Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Insults From Treetops (Moyo & Tamu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm
User Image

Stuff had been pretty hectic in the colony, hence why Moyo was lounging around near the border. She'd begun using this particular spot as her hide-away from all the desperation that their chieftess was exuding. She understood they needed more new blood, but frankly, Moyo disliked the whole 'royal family' and thought they were all a bunch of usurpers and stole the seats int he colony her family had deserved. But whatever. If Sayen couldn't get her s**t together long enough to figure out how to fix their genetic diversity issue, she would lose the colony and Moyo would laugh. Then have to find a new place to live.

Crap!

She didn't want a new place to live. She liked her jungle. It was easy pickings there for food. The plains were so much harder to stalk in with her pelt. Her ears pinned back and her tail swished out of agitation behind her. And now that she was thinking about food, she realized she was hungry. She groaned, such a boring task to hunt. She was so irritated by everything and didn't feel like actually looking for a meal, even if she was pretty good at hunting in the jungle trees.

With a sullen expression she laid her head down on her paws and stared at the jungle floor. Hopefully something easy would wander by she could pounce on. Hunting was such a chore...

Why had she agreed to become a hunter for the Colony again?

Depawsit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:53 pm
User Image

Such a task it was to find fruit in this god forsaken jungle!

I mean its a jungle, so surely there has to be fruit SOMEWHERE? The leopard's tumym rumbled in agitation as his cravings got the better of him. He hated when these things happened. He'd fall asleep and dream and fruit, then when he woke up, he had this uncontrollable urge to EAT. Not just anything either, it had to be the PERFECT fruit. Sometimes it was fresh fruit, other times he was in for something a little more wacky ... the fermented goods. This time though, anything would do.

Staring ahead of him, all he could see was more vines to twist his way through. Maybe the fruit wasn't worth it this time? NO! The fruit was always worth it. At least, that's what his belly told him, over and over again.

Sighing the male untwisted his tail from a gnarled tree root and pushed on. He had absolutely no idea where the hell he was, but the farther from home he got the more anxious he became. New places meant new things, and well new things meant surprises. He knew from experiences, that not all surprises were pleasant.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:07 pm
Just when she spotted a little lost hare under her tree, it took off. She blinked. She hadn't made any noises, had she? No, of course not. She wasn't stupid, or bad at hunting. Before she could begin a monologue that no one was expected to hear, she heard, then spotted something. IT was long and.. bright. Oh. So. Bright. Even worse than her, and that was sort of saying something. (She'd heard so much about how offensive her coat was to the eyes most of the time. It was getting old, really.)

But as she focused her eyes, the realized the bright thing, his color akin to that of some palms and fauna... Yes, it -was- a leopard. Right? She checked the tail as it moved closer. Yes, leopard. Too big to be a cheetah and lacking a little tuft of fur like a lion.

Her tail flickered as she eyed the leopard, noticing he had brown spots to go with his florescent green coat. "How Gaudy!" She couldn't help but exclaim as he moved to stand under her tree. She herself was up quite a ways, a life of climbing made her quite skilled at reaching higher limbs of these jungle trees.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 pm
The exclamation did little for Tamu's nerves as he pushed on in this new area. In fact, it down right scared the bajeesus out of him. He jumped a few inches off the ground, his fur edged along his back, and his claws sunk deep into the ruch ground at his feet.

Looking around for his rude guest, he saw nothing. Not a soul was on the ground, nor anywhere ahead of him. "Must've been the wind..." He mumbled to himself, coaxing his fur to calm along his back once more. He knew it hadn't been the wind, but what other explanation did he have? Some invisible voice was making fun of him? Well in a way it was true ... the voice was totally invisible to him.

Looking around again, he chose to tempt his own sanity. At the best, he would get an answer, at the worst, he was insane. See? No downside there!

"Is someone actually there?"

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 am
For a moment Moyo considered remaining silent to let the other leopard think he was going crazy, but the laugh that was rising up from her chest was too much to contain, so she simply began cackling in amusement. It wasn't everyday a random leopard wandered into the Usafi jungle after all, and while the guards like to chase most of them away, Moyo liked to taunt and tease. She gripped the tree with her claws as her form shook from the loud, amused laughter.

After a moment she settled herself and smirked down at him, tail dipping down past her perch and swishing high in the air as she began to speak once more. "Of course there's someone here." She began, looking thoroughly entertained. "Do you often hear voices without a body to accompany them?" She asked as she peered down at the leopard. His coat really was bright, the green looked good in the jungle, but she could only imagine how eye-rapingly bright he was out in the rogue lands where there were no tropical trees like the one she was perched to mellow out his coat.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:47 pm
Finally catching the flash of her white pelt, Tamu focused his attention on the now present leopardess. "No I don't, but its not often I meet such a snippy mouthed female either." He rolled his eyes at her words, catching hold of her sarcasm and letting go of all further interest. He had no time for those who wanted to be the smart a**, he needed fruit not this nonsense.

Biding his time, as he waited for the female's remark he began to dig his claws into the dirt. He didn't want to seem weird, but this female had already reserved judgement to some extent. So why did he care what he looked like anymore?

The quick answer was he didn't. But he could at least pretend like he did, to show some sort of respect for her. Even if she was likely to not return the favor.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm
She extended her claws and began to rake them across the limb of the tree she was perched upon as she smirked down at the other leopard. He looked so irritated. She did love it when she could annoy others like this. It was silly, really, but it was how she was. It could have been worse though, she always told herself, she could have been insane like her sister. Chasing bugs and oblivious to the world...

"Well. I don't know you, so you can't be Usafi, which means you're an outsider... How exciting. I wonder how long before guards figure out there's an intruder and try to chase you away." She mused to herself, though loud enough for him to hear clearly. "Don't worry, I won't tell them you're here. Unless you do something stupid that is... Like go any deeper into the jungle, but by the time you get any further in, the guard will be the least of your worries."

As fun as it might seem to let the leopard lead himself to death by elephant or pissed off gorilla, Moyo had no intention of having blood on her paws, and besides, they didn't know the difference between Usafi leopards and rogue ones. If a gorilla got mad at him, it was likely to take it out on any Usafi leopards it may have had a truce with. Those apes were so terribly obnoxious, constantly changing their minds on if they were okay with, or if they hated, the leopards here.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 pm
L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13
Oh god, i'm sorry for the wait D:

Tamu really had no idea what to think of this strange new female, she seemed to enjoy annoying him if that counted for anything. Sighing Tamu rolled his eyes as she went through her guard comment. He wasn't stupid afterall, now that he knew he was approaching a claimed territory he would simply turn around. Sadly that meant no fruit, but it wasn't like he was having the best of luck anyway.

Begrudgingly Tamu turned his attention to the female once more and shrugged his shoulders. "They can chase me away as much as they'd like, but i'll leave willingly. I have no reason to cause trouble here, even if I did, its not what i'm here for today." He flashed the leopardess a quick grin and stuck out his tongue. "What about you? I suppose you live here since you know so much about it?"

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 pm
How boring, he wanted to leave already? Moyo wouldn't have that. "Yes I live here. Born and raised. My family used to be royalty until the current leader chased my grandmother and mother away." She told the male, her tail fluttering behind her as she made a sour face. But quickly her irritation dissolved as she peered down at him curiously. "Why are you here? Looking for something maybe?" She guessed with a wide grin.

If he was here for a reason she could harass him more under the guise of offering him assistance. Many creatures avoided the jungle unless they were after something, like food, or to find the pride-- which she had since figured was not his intent. "You must be looking for something... I know this jungle better than anyone-- even the guards, I can help you find whatever it is you seek?"

Depawsit
Haha, no worries. I've been busy so it's not been a massive wait for me. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm
Not to be offensive towards the female, but Tamu was not at all interested in her family at all. She had been rude to him before, why on earth would he be expected to show condolences now? But alas, he knew his manners well, and despite his WANT to not care, he did feel her pain.

"I'm terribly sorry to hear that." He bowed his head slightly in respect and carried on his walking, knowing the female would simply follow him to pester him further.

As she began to question his purpose, he tried to ignore her, but it seemed, at least from his perspective, that she had him all figured out. And he had no clue how.

Sighing to himself Tamu turned and looked back up into the trees once again. "Why the sudden interest in me? Not to be rude or anything, but you don't exactly seem like the helpful type..."

Not that it mattered anyway, he was done here. This leopardess was rude and unwelcoming. Something he would have absolutely no part in. HE would simply be on his way, and leave her to pester the next being that entered her domain. If anyone were to enter.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend to elsewhere. I hate to split but .... well I have to."

Shrugging his shoulders no chalantly, Tamu dipped his head as politely as he could manage for the female and turned his attention in the opposite direction. Not really sure where it was he had claimed to be going. But anywhere was better than here.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items