Submit

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm
User Image It was baking day again, because if it was anything Tangles always had a surplus of it was fruits and vegetables. They were going to bake cookies and pies and distribute them amongst all of Phonyland. At least, that was the plan.

"Okay, I've got a list here," Tangles said, posting it up on the family cork board with some tacks. "We need someone to pick the veggies and berries, someone to wash and rinse them, someone to boil them for pies, someone to..."

He propped up his wife, Yawn again on her pillow.

"Someone to watch your mother," he went on. "Last but not least, someone to actually deliver all this. We can work in teams or on our own. So... Who wants to do what? You can invite a friend, if you'd like."

User Image "I wanna wash them!" Knots volunteered, holding up her foreleg and bouncing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. While her dad rattled off the options and paused to take care of their mother, even listing her as an option, Mandrake gave Yawn a sidelong glance. She didn't wanna do thaaaat. That was the boring job!

Knots spoke up quickly, raising a hoof. Her eyes went wide for a moment until she realized her sister hadn't claimed the one task that seemed even remotely up her alley and Mandrake Blossom quickly chirped -- though it came out as more of a strangled shriek -- "I wanna pick the stuff!" At least she could tell what would be good or rotten. She didn't feel like she could trust that to anyone else when there was a lot of subtlety to it.  

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 am
"Okay, so Mandrake is picking," Tangles checked off the box with a marker he could work with his mouth. "And Knots is doing the washing," another check. "Good! Now we need someone to peel and boil them in the cook pots."

Knots bumped her sister, shoulder to shoulder. "We can work as a team! Bring me the baskets and I'll dump them in my giant washtub!"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“I-I’ll look after mama…” Lullaby sighed resignedly. It was the job he usually ended up with, so he might as well offer himself up for it before it was just given to him anyway.

Yawn murmured something, slowly lifting her head and giving a sleepy smile. “…d-don’t worry… about me…” She pushed herself upright, kissing Lullaby’s head. "H-have fun and help your sisters."  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 pm
"Okay, Lullaby, if you want to watch the pot and peel the vegetables that need peeling, you've got the job. I'll keep an eye on your mother from here," Tangles looked at the list. "We'll need to make pie crusts and the stack of tins are all ready. We could really use some more volunteers."

He looked at the list of phonies and friends he'd planned to deliver it all to and scratched at his head.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:36 pm
User ImagePoet Lariat had decided to go exploring for inspiration for his next poem. Perhaps he could write one for his dear sister, or one of his aunties! Instead he found a group of green and black phonies apparently creating some sort of meal. The red and blonde colt watched curiously for a moment when a large green stallion announced something about pie crusts and volenteers. Well Father had always said it is good to help.

"Excuse me my fine fellow, perhaps I can lead a helping hoof should I have the skill to accomplish the task," he smiled. Yes he used big words. This is what happens when you read your father's cheezy romance novels. He looked around at the other phoals who happened to be helping and decided this must be a family. Though the mare looked as if she would swoon at any moment.

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Moth-Drops had once again found herself in that peculiar position of having nothing in particular to do. As such, she'd decided to devote her day to lepidoptery, and was currently chasing a magnificent monarch butterfly down the block. Unfortunately for her, the butterfly wasn't particularly eager to be examined by a pegasus, and so it was fitfully fluttering in an effort to escape. Kicking her hooves, she eventually gave up on harassing the insect because a large gathering of phonies down the block seemed equally interesting. She flutter-skipped over, flapping her tiny wings to get a little lift on the larger bounds. She had to learn how to fly eventually, right?

Recognizing two of them, the pegasus filly waved eagerly, calling out to her friends. "Hi, Mandrake! Hi, Lullaby! Whatcha doing?" She was pleased to see that she wasn't the outside observer; a red foal with a blonde mane was watching, equally engrossed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm
“I-I can do that.” Lullaby gave a delighted smile, glad to have an important task. He would prove he could be useful for things other than watching Yawn. The little Phony made a vow that he would not cry today, not once!

He watched curiously as a red fellow he had never seen before stepped forward to volunteer, and he offered a shy smile from the sidelines. And when Moth-Drops fluttered over (oh nice it would be to have wings!), he waved happily. “I-It’s baking day... do you want to help?”

“Sorry I’m late!” A perky voice rang out, Pink Lemonade soon trotting around the corner. A jug of lemonade trailed behind her, held up by magic. “I brought refreshments!”User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 pm
User Image A recently grown phony filly was prancing down the road, curls bouncing up and down with her cheerful step. Her blue eyes, just a shade or two away from purple, gazed from side to side, looking for entertainment. That entertainment proved to be a gathering of phonies some distance away. Including other little phonies like her! She hopped in place, kicking her back legs. Hooray! She hurried as quickly as her little filly feet would take her to the group, giving a cheerful "Hiya everyphony!"

She realized that she in fact knew no one in the group, and gave a big smile. "My name is Candy Dandy! Whatcha doin? Can I help?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 am
"Oh, thank you, everyphony!" Tangles, not hesitating, took out a large rolled up piece of paper with a very large recipe written on it.

"Excellent!" he announced. "Now look here," he unfurled the paper and stuck it next to the cork board. "This is the recipe we need to make pie crusts, one is for vegetable pot pies and one is for fruit pies. Don't get them mixed up or things will taste strange!"

There were stacks of pie tins, flour, graham crackers, sugar, salt, and other spices and seasonings needed to get started.

"There's another recipe for boiling the vegetables and another for the fruit. Lullaby is already peeling and boiling, so someone can team up with him for making the fillings."

Tangles pointed to his wooden delivery cart, on it was some clean table cloth and a map.

"We need to deliver them as quickly as they are made, otherwise we'll run out of room. We need someone to go through Phonyland and deliver them house to house, each house gets one pie and a few pot pies."  

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 am
Candy Dandy faced Tangles, listening carefully. After the jobs were announced, she bounced in her place, raising a hoof and waving it frantically.

"Oh oh! Mr.....Green Phony? Can I help Lullaby with making the pie fillings? I do love to bake!" She must have inherited her mother's love for baking things. All Candy Dandy knew was that watching things rise in the oven, and mixing all of the ingredients together made her little heart happy! Almost as happy as when parades came into town. Her little body twisted as she searched for the one called 'Lullaby'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am
Larry smiled as three fillies approached the group, offering their own assistance. They were all quick the lookers. Though Candy Dandy sounded familiar. It sounded like the name of one of his cousins. But that could be left for later. He looked over the list of things that needed to be done and decided making the crusts might be more up to his speed than dealing with the actually food. "I shall create the crusts! Simple homes for the delicious food to settle and prepare themselves for the enjoyment of all phonies!"

He quickly made himself comfortable at the crust table and looked over the menu to make each kind of crust. He did his best, not having a good mind for cooking but did have quite a bit of creativity. To give more of a personal touch he also glanced at the delivery map. Some of the crusts had little designs in them to indicate which phony would be getting them. He based the design on the name of the each phony. "How is that my good noblephony?"

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

At the shoulder nudge, Mandrake grinned mischievously. She wondered if her sister had some sort of game or fantasy in mind that would make the work a little more fun but, for now, working as a two filly team as the only sisters in the family suited her just fine. The more their dad talked, though, the more Mandrake sank to the ground with a frown.

This was a lot of work! If they couldn't get it done with just the family, what was the point of even doing it? Then an unfamiliar voice came, one that used big works. Mandrake's gaze snapped to the red and cream phony with her deep frown growing more so. Who did he think he was, just barging on over!? When she opened her mouth to retort that they didn't need his help, another voice came and called out to her and her brother -- this one she knew.

"Mothy!" she called back, jumping excitedly to her feet and running over to meet the pegasus, "We're doing veggies and pies and stuff," she started explaining, though lowered her voice to continue, "I dunno, it seems like a lot of work. I've never done this before!" Her brother soon waved and explained a bit better than she, as well as offering assistance, just before another little filly showed up. At least this one seemed to be giving stuff out instead of asking to be included.

Mandrake's patience was wearing thin, however, and when a cute little pink phony named Candy Dandy sauntered up offering assistance, she finally had enough. This was their family thing! It was a new thing to her that she didn't get to do all the time and she didn't want it ruined by other phonies coming in and messing it up. Why couldn't they just leave it alone?! Even her dad seemed excited by it! Why didn't he get that this was just for them?!

Letting out a frustrated wail that came out as more like a whine than a shriek but carried enough that every phony in the area heard it clear as day, Mandrake squealed "WE DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" before plopping defiantly on her rump and scowling at the increasing number of phonies -- except Moth-Drops.  
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sweet Surrender followed his sister into the chaos.

Baking. He had seen his mom bake before. He wasn't any good at it.

Maybe practice would make perfect though? Or maybe he could help with some other task. Feeling defeated before he even started, Surrender leaned on a wall and tried to make himself invisible. Maybe this was a bad idea after all?

No, that was the wrong attitude to have. He had to at very least give it a shot. "Um," he murmured, "I can maybe deliver your pies."  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 am
The excitable young filly was startled by the squeal that another filly made. She stared at the other foal, eyes going from happy and round to confused before settling on slightly embarrassed. Sweet Surrender had come with her; she was hoping that this could be a way that they could meet more phonies. But this other filly didn't seem to want their help. Instead of wandering over to Lullaby, she too sat on her rump near her brother.

"B-but we saw other phonies coming over, and it looked like so much fun..and how come only we aren't allowed to play?" she said, voice indicating hurt. She pointed a hoof at Larry and said "He is helping too and you didn't say anything to him!"

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff