[PRP] Some times crunchy [Loha x Karpos]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 am
Karpos had by no means been a part of either intertwined pride. The lioness was an outsider by blood but had been accepted all the same. Her exact story went similar to many other new members. She'd been impressed and wanted to be apart of the revival. However, Karpos her self did not have the gift of the sight or even the understanding of the writings on the cave walls. Strength was also something the lioness did not have at her disposal. The only thing the lioness was able to fill was to simply hunt and forage. Even with hunting the lioness was not one to stick out among her ranks. Every little bit counted though. Specially with the prides resurrection.

The slippery rocks the pride resided on made hunting that much more difficult. Karpos knew this and knew it was probably best if she went on with a partner but still the lioness persisted forward alone. Stubbornness and the urge to prove she was worth at least something burned in her chest. Pride and foolishness had slowly eaten at her to push her forward to this exact point.

The rocks were moist and slippery though. Karpos found this out the hard way with one ill placed paw. The female found that greeting rocks with ones jaw was none too pleasant. There, on her side, where she had slipped was where Karpos stayed. Her mouth gushed blood. In the slip the female had bitten hard on to the sides of her mouth. Nothing serious, but the effect of the crimson liquid flowing from her maw made the situation look all that worse. Her eyes stayed shut.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 am
Honestly, Loha wasn't one for prides. They made him uncomfortable. This pride, though, was small and seemed to be full of lions that weren't used to prides. Or came from an older version of this one. Either way, the grumpy male fit quite well here and was good at his job. He was a soldier, basically. He put his weight to good use. He made sure the pride stayed safe. He was a big male, not fat, but big in size. He was pure muscle, too.

Today, however, he wasn't on patrol until tonight. So he was taking his time and relaxing until his shift. A sigh left the brown male as he walked around, getting used to the inner pride rather than just the outskirts. Loha was amazed at how little he knew about the inner pride and it's workings. Jumping up onto a tall rock, Loha dug his claws in to prevent from slipping, since everything in this pride tended to be wet. He'd learned the hard way, knocks to the head, bruises from falling off of something, things like that.

Golden eyes looked down as he heard something sound like it fell. Scanning, he spotted a purple lioness laying on rocks. She wasn't moving. Frowning, he jumped down from that rock and carefully made his way over. Then he saw the blood. Alarmed, he moved over to her faster and nudged her side. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, voice gruff and deep.

Chobi_Chocobo

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am
Saint Sergio

Karpos stayed put for a moment. Her head felt like it was spinning a bit after such a fall. The metallic taste of blood did not have her attention until only now. Alarmed, Karpos's head shot up.

"NO!" She spit blood as she spoke. Karpos was alright even if she believed other wise.

"These rocks! THESE SLIPPERY ROCKS!" She spit even more blood. The content was less than before indicating that what ever caused the bleeding was probably not so serious. Karpos was already riled up though. She wasn't even completely sure who she was talking to.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:11 pm
At the other's screaming, Loha stepped back. Was she crazy? Sighing heavily, he just sat there and let her scream and spit blood all she wanted. Loha was this close to being finished with women. He would live his life alone. This one just proved how crazy they really were. He made a face and sighed before running a paw over his face.

"The rocks have always been slippery," he stated calmly, simply. "Did you hit your head? Do you need to see a healer?" Well, she needed to see a healer regardless. He certainly was sort of worried she was still bleeding internally. Where it came from, he didn't want to find out.

"Come on. We have to get you looked at."

Chobi_Chocobo

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:34 am
Saint Sergio

Shock was still thick with Karpos. She was unsure if she even wanted to get up to go get help. The lioness knew that laying here was not an option if she was injured badly, which she was not. Still, the shock made her believe other wise.

"Can you help me up?" Her eyes were pleading. The lioness was scared.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 am
Looking the lioness over, Loha nodded and carefully moved to help her to her paws. If need be, he'd sling her over his back to take her to the pride healer. " The lioness was spitting blood, but at least she wasn't confused. She seemed to know exactly what had happened. The fact that she asked for help up was a good sign, in his opinion.

Using his head, he helped her to her paws and stayed beside her to steady her if she got wobbly. "What's your name? Your rank?" This was to make absolutely certain there was no confusion with her. Though he couldn't tell her right or wrong, he'd at least get that information out of her so he could go ask Maji. Maji probably knew everyone in the pride, right? He was a high ranking official, therefore it wasn't a far stretch to think that.

Chobi_Chocobo

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 am
Saint Sergio

Getting up was a lot easier than Karpos was ready for. She may have gotten up a little too fast. The important thing was that she was stable thanks to Loha. The lioness stood there with her eyes wide and bewildered on the fact that she was absolutely fine except for the blood still dripping from her maw. Even that seemed to be less than before. A great deal less. She swished the blood around inside her maw and spit.

"I think I must have bitten my cheek on the fall. Uhhh..." She looked from side to side making sure they were the only two there. "I'd actually prefer not to go to a healer. This is a little embarrassing.." The female trailed off a little.

"Names Karpos and my official rank is huntress. I am no one of importance I'm afraid." She spit again. "And you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 am
She didn't want to go to a healer? Surly biting the inside of your cheek so hard it bled was painful. "The healers can help with the pain. You should go anyway, to get a salve or something to put on it so it wouldn't get infected," he was very insistent about that. Shifting, he started walking with her, at least off the rocks. "Well, fine. If you don't want to go to a healer, let's at least get you off the slippery rocks."

Then she said her name and rank and he nodded. Sighing a little more, he looked down to her. "Loha. Sentinel. Hunters and huntresses are important to the pride. They provide food for everyone." Sighing a little more, his tail flicked behind him and looked down at her. She was a pretty lioness, that was for certain, but at the same time, she was being stubborn. Not a completely bad thing, but it was a pain to work with in a situation like this. Honestly, he wanted to half drag her by the scruff of the neck to a healer to get it looked at, even if she didn't get any salve for the pain and prevention of infection.

Chobi_Chocobo

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am
Saint Sergio

Karpos kept her tongue to her cheek. That wasn't a type of humor either, she literally pressed her tongue to her cheek which made it look like she had some sort of ball in her mouth or something. The mention of infection alerted the lioness she looked up at Loha like he'd just said something awful.

"Gee... I didn't think of that," Her face was full of worry. "Suppose I could... would you mind taking me?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 am
"I wouldn't mind, no," he said, starting to walk towards the pride with her. He forgave her for not thinking of it. He wouldn't, in her position. He would be too startled to think straight. So that's why he could forgive her. Sighing, the bulky male just kept the pace slow, glancing down at the female to make sure she wasn't wobbling.

"Let me know if you get lightheaded or dizzy. I'll carry you there, if that's the case," he said after a moment. Besides, this was the most excitement he'd seen in a long time.

Chobi_Chocobo

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:33 am
Saint Sergio

Karpos laughed a bit. The result was a bit of blood splashing from her tongue. The blood was considerably watered down by now at the very least.

"Light headed mmm. I will let you know. I feel fine now though," She was trying to reassure him the best she could. "If you see me wobbling there might be something wrong," As it was. The lioness was not all that wobbly. She walked towards the pride with the male. The thought of bitter medication on her tongue made her a bit unenthusiastic about the whole thing but she knew it would be for the best. Karpos still felt lucky that her injury wasn't something worse. The spirits had looked after her.

((Not sure if you want to continue this or..?))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am
He watched the female carefully, as they drew nearer the pride and then sighed. She looked like she was walking to her death or something, with that look on her face. "I guess we can just get you to the den and then I'll go to the healer myself and get something. You should probably rest and make sure you're alright."

Loha was not without compassion. He could take pity on her. Though the healers meant well, medication to ward off infections often smelled and tasted vile, not to mention they burned because they were killing whatever had gotten in there. The burning on the inside of her cheek would be painful. Not something he'd want to do in public like that.

"What do you think, Karpos?"

Chobi_Chocobo
(( We can take her to the den and do a follow up with him checking on her in another RP? ))

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 am
Saint Sergio
YES PLZ o u o

It was not an unreasonable request. Karpos kept her tongue pressed to her cheek and nodded. That would be alright she was sure of it.

"Hopefully an infection doesn't happen and I have no cheek by the time you come back," It was quite possible that Karpos was not familiar with the ways an infection worked. Old wives tales were the extent to Karposes medical knowledge. There was a very good reason the purple lioness was not a healer or considered ever becoming one.

"Okay." A bit of blood spit, "I'll wait for you in the den area than. Until than~" With that the huntress was carefully making her way up the slippery rocks back to the den area. She was extra careful this time.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 am
Loha was stunned into silence when she said that. Clearly she had no knowledge of infections. While, he supposed, given the right circumstances, they could work that fast.. He happened to know they usually didn't. When she sauntered off, he just shook his head and watched her go. She wasn't wobbling or shaking, so he knew she'd be alright. Now to just go get that salve from the healer as well as get grilled as to why he didn't bring her with him.

Oh, healers. They could be quite the pawful.

Chobi_Chocobo
(( FIN? ))

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash