Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where all the Nintendo 3DS owners can come together. 

Tags: Nintendo 3DS, Friend Codes, N3DS, Nintendo, Mario 

Reply Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)
KH 3D Dream Drop Distance Game Help. (Spoiler Warning)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:56 pm
Warning if this is your first time or you've just got this game and don't want clues to its game play STOP READING NOW! give it a go yourself, and after you've tried every thing possible and you're still stuck, then come here.

If you have any questions or tips on bosses or item's post them here, If you have the strategy guide or using tips from websites, I kindly ask that you quote your references.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm
This isn't a question but a little tip: If you're stuck on some of Riku's later bosses, such as Ansem Form 2 or Xehanort, Exit the battle and equip Balloonga and Dark Firaga, as those two attacks have very good range and ATP. I'm not sure how well Dark Splicer works, as I just got it, but on regular baddies it's a pretty good physical attack. Also, equip at least 2 healing options. (Like Elixir/ Curaga, Curaga/ Curaga, High potion/ Curaga, etc...)

Also, if you still can't beat the boss, or don't like your current keyblade, go back through the worlds and beat the link portals, as they will net you a new stronger keyblade and some good EXP.  

Idyr of the dead

Lonely Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 pm
Idyr of the dead
...Exit the battle and equip Balloonga and Dark Firaga, as those two attacks have very good range and ATP. I'm not sure how well Dark Splicer works, as I just got it....

Dark Splicer worked fairly well against all of the bosses for me since it resisted flinching when attacked, as well as having the teleporting effect which avoided some extra hits as well. To add, Zantetsuken helped out since it was a single powerful attack while having a minor flinch resistance when charging it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm
As you probly know already, my only problem is Julius. I've already got every treasure in every world and have both Sora and Riku at level 59. Lowest I got him to is like 4 or 5 bars.

I haven't re-fought each boss yet, so I'll just take part of the advice the other guy stated and get that over with. sweatdrop  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Heihei Sol

Wheezing Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 am
elemental_ghost
As you probly know already, my only problem is Julius. I've already got every treasure in every world and have both Sora and Riku at level 59. Lowest I got him to is like 4 or 5 bars.

I haven't re-fought each boss yet, so I'll just take part of the advice the other guy stated and get that over with. sweatdrop

For Julius use any of the ballon (mostly the one that is cloated since it follow the enemy) and just have two curaga and a esuna. I haven't beaten him but had his health to two bars and I was just at level 34. Hope this tip helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm
Heihei Sol

For Julius use any of the ballon (mostly the one that is cloated since it follow the enemy) and just have two curaga and a esuna. I haven't beaten him but had his health to two bars and I was just at level 34. Hope this tip helps.

That does sound like it'd work pretty well with the attack pattern I started to use at one point(rush to higher ground, dash out and use firaga burst/magic) as apposed to when I fought him using counter tactics along with sonic dash.

the last run I did, the jerk stopped me in my tracks by disabling all of my moves. emotion_donotwant

edit: Beat him. smile
I used:
Firaga burst
Balloonga
Balloonra(x2)
Curaga(x3)

I also found out that if you survive long enough, your disabled commands do come back. I cut it a little close because my drop gauge almost screwed me so I started to rush him with flowmotion attacks since I took him down to his last bar.

another edit: just beat him with Riku.
used:
Dark Splicer
Firaga
Dark Firaga
Triple Plasma
Curaga(x3)
and a lot of tactics

a little tip, you could stall him to lose it's lightning body, however, he stays in that form if he transforms after you get him to his last bar  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 pm
So far I have beaten the game and all, but how do you make Julius appear? hes the only one I haven't seen in Traverse Town.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 pm
Maxmel
So far I have beaten the game and all, but how do you make Julius appear? hes the only one I haven't seen in Traverse Town.

go to the fountain area. I took district 4 there and he appeared, if that helps.  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm
elemental_ghost
Maxmel

go to the fountain area. I took district 4 there and he appeared, if that helps.

Thanks!
::Upon arriving at destination::

OH GOOD GOD! THIS THING'S A MONSTER!!! what's its Power level?

It's OVER 9000!

NINE THOUSAND!!!?

this is going to be a long fight...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Maxmel

Sora:OH GOOD GOD! THIS THING'S A MONSTER!!! what's its Power level?

Riku: It's OVER 9000!

Sora: NINE THOUSAND!!!?

Riku: this is going to be a long fight...

That's how I read it like. xd
Once you beat it with one, I'm sure you'll have the incentive to beat it with the other. 3nodding  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 pm
elemental_ghost
Maxmel

Sora:OH GOOD GOD! THIS THING'S A MONSTER!!! what's its Power level?

Riku: It's OVER 9000!

Sora: NINE THOUSAND!!!?

Riku: this is going to be a long fight...

That's how I read it like. xd
Once you beat it with one, I'm sure you'll have the incentive to beat it with the other. 3nodding

I just beat Julius with Sora at level 50, took me a few tries, The best method I used was to have Curaga Slots in between projectile slots, (Moves that hit from a distance) and only attacking when Julius Pauses after going buck wild for a bit, but this window of opportunity is SHORT, never attack him head on, it's suicide, I got a few Flow Motion attacks in but don't rely on them, Keep Julius Target Locked at ALL TIMES!. Stick and Move, Dash Dash Dash, If you can predict how he attacks then you can avoid most of his attacks,It takes some serious practice. but the Ultima Weapon Keyblade is worth it!

I have Riku at 49 so I am going to level him up to about 55-65 and see how I do with him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:54 pm
just a note for those that don't already know, there are four specially acquired keyblades for sora and riku, if I correct.
1: gain a gold metal for every world dive
2: beat every secret portal(boss re-fight portal)
3: defeat Julius
4: take first place in ever flick rush cup(yes, you get a weapon and trophy for doing that. rolleyes )

If you need an incentive for doing any of them, hope this helps. also, getting the second weapon on the list could definitely help you get the third. 3nodding
though, getting the third on the list could help with the second as well.... ninja  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Idyr of the dead

Lonely Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 am
elemental_ghost
just a note for those that don't already know, there are four specially acquired keyblades for sora and riku, if I correct.
1: gain a gold metal for every world dive
2: beat every secret portal(boss re-fight portal)
3: defeat Julius
4: take first place in ever flick rush cup(yes, you get a weapon and trophy for doing that. rolleyes )

If you need an incentive for doing any of them, hope this helps. also, getting the second weapon on the list could definitely help you get the third. 3nodding
though, getting the third on the list could help with the second as well.... ninja

1. For diving you get Divewing, a very strong keyblade that closely resembles Way To the Dawn (Riku's default). It's the easiest to get pre-endgame.
2. It's not just the secret portals, it's the specials, too. The secret's net you the most powerful keyblade: Overdrive, while the special's net you the third most powerful: End of Pain. Overdrive resembles Dual Disc, but only slightly. End of Pain is closest to Skull Noise, but not really...
3. Beating Julius nets you the most popular and - generally - difficult to obtain keyblade: Ultima Weapon. It's not quite as powerful as Overdrive and it barely beats End of Pain. It's the most balanced of all of the extra Keyblades.
4. Beating Flick Rush will only give you Sweet Dreams. While it's easier to get than Divewing, it's also worse in every way.... But it does have a cute little Meow Wow on the top!

I've only gotten Divewing, but I'd say that Divewing is what you should at least have against Julius. Anything below it and you'll have a rough time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm
Idyr of the dead

2. It's not just the secret portals, it's the specials, too. The secret's net you the most powerful keyblade: Overdrive, while the special's net you the third most powerful: End of Pain. Overdrive resembles Dual Disc, but only slightly. End of Pain is closest to Skull Noise, but not really...

I've only gotten Divewing, but I'd say that Divewing is what you should at least have against Julius. Anything below it and you'll have a rough time.

looks like I'm going back to each world to take on all of the special portals now.... sweatdrop

I took on Julius with the Counterpoint, so getting the other keyblades earlier would of been more helpful before hand. rolleyes  

elemental_ghost

Wealthy Seeker

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games