Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give it another try?
  YES
  NO
View Results

sorullo6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 am
I worked so hard for an internship this year. I was really excited because this was the first opportunity i had in seeing what being a lawyer is really about. So i get interviewed, got wait listed,then got it, and did some paper work. They told me that i needed to dress in business casual so i bought clothes for the occasion. I'm really trying hard to graduate in 3 years from my college, with the internship i felt like nothing can go bad....Until i get that email telling me due to my schedule i had to be released! I'm like wow i work hard don't slack off in college and bam my opportunity is over. At the end of the email i get this " Please apply again next year if you see the opportunity meaningful". Ouch! What do you guys think should i try again or move on?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:32 am
sorullo6
I worked so hard for an internship this year. I was really excited because this was the first opportunity i had in seeing what being a lawyer is really about. So i get interviewed, got wait listed,then got it, and did some paper work. They told me that i needed to dress in business casual so i bought clothes for the occasion. I'm really trying hard to graduate in 3 years from my college, with the internship i felt like nothing can go bad....Until i get that email telling me due to my schedule i had to be released! I'm like wow i work hard don't slack off in college and bam my opportunity is over. At the end of the email i get this " Please apply again next year if you see the opportunity meaningful". Ouch! What do you guys think should i try again or move on?
Well, my company does internships for ITT Tech, so I can tell you, it is not so much different from a real job. Things like work (or in your case school) history and how your classes are scheduled can play a very big factor on if you are hired or not. If, say, you have afternoon classes five days a week and they need you for half that time, they will choose the one who has more night classes than afternoon as it fits with their scheduling better. That being said, it's all up to you if you wish to reapply next year or semester. If you REALLY want this to play out in your favor, I would suggest taking more evening/night classes to make your afternoons more palpable to the company hiring you. I will warn you, though, I did the same thing when learning basic accounting in community college while working at my company and it tired me out harshly, as well as left me little time to myself with the homework that had to be done immediately.  

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Whine Cellar: A place to vent your frustrations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items