enough, but for now, she was just going to head away from the cheetah that had been so much fun for a little while.

Eranas
sorry this took so long, and that is End.

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces