Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Turrrrtles. Teach me, lovelies!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm
I posted in r/Pets about this (oh god, I'm too used to Reddit. Pets forum). I wanna get a Stink pot (Musk) turtle, and name it Dominatrix, Domie for short.

User Image
This is the tank I wanna build. Blue = Water, red circle=heating/uvb lamp, brown=ramps, and sand=basking platform. It'll be a smooth ramp with little indented ridges in it for grip so that Domie can go up and down without tearing up her poor under-shell. She'll be fed out-of-tank, and I'm thinking Mazuri aquatic pellets with some greens daily. There'll be individual heaters and filters per tank. bare bottom. Oh how exciting!!

Please, teach me all you know, my magical turtle friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am
Cowgirl has one of those!  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 pm
sweatdrop I do indeed, the only reason I havent said anything, is you seem to have it mostly covered, as far as I know. When we got Yuma, he was just a teeny baby the size of a quarter, in a critter keeper. We kept him on the TV for warmth, and fed him 2 teeny pellets a day. Then I realized, he always seemed hungry, and he didnt have room to grow (after I finally figured out what breed he was, we got him from a friend) So we moved him to a 10g and fed him more, I hear baby stink pots need more protein. Now hes in like a 30g with about 4-5 inches of water (he HATES deep water, but most of them like it) we rarely hold him, since he also hates that, and will bite. He loves boiled chicken chunks, and freeze dried river shrimp (the crickets were too big) and meal worms. And the random fat fly, but not often, and I always rinse them first xD he has his UV light, and we keep his room warm enough he doesnt need a heater, hes got a filter, and a little thing he likes to push around that has stairs for him to climb and bask, and it works well for him, no gravel, or sand, but thats cause he can eat it too easily and cause him to get impacted, IDK if hes old enough now we could do sand though.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games