Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ non-existent filly edition ]

"...And he stood exactly forty steps from where she lay as he watched her; he could wait only eight beats before he cried, rather loudly," the soft voice floated in and out of audibility, nervous and halting, rasping at times into a whisper, "but not so loud that he could be heard more than precisely one point three leagues away..." A recollection, perhaps, for she was alone, well-hidden between the roots of the mangrove cluster, against the secretive inner edge; one would have to come a certain way to see her. At first glance she might have appeared a Kimeti foal - but, no, she lacked the scales, and her tail, though held close to her little body, still fanned. She was an Acha filly, so it seemed. And now she shook her head, "...no. Sorry, Mommy, that just doesn't sound very poetic." The guilt in her reed-thin voice was palpable.

Then she paused awhile, head tilted and eyes shut as if in thought - the next sound to issue from her seemed entirely a different Kin: it was not great, not yet, edged too much with insecurity and amateur phrasing, but even in her high, childish, tone, the notes were smooth, where able, flowing, with a lilt and a rhythm that almost beguiled, "She lay in grief, he stood apace: he looked with pain upon her face; time scarce had passed before he cried, with sorrow loud and weeping eye..." It was clear, at least, that with the right development, it could very well become great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:58 am
User Image

Thaw was taking a walk through what he had long considered his "territory". Not that he was a territorial person at all, but he did have a tendency to stay in one place. After all, it was quite hard to move his gardens around.

This morning was particularly beautiful. The sun shone down through the trees and filled the swamp with sunbeams. Thaw liked sunbeams, there were certain plants that would only grow in strong sunlight. They were also wonderful places to nap. He passed the pond filled with waterlilies of his own planting and headed towards the mangroves. The sun hit the mass of roots in splotches. Thaw walked forwards into the grove, when he heard it. The slight, wavering, but pure tone that sang through the air. Intrigued the kimeti followed the sound.

And when he reached the end he found a young acha, an uncommon (though increasingly less so) sight in the swamps. She was settled closely between the roots of the mangrove tree. She was a little thing, such a little thing.

"Ah, what a wonderful voice." He said, settling down into a more comfortable position. "Would you mind continuing? I am so eager to find out what happens next."

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 am
Her eyes slammed open and her throat slammed shut at the first hint of those kindly words. She gaped, mouth still shaped mid-'ai', shocked, still...till finally, she seemed to collapse into herself, drawing all her limbs within, hunched over, looking for all the world as if she were wont to melt into the tangle of roots that backed her. When eventually she realised she had to speak again, her voice was once more a stuttering mess; a squeak, a whisper, a rasp: "M-m-my m-mother said I s-shouldn't speak to s-s-strangers."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:25 am
Thaw let out a good-natured chuckle. The little doe was such a small thing, and so shy too! He could only wonder why she had left her home, presumably in the desert sands, to wander into what he liked to think of as his mangrove grove. It wasn't his per say. The swamp belonged to all kin. But he had been the one to care for these trees. He lived close by in the little corner of the swamp he called home and often came here to nap or relax.

"That is true. But you probably also shouldn't wander out so far from home. Tell me little one, what are you doing out here all alone?"

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 am
"M-my home is not so far, I-I just thought to h-hide a little to s-sing alone - Keep True was busy a-and -" she stammered, a meaningless collection of referents to anyone who did not know what images they conjured in her mind - that ground to a halt as it suddenly struck her that this buck might be a friend of her mother's, to ask such well-meaning questions, that he might tell of what he saw. The thought of being made to reveal her secret in front of her family filled her with such fear, she abandoned her fluttering attempt at answers to wail, "Please don't tell Mama! I could not sing in front of them - Bitten would laugh so! Please don't tell!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 am
Thaw nodded slowly. So the little acha child lived near here. On second glance, she did seem a bit off. The few acha he had met were thin of bone, dainty little things that seemed out of place in the swamp. This one probably had a little kimeti blood in her.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone if you don't want me too. But little one, why could you not sing for your mother? I am sure she would love to hear your pretty voice."

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:45 am
"My voice isn't p-pretty - I c-can't make it pretty, not in front of o-others," she fretted, quiet again, eyes low to the ground and ashamed, "I - I couldn't, it w-wouldn't come out if I t-tried."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 am
"Nonsense!" Thaw exclaimed, shaking his head. "Pure, nonsense! You can do it if only you believe in yourself. And child, with a voice like yours why shouldn't you believe in yourself? I have lived many a year and you are clearly the most talented singer I have yet to meet. So chin-up and no fear little one."

Jun D
aaaaaa sappy thaw is sappy

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:23 pm
"I'm not a -" she started...then the full weight of his declaration dawned upon her, and the misery slowly melted away for childish awe "...r-really? Y-you think so?" A hint of a smile played about her timid lips as the first tender stirrings of a pride hitherto nonexistent began to unfold. She had never been told anything like it before (not that anyone had ever heard her sing before), and while she couldn't have believed it in her wildest dreams, she looked very much as if she hoped she might be persuaded to try.

Minsuil
;A; <3 I love sappy Thaw, he is so sweet, d'awww!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:00 pm
Thaw smiled kindly. He wanted to laugh, but that might scare the poor little thing away. It was a while since the buck had met someone so dense to not realize their own talent. But humbleness was a virtue, and it was a virtue that Thaw liked in little ones.

"Of course I mean it. Do you think I sit around everyday singing praises to everyone? Don't be daft child, you have an wonderful talent, do not belittle it."

Jun D
Sorry for the delay. (Again) OTL

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am
She lowered her head, a pleasurable blush just showing through her pale fur about her cheeks. "Thank you," she whispered. Never before had she been told something so...nice. There was little to compliment her for, a plain, awkward child out of place in her own body, unable to speak without stutter. And such a compliment this was, it warmed her frame entire from her little heart out. Perhaps that was why she felt moved to confide what she had not yet told even her nearest and dearest.

"My n-name is W-wrap You in Stories," she rasped to this complete stranger, peering up at him timidly, "my naming dream was a s-story-song. I can hear it in my h-head, but I c-can't make it come out right, n-not in front of o-others. My voice won't work p-properly."

Minsuil
Aaawww, Min, no worries, I know how busy you are!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:14 pm
"And my name is Thaw, very pleased to meet you Wrap You in Stories." The buck said, smiling kindly.

He was surprised by her admission. Did acha also have naming dreams? Or perhaps it was because Wrap was a half-breed? Thaw was not so sure, he had not met many acha in his years. He still vividly recalled his own naming dream and understood the child's longing.

"You should have faith child, if it was your naming dream, then I am sure it will come to pass one day. But first we must do something about that confidence of yours. If you never preform for anyone, you will not improve that quickly. So how about you finish your story for me, hm?"

Jun D

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 am
"Thaw..." she repeated, peering concentratedly over him, committing the name to the form in her memory - but as soon as he uttered the request, she dropped her task and gasped, "F-f-f-finish the s-s-s-story?!! I - I c-couldn't! I j-just couldn't! N-now that I k-know you're here, it w-won't - I - I - it'll sound horrible!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 pm
"Nonsense! Trust me little one, there is nothing in this world that you cannot achieve if you strive towards it. All you must do is believe in yourself and work hard. Besides," he said, while settling down next to the mangrove root, "there are few things worse in this world than an unfinished story."

Jun D

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 am
"An unfinished story..." she considered - and shuddered. She couldn't quite disagree with that. T-then, w-well, she must. Setting her face rather pathetically with grim determination, she drew herself up to her full (dimunitive) height, scrunched up her eyes, and took a deep breath: "S-she lay in g-grief, he stood ap-pace:he looked with pain upon her face;"

Weakly at first, and laughable, but plowing on in horror of the truncated tale (and, perhaps, the smidgen of desire to show this kind gentlebuck what she could...sorta...kinda...do), her childish voice rose higher:

"Time scarce had passed before he cried,
with sorrow loud and weeping eye...
'The scoundrel took your heart as prize!
There was no love within his touch,
he...didn't care about you much;'"

(Here, Thaw would be forgiven for wincing.)

"'To let him live while I could break
his cruel reign was my mistake.
My part and pain, I must confess,
in the sad making of this mess -
I only meant the best!'
With no reply, with no demand,
she only sighed and made to stand -
and walked into the sands."

Slowly, her eyes opened as her last reverent note faded away. Suddenly acutely aware of what had just transpired, she cringed, squirmed, and stared into the dirt, bright red, "T-there's s-supposed to be a s-s-sequel, where he d-does s-something for her...but Mama hasn't t-told us that bit yet."

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff