15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:57 pm
Featuring:

User Image & User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:05 pm
The two had been talking for what seemed to Chusi like hours. This male, was definitely different than the rest, in more ways than one. She was, to say the least, quite surprised by him. By this point, her anxiety about the situation had disappeared. She was now fully comfortable around Pumbaa'Mlinzi, as he had introduced himself. He seemed to know all the right things to calm her, and had even offered to keep her company. He was probably meant to leave long ago, but her quivering voice had talked him into staying. She had to admit, she felt guilty for having done so, but she also had ot admit, she hadn't done it on prupose. Her voice was naturally shaky. Chusi yawned for the millionth time as she sat there talking with Mlinzi, her eyes began to unfocus and she shook her to stay awake.

He had noticed every yawn, she'd taken. Which had been quite a few, as were her droopy eyes, and the inevitable head shake. He was nervous to question her on it, partly because it could be personal, but also partly because he didn't want her to tell him he was boring. He'd heard that once before, and it had truly hurt his feelings. He didn't want to know that feeling again. But she yawned again and again and finally he gave into his annoying curiosity. “I don't mean to pry Chusi, but am I boring you?” He cringed at the words, gritting his teeth in preparation for the blow he felt was coming.

She was far gone now, her eyes were getting harder and harder to stay awake. She knew sleep would take her soon, but she didn't want it to. She would seem rude to fall asleep in front of him, and put herself in serious danger. Jolting from a waking sleep, the lioness jumped at the question quickly. “Huh? Oh no no no. I just … haven't slept much lately that's all.” She tried to avert the full answer to his question, with simply the need to know facts. All he needed to know was why she was yawning and she had provided him with it.

“Oh, I see. Is there a particular reason behind it?” NOW he was prying, but not for his own benefit. If the lioness was having trouble sleeping, he could easily aid her in the process. There were many herbs that would provide a good nights sleep and in a jiffy too.

Wow, she hadn't seen this side of him yet, and to be honest she wasn't liking it. A nosy Mlinzi was not an entertaining one. Irritated by his constant questions she threw one back at him, with a not so happy tone forged in with it. “Why all the questions all of a sudden? I thought we were past this?”

Cringing at the anger in her voice, Mlinzi shook his head eagerly. “I was only trying to help.” He offered as an answer. But even he knew it wasn't much of one. “I'm an apothecary. I make potions, and herbs for the health of my pride I thought perhaps I could be of help. Forgive me for prying.” He sighed, lowering his head in shame, and hoping for her forgiveness.

An a-poth-a-cary? She'd never heard of such a thing before! Did he really make medicine for his pride? Well he had to, why else would he be so interested in her health and well being? Releasing a defeated sigh, Chusi patted his paw lightly before speaking up. “Its alright Mlinzi. The truth is I keep myself from sleeping.” She paused, unsure of how to continue this conversation. “Its no secret that i'm a scaredy cat. So it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine me sleeping alone from night to night.”

“You aren't a scaredy cat my dear. You have anxiety, and by the sound of it quite a bit.” Mlinzi raised his head, mentally calculating things in his head. His paw every so often rising as though he were counting something only he could see. “While I don't in any way condone your sleep prevention habits. I think I can help you. Though you would have to promise me very early on that you would not abuse my assistance." Both seriously and playfully Mlinzi placed a skeptical look in her direction and waited for her answer. “Do you think you could promise me that?”

Though she hadn't a clue what the male meant by abusing his assistance, she nodded fervently. She would take all of the help she could get, but what exactly was he going to do for her? While curious, she wasn't all that sure she really wanted to know. Instead, she would wait until he was willing to share. "“I promise.”

“Good then let's move on. I can help you in many ways Chusi. I can help you to sleep, I can help you to stay awake – in moderation, and I can try to help your anxiety!” Mlinzi boasted of his accomplishments completely proud of himself. “But I will need your assistance, as my usual pair of eyes are away with his lady friend tonight.” Mlinzi laughed, thinking of Mezlijin. While he could definitely use eyes that knew their herbs, he wouldn't wish for Mezlijin to be inconvenienced. “But in order for any of this to happen – you my dear have to pay a price.” A wicked sort of smile grew on his face as he faced back to the female once more.

All of these remedies! Could he really help her alliviate them all? The thought only had her quivering in her paws. Except the sleep part, she didn't want help sleeping. She just wanted help to stay awake. To keep the nightmares at bay. She giggled with a blush at the mention of the lady friend, but stiffened back up at the mention of a price. “A p-price? What would that be?” She asked quickly, her words fumbling out of her mouth in nervousness.

“You!”

He paused a moment allowing the drama to build.

“Must take a nap first.”

“A nap? What good will that do?” She retorted near instantly.

“Your body will need to be energized in order to help me with the tasks ahead, and by your yawns I gather you are not well rested.” Mlinzi picked up on the fear in her voice, and quickly pushed on. “I will of course be here to watch over you while you sleep. If you wish it.”

Well, at least she would have a body guard of sorts. While it wasn't exactly the answer she'd been hoping for, she had no choice but to accept it. “You promise you'll watch over me right?

“But of course! I will be right here when you awake!” He nodded in agreement with himself, stamping his paw in the ground to show his location.

“OK.. I agree to your terms!” She nodded, her body still trembling as she curled herself up to take a rest. So long as she was safe, perhaps a rest would really do her some good...

Word Count: 1188

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers