Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
New School Blues Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

School Days
  School time is approaching!
  A sick and twisted anime
View Results

NekoLaharl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 am
So for those of you who don't know, I'm going to a new school this semester for my final attempt at college. Except this time, I'm going to a town where I don't know anyone, a school where I don't know anyone, and I'm really really scared. I've been down this road before with other schools, but this is the first time I've ever gone somewhere on my own to live in a place where I literally have no family or friends.

How was everyone's first attempt at something like this? Any tips for staying sane, and not getting scared?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 am
well, i don't know your feeling about living somewhere new for school. but i've been to two college one in my hometown for two years and now i'm in Boston which is like 20-30 minutes away from me. i never really had friends entering college both of my college. i went two years without talking to anyone at the first college. and i'm just finished my 2nd year at my new one... and again i have no friends. but that's because i'm not really sociable.

i think you'll be fine :3 i'm sure once you get settled in you'll make yourself at home and find a lot of new friends.

good luck at your new school! emotion_yatta

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:14 am
I suppose I could say that going into the military is pretty close to that, though the way basic training is set up, you tend to bond with your group pretty fast. Shared hardship increases intimacy, or so they say. But it's like that for a lot of places you go. I got to San Antonio, didn't know anyone. Got to Monterey, didn't know anyone. Got to San Angelo, didn't know anyone. Then I got back to Vegas and I knew a whole bunch of people, but that was just a fluke.

Now I'm in Salt Lake City, and I know...two people in the city. Well, I know a couple more, but I don't really KNOW them, know them. I know one other person in the state. And...that's pretty much it right now.

Being on your own can be lonely. The best thing to do is find things you like to do and then find other people who like to do them. You're likely to meet more people you like being around that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:44 pm
Thats kinda been my life since 04.

Basically take it as the opportunity it is. A fresh start a good way to make new connections new friends/associates.

A way to start anew with none of the old BS keeping you back. Stay positive and if it makes you feel better just research a bunch of stuff about the place your going. See if maybe there are any groups or clubs there you may be keen on joining.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:51 pm
Omg I LOVED it !!!!!!! Got away from all the crazes n mean asses

U get to start ur life new. How u want it n not have ooo u were the cowgirl w a lisp growing up that everyone still made fun of sr high school  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am
Fresh starts are good. Stay positive, don't be afraid to try and get to know new people.

That said, I'm terrible at getting to know new people... and I still live at home and have never been away for more than a fortnight. So I have no real useful advice.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 am
that was how i was at my college. didnt know anyone had no family and no friends there. im bad a making friends as it is. But i found the place where I thought id be most comfortable, anime club, and frequented there. and i found my best friends that i have today because of it heart

So thats my advice find something you like and find other people who do too and c what happens ^^ I think you'll do just fine emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 am
You know, it's odd. After thinking about it for a while, I'm still scared about it. But...I feel like everything's gonna be okay. It's like...an instinct, you know? Thanks guys. I'll do my best to make as many friends as I can! biggrin  

NekoLaharl

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 am
THAT IS THE SPIRIT!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Fresh starts are good. Stay positive, don't be afraid to try and get to know new people.

That said, I'm terrible at getting to know new people... and I still live at home and have never been away for more than a fortnight. So I have no real useful advice.

whats a fortnight?  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:39 pm
NekoLaharl
You know, it's odd. After thinking about it for a while, I'm still scared about it. But...I feel like everything's gonna be okay. It's like...an instinct, you know? Thanks guys. I'll do my best to make as many friends as I can! biggrin

update us!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:11 pm
BlueCowGirl
NekoLaharl

update us!!!!!!

im sure you'll do great ^^ and yes you should update ^_^  

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 pm
Omg i just noticed the poll. you've seen school days?! Ooooooh its rare to find someone else thats watched it lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm
BlueCowGirl

whats a fortnight?

Its the internal darkness inside a castle with no windows.

Also known as "two weeks"  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm
gdapw
BlueCowGirl

whats a fortnight?

Its the internal darkness inside a castle with no windows.

Also known as "two weeks"

Best description ever.

NekoLaharl

Insticts are good! I'm glad you're feeling more optimisitic.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff