Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am
User Image

Dru snuck out of Ndima's public cove that served as a bar or pub many a nights. The green colored hyena Corsair fancied herself a Brewmaster and had invited Dru to be an apprentice of sorts. More like the bar tender every now and again. Thankfully, not tonight. Tonight Ndima was actually in and tending to the pirates and their companions for the fermented fruit juices she spent all sunlight and even moonlight hours harvest, which meant -

Dru had the night off.

No drunk and bawdy pirates to politely put off. No handy-grabby while she was serving a Captain or someone. Not that Dru didn't enjoy the attention, but it wasn't her favorite attention. But life was good, with treasures, physcial contact, and the unnecessary need to have and make more of the brew Ndima proudly served.

Dru sighed as she stretched her legs and back and smiled into the growing twilight. Being the new leopon in the pride was... interesting. It was a balancing act between what she could get away with and what she would allow others to, but mostly it was a grand adventure, even as she tended to some of the cubs in the area from their parents as mothers weighted on fathers or fathers went out hunting.

Being a Corsair was turning out to be the best option for Dru. She didn't have to have children to be happy here, which was good because though she loved kids, she was infertile. Another thing that fit Dru best in the life of the pirate pride. She could enjoy the attentions of lions and lionesses, leopards and leopardess alike and not have to worry about the morning after. Unlike she couldn't get out of drinking shot for shot with one of her pridemates. Then it was more of a worry about the morning after headache.

Dru trotted along the beach, smelling the sea spray and always keeping the treasure coves insight. It was night, and monkeys were usually day animals, sleeping in the night. But you never knew. A monkey could become ambitious.

A moving shadow could Dru's attention and she froze. Should she raise the alram? Wait and see if it was an invader, a thief? Or confront the shadow ...

(Yeah, the music video for the song "We Are Young" by Fun inspired the rp ... sorry redface )  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm
User Image

In the night Jasiri really didn't have much of an advantage. Her white coat stuck out like a sore thumb but on the white sandy beaches she was walking she actually seemed to blend in pretty well. Her eyes were alert and searching for anyone that was walking the beach ahead of her. She knew what she was looking for. She had heard rumors of a pirate pride from a number of seagulls who had made their way up a river farther inland. They had told her all about the lax ways of the pride and had intrigued her interest. She was ready for a new start and this pride was the best place to start. The seagulls had explained what they knew of the pride and how all new comers had to go through a test by stealing a trinket or bringing one with them.

Jasiri was all prepped for that. On her way she had come across some small round gold items and some had been punctured and strung on some kind of line. She had taken one with her to be her trinket to get her into the pride. She had made it to the beach several days ago and was still walking looking for any signs of the pride. She didn't know what she was looking for but she knew the general direction the gulls had told her to go.

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 pm
Dru sunk down and started to prowl and crawl closer to the shadow still unsure whether to raise the alarm or pounce the thing. In fact she still couldn't make out what it was. The shadow Dru was following was rather thin, faded and elongated. The features that would tell her whether the shadow belonged to a monkey or not were skewering the possibilities.

Finally having crept up to close enough, Dru jumped out. Decision made. "Hey!" Her shout had to carry over the crashing waves, so she made sure to be loud with a lot of oxygen in her lungs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 pm
The crashing waves made her sense of hearing pretty much useless so when another feline leapt from the darkness at her and screamed she jumped and snarled at the feline. She had not been expecting anyone to pop out of the darkness just out of no where. She had thought she would at least get some warning that there was another being near.

"What in the devils breath was that for?!" She practically roared at the other individual. She was still worked up with adrenaline and her instinct to fight the individual who had sent her into this frenzy.

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 am
"I'm a suspicious soul, but since you're not a monkey, I guess that depends on who you are and what you're doing out here." Dru shrugged as she relaxed slightly. A lioness is still very dangerous, but at least it wasn't a monkey trying to steal the treasures of the pirates. Those things could be balls-y.

Maybe the white lioness was a corsair meeting a lover or leaving a lover. Or a pirate that was out and not at Ndima's for whatever reason. But there was also the possibility that she was a stormborn or some other nefarious type set to make mischief for her pride and her king. Granted, Dru hadn't seen the Pirato since he'd dropped her off with some huntresses and Corsairs when she first entered the pride, but his gift and kindness made Dru loyal. So if she could stop trouble, no matter how small, from coming his way, she would try.

Izzy Makani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:22 am
Jasiri was slowly relaxing now that she was getting over the initial shock of the leopon jumping out and scaring her. At the leopon's question she remembered what she was doing here and realized that she could very well be where she had been trying to get all this time. "Well my name is Jasiri." She told the leopon as she looked her over.

She was nervous to say why she was here but she had to find out and this leopon was the best way to find out. "I'm trying to find a pride I was told about. It was described as a pride of pirates. I want to become a member. Could you tell me if I'm anywhere near the pride now?"

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am
Dru beamed at the Jasiri. "You're here! Welcome!" Dru relaxed completely and settled down. "This is Pirate lands here, and over that way and that way." She flicked her tail in different directions. "In fact that's why I jumped at you, you're very close to the treasure coves. Can't have anyone unauthorized in there. And by unauthorized, I mean non-pride members and monkeys.

"Too bad Pirato didn't find you, he'd loves new members. At least that what the other corsairs tell me. Brings him joy, not as much as treasure, but still." Dru smile grew as she remembered how she was accepted by Pirato into the pride. Yep, he was definitely happy, happy enough to reward her for defending what was his and his prides. She guessed she owed that dead monkey something, because she was accepted without having to steal or pay her way in. In fact, Pirato technically paid her to join the pride. "How'd you find out about the pirates, Jasiri?"

