Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]
[PRP] So... Where were we? (Svärta, Masuko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:31 pm
User ImageSvärta approached the borders of his home as if he was just returning home from a hunting trip. A large lizard dangled from his maw, and he ignored the scouts at the border. It had been an awfully long hunting trip, however. He had been missing, presumed dead, since the battle with the Pridelanders. Freshly healed scars along his side and faint scars in his face told their own story, and no one had stopped him yet.

He didn't expect to get back in without being questioned at all, but Svärta had never intended to desert, so he kept going. He hadn't been stitched up by some mad doctor leopard, and slowly worked his way here just to ditch his home.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Masuko had been much more active since the battle on the Prideland's borders. She had been forced into being more aware of what was going on, as her father had perished. There was no one to lean on anymore for help; she had to learn how to handle everyone on her own. Which...well, she didn't do that well keeping all the injured, nervous, or just plain irritated hyenas together.

Things were moving together, and Masuko was confident enough in her leadership abilities now to show dominance over everyone.

Her violet eyes narrowed as she noticed a hyena that tickled the edges of her memory, but she hadn't seen him around recently. "A snack?" she said as she approached him, questioning him before he could even start.

Annchen

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am
Safaia

Svärta recognised his alpha and stopped as she approached. Masuko bore no visible scars, but she had lost the awkwardness of adolesence and her eyes were harder than he remembered. There was no doubt that she was the one in charge around here at the moment and he was probably supposed to grovel. For a moment it looked as if the male might challenge the alpha. He looked her straight in the eyes without blinking for a few heartbeats before putting the lizard down and taking a few steps back.

"Not much," he said with the hyena equivalent of a shrug, "I seem to be a bit out of shape."

Not that a lizard always was an easy target, quick little buggers... but it wasn't a lot of food. Still, he needed to be of some use to the pack, and hunting had been his task in the past. Until someone gave him anything better to do he'd hunt.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 am
Masuko didn't really soften to his words, but it was clear that she didn't feel like she had to challenge him as much. He was being honest, and that went far with the alpha. Her violet eyes went between him and his 'meal', but food was always scarce around here.

"It is yours," she said with a wave of her paw. "I assume you were injured in the war. It seems many of the stronger hyenas were injured, lessening our strength. Eat what you can, and regain that strength you lost when healing." Masuko hadn't been injured in the war, but emotionally she had been nearly destroyed. She understood that healing took a while, physical or mental.

"Have you seen many of the others?" she asked carefully. If some had deserted, to hell with them. It wouldn't be worth the effort to chase after them. They deserved death at the paws of a lion if they didn't want the protection of the pack.

Annchen

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 pm
Safaia

"Those I saw at the battlefield," he said, thinking back, "They were already gone, or in the process of getting the hell out of there. I assume they were on their way back. I couldn't quite keep up."

That was a bit of an understatement. Svärta had been as good as dead, but a leopard had picked through the battlefield and patched him up for fun. That was what it had seemed like at least, because he hadn't demanded anything in return.

"Some leopard put me back together using porcupine quills."

He laughed, and it wasn't entirely clear if he was telling the truth or making a joke.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:56 pm
Masuko's ears swiveled forwards and backwards, again and again. She wasn't sure if she was understanding his statement right, but wasn't certain if she wanted to confront that topic. It sounded weird....and altogether something she wanted for herself. If she could get her paws on another healer....they had far too few of them for their warring ways.

"A leopard?" she finally asked, her decision made. "What do you mean by that? Would you care to explain?" She wasn't trying to confront him on this strange topic, but her curiosity got the better of her, and she just had to ask him. The leopard was probably long gone at this point, but if Svarta could remember how he had been patched together with this technique, the few bone healers they had could use the information.

Annchen

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:48 am
Safaia

"Yes," he confirmed, "A leopard and pink jackal found me on the battlefield. The leopard acted as some kind of healer. For some reason he was interested in patching me up."

To Svärta it all felt like a dream. Between his injuries and the strange berries they'd given him his memories were hazy at best. But he couldn't have dreamt the porcupine spines into existence, and they were still there when he came to. In fact, one of them was still stuck in his side. It didn't hinder him much, and bending far enough back to remove it was painful so he had just left it in.

"Look," he said, turning his fresh scars towards his alpha, "He used porcupine spines to hold the wounds together. I was supposed to take them out, but I couldn't reach this one."

It wasn't always the smartest thing to show weakness to another hyena, but Masuko was the alpha. No one questioned her authority and she shouldn't have to put a lowly hunter in place to feel secure in her spot.  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 pm
Masuko's face crumpled in confusion. She...was confused, but it seemed like Svärta was a bit in the same boat, even if it meant he was here, healthy, and growing stronger from the battle. That, she was proud of.

"Interesting," she said, eyeing everything he was gesturing to. It was a fascinating concept, and she was definitely going to share this with the healers. If they could just have some of those spines handy in case of terrible wounds, it might just save one of her pack mates. She was going to keep everyone strong, healthy, and motivated to stay here and defend their lands to the teeth.

"Hmmm," she said, analzying the one spine left in him. This gave her a chance to get a really good look at it, though it seemed like Svärta just wanted it out of him.

"Are you asking me to remove it?" she asked with an amused snort. "I can, if you'd like."

Annchen

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am
Safaia

The hyena stayed very still as his alpha investigated the odd healing device the leopard had pieced him together with. Svärta tensed, but Masuko seemed amused and not annoyed. He hadn't meant to beg the alpha for assistance, but if she was offering?

"I didn't..." he swallowed and started over, "Yes, it would be nice to be rid of it."

"Thank you," he added as an afterthought.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:59 pm
"I need everyone in top shape," she said as she gave it one more look. "Even if that means I have to do some work, so be it." Lead by example. Carefully, she lowered her head close to the object. She could tell that it was sharp, but it needed to go. Gauging as she went, she slowly inched her teeth around the spine, being careful to not twist it too much in Svarta's skin. More pain would be contradictory to what she wanted.

As soon as her teeth clamped down, she pulled it out as swiftly and carefully as she could. There most likely wasn't a way that it was painless, but the alpha only hoped that it was better than leaving it in there.

Spitting the thing out onto the ground, she eyed her hunter. "And?"

Annchen

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 am
Safaia

Svärta clenched his teeth, but didn't make any noise as Masuko removed the last spine. A tiny droplet of blood marked the place, but the tiny wound would soon close. He hoped to be back to hunting with the others in no time. The question was... How many of his old hunting comrades had returned? He fidgeted a bit under Masuko's gaze, not sure what she wanted him to say. Curiosity won, and he asked about the last hyena he'd seen on the battlefield.

"Did Skada get back in one piece?" he asked, "We took down the lioness that did this to me."  
[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games