Submit

Labrytte
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to the Ivalice Alliance Fan Guild.

In the IA, we mainly do roleplay, however we also offer a chatterbox, gaming discussion section, tabletop gaming, and contests, events, and mini games. Each one of these features has its own subforum; within which, is a brief intro, a set of rules, and a place to ask questions. (However please read through the F&Q below because your question might just be there!)

Towns ::
Our newest feature. Our guild has 7 different towns, which we've pulled from a few of the different IA games, and each town has a subforum where you can go to roleplay. The towns give you the freedom to own a house, open a shop, or just hang out in the town square or maybe head down to the mines. Gotten tired of the town? No problem, head down to the aero dome or chocobo ranch and zip on over to another town! Crash with your friend while you're visiting, or stay at the Inn. Or maybe you're there to start a little chaos? Burn down a few market stalls maybe? Just watch out for the guards.

General Roleplay ::
Sick of roleplaying in the IA universe but still wanna stick around? No problem, head on over to our general roleplay section and roleplay whatever your little heart desires! Just remember to read through the rules before you start!

Gaming Discussion ::
What good is being surrounded by gamer geeks and nerds if you can't get a little help from them from time to time? Head on over to the Gaming Discussion subforum, ask your question, and have dozens of nerds there to help you! Or maybe you just want to discuss your favorite game or see what other people think about your least favorite game?

Art ::
Finally worked up the courage to share that drawing, eh? Good for you! Take it on over to the Art thread and see what your guild mates think! Or maybe you just wrote a poem and want to touch all of our hearts with your inspiring words, or maybe a song? you sing right? We can't wait to hear it.

Chatterbox ::
Time to take off the roleplaying gloves and post some pictures of kittens. Here you can be complementary OOC (out of character) and just talk about whatever you want! Please remember to read the rules before you start, though!

Contests and Mini Games ::
Finally! Time to win some gold! We try to hold guild wide events at least once a month if we can! But you don't want to wait that long, do you? So start up your own contest or mini game! Yup, go for it! Hope you have the gold to pay the winner! Remember to read the rules!

The Archives ::
Time to catch up, eh? Well you're in luck because we've saved EVERYTHING dating back to when the guild first started in 2007! Happy reading!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm
:: F&Q ::
Please feel free to ask your own questions about anything within the guild and I will answer you as quickly as time permits.

~
Section 1 :: Orders/Tribes

As many of you know we used to have 12 orders, 12 separate sections of the guild that you could join and be apart of, like a smaller family within the big family that is the guild, if you will. Each order had its own subforum to call their own and members of the orders could post there and hang out as much as they wanted. That feature is now unfortunately gone, but the orders are still around. They are now specifically for roleplay purposes and not formally recognized by the guild. (The same goes with Tribes)

Q)Where did the orders go?
A)Nowhere, actually. The subforums, threads, and all that stuff is gone but the orders are still around. They're just for roleplay purposes now, however.

Q)So can I still be in an order?
A)Absolutely! But they are now specifically for roleplay purposes and are not recognized by the guild

Q)What do you mean, "Not recognized by the guild"?
A)The guild is no longer in charge of them. It would be the same way with you wanting to be, for example, a warrior class. You don't have to ask permission, apply, or be apart of any specific subforum, you just say your character is a warrior and that's it. So for example, I could go into the roleplay, say my character is a Viera Sniper Capricorn and that's it. Just grab a banner (if you want) and that's it

Q)I don’t have to apply or ask permission from anyone?
A)Nope. The orders are just there for flavor and role-play purposes

Q)So is there a Judge or Leader of the orders/tribes?
A)No and there probably never will be again. If you need to roleplay with a leader or an order or tribe for any reason, a crew member will act as an NPC for you

Q)So we'll never have order threads or tribe threads ever again?
A)Probably not. However right now we’re just starting out and revamping. In the future if we have a lot of people roleplaying in an order or a lot of people roleplaying as a specific race I MAY give the tribes/orders their own thread to post in as a sort of hub. (how it was way back when)

Q)So I could just be an arc knight just like that?
A)Yup. Just remember not to godmode or powergame when roleplaying and everything will work out fine.

Q)What if there's a lot of specific orders in the roleplay or specific races in the roleplay, can we elect our own leader?
A) If you really want to, but that person will have no real power within the guild at all. Their title would be roleplay specific.

~
Section 2 :: Towns

Towns are the newest feature of the guild. We have 7 different towns in all, and within each town you can roleplay within these towns. Each town has its own subforum and its own unique features

Q)Why isn’t there a tavern or chatterbox in the towns?
A)Towns are there for roleplay, there shouldn’t be any OOC chatter within them. Everything should be RP

Q)But you can roleplay in a Tavern!
A)That's very true! Keep reading and I'll get into this more

Q)Can I live in a town?
A)Yup

Q)How?
A)Just go into the town and make a new thread. Name it something like “Username’s House” or “Welcome to Username’s Manor” or something like that. Make a little intro post to your residence, maybe throw in a few pictures and fluff, then people will be free to roleplay coming to your house to visit, burn it down, or whatever.

Q)So I don’t have to buy it?
A)I never say no to gaia gold smile Just kidding, Of course not! Just make the post! If you want to live in a 5 story mansion go for it! But try to keep it cannon. There wouldn’t be a 5 story mansion in the trees of Euryt. And don’t push it, make sure you have some sort of back story to your vast riches.

Q)Could I have a business too?
A)Absolutely! Just do it the same way you would do a house. If you want to have a tavern, where people can meat and just chill out, go for it! You can sell drinks and food if you want too! Same with weapons or armor shops, sell away!

Q)So I can ear gaia gold roleplaying?
A)I would STRONGLY urge you not trade gaia gold for imaginary swords and drinks. You are free, however, to keep track of your imaginary Gil

Q) Can I live in more than one town
A)No.

Q)What if I have another account in the guild, then can I?
A)Yes, but please remember all mules must be reported to either myself or Ruecian so we can keep track of who's who.

Q)Can I have more than one house in a town?
A)If you want to be a sort of renter and own multiple properties or something that you rent to other people I guess…be creative!

Q)Can my friend live with me
A)Of course! Your friends visiting from other towns can stay at your house too! It's your house, you call the shots.

Q)Can I have more than one business
A)No. Think about it; it just wouldn’t happen.

Q)Do I have to have a residence or business?
A)Nope, you can just visit other places or walk randomly around through the town, I think it would make the towns more fun but do what you want! There are places where people can just go to hang out. For example in some towns there will be a thread called 'town square' where people can just go to hang out.

Q)I still don't want to own a business...but I still want to have a job, what are my options?
A)The town always needs guards! Or you could be a travelling merchant, maybe? Or a Sky Pirate? what are your options, you tell me!

Q)What post type should I make for my house/business
A)Make it a normal post. Announcements will be used for contests and for town intro. Stickies will be used for town landmarks or hotspots for roleplay (like the town fountain, or park as mentioned above) If you forget, I’ll fix it and make it normal for you

Q)Is there a limit on what I can do with my house or business
A)Heavens no! If you want to make a wall-o-text per room go for it! The more descriptive the better! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with

Q)If I live in one town, does that mean I can’t leave / I can only roleplay in that one town?
A)Noooo! You can travel to other towns if you want! Just know that you can only live in one! You’ll have to stay at a friend’s house or an Inn if you travel. And remember to save up for that airship flight or chocobo run you have to use to get there.

~
Section 3 :: Crew Members

Our Crew Members are the moderators of the guild. They are my eyes and ears when I am not available. Listen to them and respect them the same way you would listen to me, or respect anyone else in the guild

Q)Can I be a crew member?
A)Nope :]

Q)Really? D:
A)Really, when I'm hiring on new crew members I'll make an announcement, don't beg it makes you look silly.

Q)How do you select a crew member
A)A few different ways. Our crew members have to be mature, responsible, and unbiast people. And they also have to be experienced roleplayers, and experienced leaders (online and/or offline). And of course, they must be active within the guild, and that’s about it.

Q)Who are the crew members and what do they do?
A)They are basic moderators. We have a few who watch more specifically over parts of certain roleplays, but generally they’re just there to make sure you follow the rules

Q)Why should I listen to them?
A)Because I said so. Disrespect or Disobey a crew member and we’ll be having a chat

Q)Why do you need a crew only thread?
A)Because we like to quote your stupid questions and laugh at you behind your back. No really, sometimes we like to plan things without our other members knowing right away. Such as contests, events, or possible changes to the guild. We also keep track of some private member information there such as a players’ mules within the guild, we also keep track of members that have broken rules, their crime and punishment yada yada. Some things we just need to keep private from the whole guild. It’s nothing personal

~
Section 4 :: Other Roleplays

This is a roleplay guild, meaning: we roleplay. However it's understandable to not want to roleplay the same theme all the time, which is why we give our members the freedom to roleplay whatever they want in the General Roleplay Subforum

Q)General Roleplay…what’s that?
A)Pretty self explanatory. This is where you can roleplay whatever you want. If you want to do a Hogwarts Roleplay there, go for it. Want to roleplay some weird sparkling vampire….if you have to, go for it

Q)So I can roleplay whatever I want?
A)Whatever you want as long as it’s PG-13 or under. You may be 21+ but some of our members could only be 13. Please be mindful of others. Absolutely NO ERP or Mature content

~
Section 5 :: Roleplaying in Towns

Q)So we just roleplay Final Fantasy Themed stuff?
A)Ivalice Alliance more specifically, but yes. Same rules. PG-13 no ERP no mature content

Q)Who can I roleplay?
A)Whoever you want! You can be any cannon IA race, be in any order, be any class. Be whoever and whatever you want

Q)So I can only be certain races
A)Well there’s no Kajiit in IA so yes. We will have a list of playable races later (but I’m sure most of you already know what they are)

Q)What about classes? I can be anything I want?
A)Yup! But keep your back stories straight, clean, and logical. If you don’t know how to roleplay a grandmaster warrior (for example) you probably shouldn’t do it. I personally think it would be more fun to start small and work up through roleplay but that’s just me

Q)Can I roleplay the king?
A)No

Q)Why?
A)You may not play the town mayor or tribe leader. If you NEED to roleplay WITH a mayor or town leader ask a crew members to act as an NPC for you. If you want to start up your own sort of fighting group, then sure you can be the leader of that but know you are not officially recognized as any sort of leader or head of anything by the guild. You’re a basic member just like everyone else.

Q)So I can start a group of thieves and be like the leader of my own thieves guild
A)You will need to clear it with myself of Ruecian OOCly first. Because we’ve had problems in the past with ‘leaders’ not letting people into their ‘guilds’ and we don’t want a repeat of that chaos.

~
Section 6 :: Other/Misc F&Qs

Q)Can I post on the main page
A)I would prefer you didn’t, since there’s a place to post just about everything. You can go ahead and post there but it might get moved. Use common sense when deciding where to put your posts

Q)Can I post anything in Chatterbox?
A)Yup, just follow the rules which are available in the subforum

Q)Even pictures and gifs?
A)Yup. Follow the rules

Q)Can I do my own contest or games
A)Of course! Just post it in the minigames and contest subform. Know that you are responsible for it though. You can’t say the grand prize is 1k then when so-and-so wins you can’t ask the guild for 1k, that has to come from you.

Q)Will the guild do their own contests then?
A)Yup! We won’t do them super duper often but I’m aiming for at least 1 a month

Q)What will the contests be?
A)You’ll have to wait and find out

Q)What’s the difference between game discussion and chatterbox? Do I have to roleplay in game discussion?
A)Nope, they’re both completely OOC subforums. Chatterbox is for random banter, game discussion is for game….discussion.

Q)Can I ask game related questions in the Game Discussion forum.
A)Yup! That’s about 75% of the reason it’s there

Labrytte
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Labrytte
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100