NekoLaharl
So for those of you who don't know, I'm going to a new school this semester for my final attempt at college. Except this time, I'm going to a town where I don't know anyone, a school where I don't know anyone, and I'm really really scared. I've been down this road before with other schools, but this is the first time I've ever gone somewhere on my own to live in a place where I literally have no family or friends.

How was everyone's first attempt at something like this? Any tips for staying sane, and not getting scared?

Well, I'm younger, but I am starting a new high school in a new town in a couple of weeks, so I suppose it's somewhat similar. Personally I've chosen to stay away from making friends, but I think that you should just try and make lighter friendships. Nothing too serious, not anything you'll regret losing.
I also think you should try to look at the positives. A new school also means no identity you have to stick behind. You don't have to force any behavior you don't want to. While it may be a bit lonely at first, you'll hopefully meet some awesome people.
But my situation is very different from yours, so I'm not sure if my advice is relevant.