Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

Alfonso Giovanni

Dapper Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:36 am
SP-O Wlm Dougherty

The extended MIA has been exactly the same amount of time for many of us. You neglected to answer the question.

Are you "in" or does the roll need to be recast?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:39 am
Oh, well I was under the impression that after your move to MM, the RP's continued on, for a little while, at least. At any rate, if this is an "invite", then ... yes, I'm in. *Makes note to get back to the finishing touches on the costume for his role in the film, and studying up on his scene(s) ASAP.*  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

Alfonso Giovanni

Dapper Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am
stare ……… Not an "invite." Nobody here received an engraved invitation. This event isn't formal enough to justify that type of expense.

This is a casting call. The same type of casting call that has been done for previous chapters and a cast member was in question as to the level of interest. Its a “shout out”…nothing more, nothing less.

So I'll put you down at "present" then.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 pm
Yes, the RP continued on after we moved, but I don't know what that has to do with the question. emotion_eyebrow

We just wanted to know if you were in or out -before- it got to your character's part in the story, just like I had to ask Kai if he was going to be the Hatter so I could figure out a replacement if he was no longer interested.

We're going off the original casting list and adjusting as needed since it's been a few years.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 am
As I'm sure you already know, I've been following all the posts in regards to the Wonderland Project and related threads, in addition to other GGG posts. I'm well aware that you are using the original casting list, and that the original storyline is being tweaked as it plays out. I was just concerned with how long it's been since I've RP'd Cop. I intentionally threw in a little attitude to test the waters, so to speak, to find out whether or not it's going to be alright with everyone for me to join in. And just as I suspected, I see that I'm already ruffling some feathers around here. Each and every one of you have thrown sarcasm and/or attitudes around at one point or another, so why can't I? Geez, people. Talk about my having to walk on eggshells around here.

Needless to say, I was the one who was ousted from the group and left behind. If any of you have any inkling of what that feels like, then perhaps you'd understand where I'm coming from. It is a difficult process, but at least I am trying to let go of what happened in the past, and it'd be nice if some of you would do the same.
*Insert muted background music of Elsa singing "Let it go" here.* With that said, I know very well that it's going to be a challenge [for all of us], and I'm willing to step in and play out what I originally signed up for.

edited sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:54 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
...but at least I am trying to let go of what happened in the past, and it'd be nice if some of you would do the same.

Despite what you may think, we're making the effort too. The project being here is a part of that effort. People had to rejoin the guild to participate so that others {including you} could follow along and have the chance to take part. I could have restarted the project in MM, but I didn't. So here we are.

As I've stated before, the idea when I first started plotting this project years ago was as a means of making the roleplay fun again because we were all just kind of burning out for various reasons {most of it being real life}. When I decided to revisit this, I thought I was going to be on my own. I'm not good at keeping touch with people so I hadn't even talked to most of the group in probably a couple years {I'm also bad with time}. But once I got the first chapter up and reached out, people started indicating they wanted to have fun roleplaying again and this was as good of a reason to come back as any. So I opened it up for -everyone- to come back if they wanted to so that everyone could hop back on and have fun with it like the original plan was.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 pm
pirate

I'm fine with sarcasm, rudeness and attitudes via RP, Franco will be soaking in it. Franco was by far the hardest character for me to get back into playing because he came about with much negativity I was dealing with at the time. To be fair it was never my intention to get to know anyone on a real life level but it actually happened and it got me through some really terrible things.

I think it's fair that Fae has concerns, she hasn't been talking to us in the background etc. since we all stopped playing.
She wasn't aware that we all dropped off the map for a lot of years. She has no context to what happened after we moved out of GGG. (that I'm aware of)

For what it's worth I am sorry if anything I did hurt anyone because that was never my intention. Just like everyone else I will try to not get personally offended over anything via RP. 3nodding I'm happy to start a new but I will not apologize for what my characters might do in the future

*inserted trigger warning* twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:56 am
Thank you. I really do appreciate the efforts here at trying to make amends and bring RP fun back into GGG. For the longest time, I felt really bad after you all left, blaming myself for the collapse of Geezerville. That in itself had been a very heavy burden to bear. So with appearing to be the only active Crew member left, I devoted myself into just watching over GGG these past 4 years, and taking care of new join requests.

But since some of you have recently opened up and stated that you were also having RL issues during that time period, it made me realize that I wasn't the only one at fault back then. And I agree with Leko. It was never my intention to hurt anyone, and so I also apologize for my actions back then.

As far as MM goes, in the beginning Kits had told me that a lot of threads were being set up. Other than that, she didn't go into any details as to what was happening there. She did tell me at one point that there wasn't very much posting going on, that it was just her and TES making occasional [RP] posts. She's a devoted guild member who just wants to have creative fun with the RPs.
3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Alfonso Giovanni

Dapper Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 am
“Attitude.” Lets talk about that. *Spoken in very clear English*

*Pulls up upholstered leather chair, has a seat and lights a cigar. Shakes match with the flick of the wrist and places the smoldering small stick into the crystal ashtray sitting next to him on the side table. Crosses his leg with an ankle on the opposite knee and slides a bit forward to get comfortable.*

We fling attitude around here frequently. It’s the way we engage and what makes this band of idiots so much fun to play and read. We’ve grown accustomed to outrageous actions and big personalities. It’s what keeps us coming back and contributing to this thing we’ve created together. Much like a game of tennis, storylines and actions are volleyed as we all match wits and roll with the actions and phrases that are served by an opponent.

*Takes a pull on his cigar and blows a couple of smoke rings into the air.*

Now, if one player decides to serve a wicked spike, the opponent is tasked with having to return said wicked spike while staying within the “persona” guidelines he/she has carefully laid out and built over time and there is a lot of ground work we have crafted over the years. We even sometimes “play tennis” in the street which is clearly marked OOC. Attitude is volleyed freely here by all parties.

Nobody expects anything less. Nobody views another player in a bad light based upon the tennis match. Nobody is stopping any other player from signing up for a tennis match. We all have a real wicked serve here so if you sign up and want to engage, fantastic. Here’s a racket.
*Sits up, reaches around the chair and places a tennis racket onto the table in front of him.*

I happen to play tennis with a very large monkey wrench. *Smirks, places his cigar back into his mouth and eases back into his chair*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:18 pm
*Keeps hearing a repetitive Miro-ism inside my head, all fricken' afternoon!! gonk ...
"Oh noes! You fell off the map?! gonk crying But it's so flat!! Are you ok?" gonk crying
... *Wonders if anyone else heard it.* ninja

_____

*Picks up the racket and looks over the workmanship, then spins it in his hand a bit to test the balance.* Nice. *Sets racket back down on the table.* Good point there, Gio. The only problem is that tennis isn't my game. *Brings out his baseball bat and takes a few practice swings before stepping up to the plate.* But I'm in the game, so ... Let's play ball! scream xd

edited  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 pm
*gets hit smack in the face with a ball*
stressed crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 am
*Sees that Ayami just got hit by a stray ball. Quickly flutters over and sits down next to her.* You'll be ok. Good thing it was just a tennis ball. A baseball would have done more damage! *Produces an ice pack and gives it to Ayami to place on the slightly reddened area on her face.* 3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm
Note to self: don't check reddit writing prompts right before bed.

Because most of the prompts suck, I thought there would be no harm in it, but last night
I actually found one and stayed up a few more hours to type out this story. sweatdrop I ended up actually liking it a lot to the point of considering potentially fleshing it out a little better as an alternate universe for my characters. Also would explain why Tes/Draa don't like hickeys emotion_awesome

Might also start another wattpad "book" just for my reddit posts if I actually keep finding prompts I like and respond to. Speaking off wattpad though... *goes off to actually proofread chapter 7* sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm
*Comes back after all the post Ren-faire cleaning chaos & 3-5am work shifts* Everything looks well enough here. Carry on. *throws on head phones and turns on music playlist on her phone*  

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:15 am
Kits Rose
I've never seen a mechanical dragon that was that convincing, though.

*Thinks back to ArtPrize 2013* Remember the huge metal sculpture depicting a fire breathing dragon? emotion_awesome And if I remember correctly, it was interactive, where a few people could climb inside the body and operate some of the mechanics, to include making the head sway a bit from side to side. Could feel the heat from that thing near the street! eek

User Image

User Image

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games