Izzy Makani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 am
Jasiri's ears perk up in suprise and her eyes light up. She was just a stones throw away from the treasure cove where all the treasure of the pirate pride was kept. She'd managed to walk right into the pride and not even realize it. "Wow... It seems like I've been traveling here for a very long time. Actually standing on the lands I've been trying to reach for so long is surreal..."

At the mention of a Pirato Jasiri tilted her head curiously. "Who is Pirato? Is he someone I need to meet?" She asked. She wanted to get off on a good foot and not mess anything up. "I found out about the pride from a couple of seagulls. I met them a very long way from here on a river bank that was a very long way from the ocean. They told me of the pride and said it was a rather care free environment with lax ways. I asked them which way I needed to go and what I might need and they told me to find a treasure." She explained and then she dropped the piece of gold she had that was dangling on some string from her mouth. "I found this on my way here and I figured this would be a good treasure to bring to get me into the pride."

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 am
Dru nodded, "I know what you mean. Of course, when I first found the pride, I was distracted by a thieving no-good monkey, which of course turned into a very good thing. But I had been searching for the pirates, since I had met a pirate once. But here we are!"

Dru had already been in a good mood before stumbling on the new pride member, which is what the lioness was in Dru's mind, a pride member, but her mood continued to grow, floating upward at a leisurely pace. It didn't hurt that the lioness was very pretty, or that Dru had a fermented fruit or two before Ndima had shooed her away for a night off and out of the bar.

"Pirato's not someone you need to meet, he's the King of the pride, King of the Pirates. He's someone you will meet. He's either in Ndima's Pub right now, or in the treasure cove. He could be anywhere really, but those are the two places I always seem to see him about."

Dru sat up to nose the trinket. It was very pretty; it would make a pretty amulet or something with the hole through the middle. But seagulls? Had Jasiri actually found helpful useful ones? Well, that wasn't fair, seagulls were ...not bad, but they weren't parrots. "As for the price, it looks pretty. I'm only a Corsair, but I know pretty and treasure when I see, and that's a nice piece." Dru nosed the trinket back at Jasiri. "So we can bring it to the treasure cove, or we can find Pirato and give it to him. I would suggest the treasure cove, you never know who's going to try and steal it from you."

Izzy Makani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm
Jasiri listened with strong interest to the leopon's words. "I think I remember the seagulls saying something about the king but they wouldn't tell me his name just that he wanted a trinket from any new comer." She replied remembering how hard it had been to get the details she wanted from the silly birds and all of what she had done to the birds to get them to talk.

Jasiri watched as the leopon examined the trinket and when she nudged it back towards her she picked it up by the string and let it dang off one of her canine teeth. "Alrighty then. I like that idea. Let's do it." She told the leopon and motioned to her for her to lead the way to the treasure cove.

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 pm
"This way then." Dru stood and started leading Jasiri toward the treasure cove. She followed the beach for awhile, guilty of liking the romantic air of the shore, even if the situation left a bit to be desired, but she appreciated the female's beauty just as she appreciated the male handsomeness. Either one is fine, especially if they decided to gift her with a trinket now and again from their adventures.

But that wasn't happening now and it wasn't that important. "So, did those birds tell you anything useful? Because Pirato is more likely to hand you off to a corsair or whatever female is in the area to explain things and to answer questions. So if you have any, hit me while you can."

Izzy Makani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 am
Jasiri followed along side Dru and listened as she spoke. She was uninterested in the beach and the sand between her toes at that moment. Her determination to get to the Maestros pride was still in high gear and she was ready to turn over the trinket and become a for sure member. She wanted to get her new life started in the pride and find a place she fit in there.

"Well the birds left a lot to be desired but they told me the pride is very laid back and that the males did a lot of adventures outside of the pride. I guess my first question is what is a corsair and what does it do?"

Dame NightFury

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:03 pm
Izzy Makani

Dru smiled. "I am a corsair. At the moment I am apprenticing with a brewmaster, Suravel Ndima. We tend to the males when they're in town. If you're at Ndima's tavern, you'll be doing more tending then not. Some corsairs like tending to males in a more personal setting. We also take care of cubs. The cubs are what made me decide to be a corsair. They're so cute, I can't help but want to be around them. There are also Huntresses and a few rare female pirates, but Pirato has to approve of you personally, I think."

Dru trotted to the cave at a good pace, not too quick and not too slow. "Ndima is a corsair as well."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:49 am
Jasiri listened to what Dru had to say with interest. She already had a feeling what she would be doing mostly as a corsair but she wanted to know all the duties that corsair's might have. When she spoke of caring for cubs Jasiri looked away to hide the sad expression that was on her face. Cubs always reminded her of her past and what she has lost. She usually tried to steer clear of them if she could.

Once she regained composure over her expression she looked in the direction they were heading and could see what looked like a cave coming up. "Is that the place?"

Dame NightFury
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'd like to try and get this rp done in the next couple of posts if you don't mind. ^^

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 pm
Dru stopped in front of the treasure cave and nodded at Jasiri. "Yep, this is it. Just drop your contribution off and I'll vouche for you that you did." Dru made sure to stand to the side, away fromt the enterance, but not to far away, just in case there was another thieving monkey in the area. No point letting those disgusting creatures think she was letting them off easy. She might not be a sailor, pirate or warrior in this pride, but that didn't mean Dru wasn't going to kill every single monkey that got to close to the pride's treasure, or her own either. "And let me be the first to welcome you to the pride, Jasiri."

Izzy Makani
i think you can get the last post and we can call it fin. xd

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas