[SRP] Of Jackals [Rena x Bura]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:51 am
Thoughts of moons past still echoed through Renas mind. One day the responsibility of helping the pack would be put upon her shoulders. Rena couldn't help but think maybe she was not ready for this. What if the jackals were to team up with a larger species? There numbers were not as strong as long ago when her mother and aunt apparently were in charge. Her older siblings and even her younger siblings had even dispersed to other areas. She could hardly remember the faces of her older siblings. Only Opka remained from that litter and he wasn't really much to look at. A small jackal was he with a pelt as dark as their mothers. His gray socks favored his mothers brown ones.

Even Opka seemed on the edge about staying some times. Moral was low and Burakku was not the great leader she once was in her daughters eyes. So Rena decided she would have a talk with her. There had to be another means of survival than relying on just them selves. Rena wasn't about to give up and roll over.

Slowly the yellow jackal padded toward her mother. Bura had picked a high rock to sit upon giving her a more ominous appearance. Bura didn't need to be more ominous than she already was.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 am
A dark figure sat upon a tall boulder. Red eyes flicked at the sight of her daughter approaching. Bura was a proud queen who once had almost succeeded in restoring the former glory of her and her sisters pack only to have that escape her paws like sand. Now Bura sat on the broken bits of what was left of her family and followers. She was queen to the ruins of the past.

This hurt her so. They were the beggars again. Even more so then when their numbers had been strong. Now they were just a small group traveling together. Secretly the jackal was afraid that one day her family and followers would grow tired of her rein and soon would disappear leaving her to her lonesome. She'd mothered two litters but only one from each remained. Opka had proven to be mostly useless but Bura had high hopes for Rena.

"My daughter. What brings you to my boulder," She sat like a proud queen. One would never guess that worry followed Bura these days with the pride flickering around her edges. The crisp speech also helped allude one to drawing such a conclusion.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 pm
Rena kept her ears erected up and her tail stayed poised instead of looking submissive. She needed to talk so she was not about to expose her belly and submit. Not this time at least. Rena wasted no time to make her case. She took her stance in front of the bolder and let her eyes train on her mother.

"We need a change," Each word was carefully chosen. Yes, she would confront her mother. No, Rena was not about to be stupid about this. Still. Things needed to be said and out for the three that followed Bura, Rena was the most qualified. At least, this is what Rena believed her self.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm
Buras expression did not even change but inwardly she felt a little ping of fear that this would be the day her daughter decided to leave their cause. A change? That was laughable even if Bura was not laughing outwardly. Calmly she took a deep breath.

"Are you planning on challenging me for alpha? Is this the day you take me down Rena? In the prime of your youth. I can tell you its not going to be easy." She flashed some teeth. They shone brightly in contrast to her dark pelt making Bura seem more like a monster than she really was.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 pm
Rena was actually not surprised that her mother would jump to such a conclusion. She was disappointed despite that fact. The yellow colored jackal shook her head.

"No. I don't want your crown." She used the word crown in an almost mocking tone. Rena took a good look at her mother perched upon the boulder and sighed. Now it was coming to her that this was a lost cause.

"You'd be nothing if you lost me. Junichi would follow and it would only be a matter of time before Opka left you." She trained her eyes upon her mother and stared. "You've feared this a long time. I can tell by you thinking this is a challenge. I am insulted by such a thought."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 pm
"So now you threaten me? I am the one insulted. If you have come for change than state your case." Bura had calmed once more. Her red eyes ever firmly placed upon the blue of Rena. The dark jackal stayed as still as the boulder she'd perched on. Her self calmed but her aura hostile.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm
Rena took a breath. She knew her words needed to be chosen wisely other wise her mother would descend upon her and she would be forced to defend her self. Rena did not want to fight her mother today. She only wanted to make things better for the quote on quote pack.

"We need allies. We need help with the hunts and we will need even more help if one of us is to have puppies," Rena took a deep breath. She was unsure how Bura would take such statement. But Rena was ready for the worst. She braced her self for what ever was to come.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm
Bura sat firm on her boulder and held her head up high while she listened.

Allies? Some how Bura knew that was what the change would be. Allies. And by Allies the dark jackal was sure her daughter did not mean more jackals. More jackals was what the pack needed to be a pack. The jackal merely tilted her head a little.

"I will think on it," Violence would drive Rena away for ever. Killing Rena was not in the cards either. Bura needed a strong jackal female like her daughter on board. Both females were playing it smart.

If this had been Opka there was no question that Bura probably would snap his neck. But not Rena.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:01 pm
Rena had not expected such an answer from her mother. She knew her mother knew what she meant. Bura was not stupid. Harsh, yes, stupid, no. And Rena couldn't help her self but sneak a little grin. A small victory but a victory none the less.

"Thank you mother you are quite kind," The yellow jackal bowed her head and took her leave.

Bura sat upon her boulder like a statue and pondered a way to get her own way. Bura was not interested in joining forces with any other sort of species. They had survived as jackals and Bura rather they die as jackals. The dark female hoped this did not mean she would need to snap Renas neck.

Word Count: 1181  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff