[PRP] A Lesson to be Learned

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 am
Bedeinka came down from the outside world and went down the hidden tunnel back to her home Mazunguko. She had been on the surface looking for Warray, the father of her cubs. When she realized she was pregnant many months ago she realized that there would be questions on who the father, especially since she was the aunt of the king. Nahasi and Bukaera knew about Warray, but none of the other members knew about him. She wanted to keep him a secret. More than anything she wanted him to return to her and join the pride. She wanted him to become her mate and live with her, eventually joining the council.

Her luck searching for him became bleak though. She looked at all the normal spots that they spent their time together, but he was never there. It became obvious that he moved on. Even if she knew he wasn't ever coming back for her she couldn't stop herself from wanting to look for him. He was the only lion she had ever opened up for. She knew she didn't deserve love, after the way she manipulated others. Around Warray she was different though, she knew that. He was able to bring out the side she thought died years ago. Around him she was gentle and caring. She didn't care about the political issues of Mazu. All she cared about was being with him.

Now that she had the cubs she knew that she would have to focus on making sure they were well known in the pride. She couldn't afford to be away from them as much. This was the first time she was away from her sons for the first time since they were born. She was proud of them immensely. It was easy for her to imagine what they would be like when they were older. She knew they would make her proud.

She made it to the female's den, where some of the other females were watching her sons. When she came inside she saw one of her sons sleeping. She decided not to wake him. The other two were playing with a feline that wasn't a lion. She stood at the entrance to the den and watched them silently.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 am
Chisulo'Enzi laughed as he dodged an attempted tackle. Everyone he had met so far had been so nice! Admittedly, he had not met many, mostly just the other cubs who lived in the den and the den mothers themselves. But they had all been nice to him! They had even invited Zeruaren and him to play!
His home, he's hear others who came from places far away, was different from most. The word 'underground' was one he heard and he had asked (politely!) what it meant. The mother had smiled at him and told him that it meant under the earth, beneath it. This was all he had ever know before, so he asked if she would tell him what 'above ground' looked like.
What he was most fascinated with about her tales was the Sun! A giant firefly in 'sky' that would go out and then come back on! The 'above ground' sounded like a strange place!

He missed a pounce aimed at his brother just in time to catch sight of a black cat he had never seen before. His mamma told him that not everyone looked like him, but he'd never seen a cat that looked like him before! He was about to run off to talk to him but he saw his mamma watching from just inside the entrance of the den.

"Mamma!" Chisulo squealed in delight and bounded over, a million-watt smile on his face. "I missed you mamma! Welcome back!"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 pm
Zeruaren dodged out of the way when his brother tried to pounce on him. He enjoyed playing these games with his brother. Any game that involved physical strength and speed he enjoyed. His mother told him that he was built like his father. Compared to other cubs in Mazu he was massive and he liked that. His goal was to become a guard and maybe even an elite guard someday. He couldn't imagine any other rank he could be but that. His eyes looked over at his brother. He noticed that his brother was looking at a black cub.

He noticed his brother's attention went to the cave entrance. There stood their mother. He grinned at the sight of her. Like Chisulo'Enzi he hurried and made his way over to her. He stopped and looked up at her. Since she left he had been worried about her. She hardly ever left their side and than she went to the surface for an important assignment. “Momma I missed you!” He said with a smile. This was one of his rare smiles. Zeruaren had a tendency to be more serious than his brother, which was okay for him. He didn't feel like he needed to be happy all the time. For him it was easier to be more serious and be the voice of reason, well except for when they played. Than he could be as silly as he liked.

“How was the surface mom?” He asked curiously. The surface didn't seem as compelling as others might see it. He had no intention of ever going to the surface, unless he needed to. The underground of Mazu was enough for him.

Bedeinka gave her sons a warm smile. She sat down and pulled Chisulo'Enzi closer to her. “Sweet 'Enzi, your mane is all messed up.” She cooed at him. With her tongue she fixed his dark mane. She looked over at her other son, Zeruaren and beamed at both of them. “I am so glad to be back home with my handsome boys. You must tell me everything that has happened since I left.”

She looked at Zeru, “The surface was bright. It took a while for my eyes to adjust. Other than that it was wonderful. I would like to take you boys up there sometime. I think you would very much enjoy it.” As long as they came back to Mazunguko she didn't mind her sons seeing the surface. She knew though that, like her, her sons would be loyal to Mazunguko. They would think about the pride first than their happiness second.

She looked at the dark furred hybrid cub that her sons had noticed. “Why don't we go else where. I have been meaning to show you where you will be staying once you are older. Your cousin Nahasi has offered a den near his for you to stay when you are older. Isn't that exciting? You will be near the king of the pride! Once he has sons you will be able to be closer to them and maybe become friends with them!”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 am
Chisulo giggled in delight as his mom pulled him close and began to fix his fur. "Mamma! We got invited to play by the others! I got to practice my pouncing! I'm getting better! It was so fun!" he smiled at his brother "Right Zeru?"

His attention was stolen completely when Bedeinka talked about her trip to the 'above ground.' But when she said that she might take them there one day Chisulo almost jumped with excitment.

"Really Mamma?! You'll take us there one day?! I'd love to see the 'sky'! Is it REALLY blue? How do they get it that way?" As he asked his questions he snuggled up to Bedeinka. But when she mentioned they were going to be living near Nahasi, he gasped and jumped up excitedly.

"We're going to be living near 'Hasi?!" He had only meet his cousin once, but he REALLY liked Nahasi! He was so nice!

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 am
Zeruaren nodded his head at his brother's remark. “We still need to work on it though. We want to become great warriors and protect Mazu.” He said seriously. He glanced at his brother. Hopefully his brother could become a guard like him, that way they could stick together. If not it wasn't too big of an issue. He would just take some time and check up on his brother now and again. A sigh left his mouth when his mother started talking about the surface. Chisulo'Enzi could get excited over anything really. Zeruaren couldn't understand why the surface was so exciting.

Zeruaren was more excited to learn that they would be staying near Nahasi. He knew that his mother cared deeply for Nahasi and wanted what was best for him. In a lot of ways he looked at Nahasi as a sort of older brother, despite how little time they had spent together. His mother had told him many times about how great Nahasi was. He became a figure to look up to and admire.

“I would like to see our den.” Zeruaren decided.

Bedeinka held Chisulo'Enzi close to her. She adored how close he was to her. “It is so blue! There are cloud that float in the sky. Your father and I used to watch the clouds and make shapes out of them.” She said with a laugh. Around her cubs she was always careful to mention Warray. She wanted more than anything for him to be around to help raise them, but if he wasn't she would be sure to tell them stories about how great he was. “We won't go up there for some time though. I want to make sure you will be safe. I might even arrange for some guard to accompany us. You would like that wouldn't you Zeru?”

She stood up. “Now let me show you to your den. I think you are going to like it.” She curled her tail around Chisulo's tail. “King Nahashi let me help pick it out too! There will be plenty of room for the three of you. You will be able to play around too. When Nahashi has his cubs you can invite his sons over to play with you. I would like it a lot if you got along with his cubs.” When he had them and if he had them, Bedeinka thought. She thought about the den mother's in the pride. None of them seemed fit to be the one who would have Nahasi's cubs. And than there was the matter with Nahasi's consort. Basa-Juan. How much she wish she could get rid of him. Her anger spread to her face, for just a moment. Than she stopped and looked at her sons, giving them a gentle smile. They would never disappoint her like Nahasi did. They were special. Unlike Nahasi they would do anything to make her happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 am
When his Mamma put her tail around his, Chisulo giggled and pressed his face into her side. Mamma was always so warm and soft! He hoped that his coat would be as soft as hers when he grew up! "Mamma, clouds are like the smoke that comes from fire right? I can sometimes see shapes in that! Does that count as what you and Papa did?" Chisulo didn't really know or remember a lot about his father, so anything his Mamma told him was important! When Bedeinka told them that they would have to wait to see the 'above ground' was sad for a moment, but smiled again. "Mamma you're always right! So if you think we should wait, I'm okay with that!" He smiled at Zeru "Don't you think its going to be fun when we go Zeru?!"

When Bedeinka stood, so did Chisulo, but he made sure to keep close! The tunnels were BIG and he didn't want to get lost! He always loved when he got to go out in the tunnels though! He always wanted to see more of their home! AND they were going to see their future den! By NAHASI'S no less!

"Mamma, if you and 'Hasi picked it, I'm SURE its the best ever!" When Bedeinka mentioned Nahasi eventually having cubs, he snuggled closer. "I'm SURE I'll like them if they are 'Hasi's kids! Then I'll have MORE friends to play with!"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:33 am
Zeruaren glanced at his brother as they walked through the tunnels. Nope, the surface sounds boring, he thought. He didn't say thing out loud. He didn't want to disappoint his brother. If Chisolu did go to the surface Zeruaren would be sure to accompany him. Even if there were guards with them, he knew that he would be the best protector of his brother. “Yeah the surface sounds so exciting.” He tried to sound enthusiastic, he even gave a weak smile to his brother. “I bet there is plenty of fun games we can play up there that we can't play down here.”

He walked beside his mother, though not to closely. When she mentioned Nahasi's cubs he couldn't help but be curious. He wondered what they would be like. Hopefully they would like him, he thought. He saw they were approaching some dens. If he remembered correctly this was where the council stayed. He casually peaked into some of the dens to see if there were anyone there. The dens were about half the size of the den for the females and cubs. Each den could easily fit a whole family comfortably. His eyes were huge when he looked at them.

“These dens are huge!” he said out loud. “All six of us will have plenty of room! Nahasi was really nice to let us all live in the den.” He thought that his two sister and mother would be staying with him and his brothers in the den.

“Yes Chisulo, clouds are very much like smoke from fires, except they are pure white. They float far above our heads. Seeing shapes is exactly what your father and I saw. Your father would be so proud of you if he knew how similar you were to him. You have all his gentle and kindness Chisulo and Zeru has his strength. Someday when he comes to see you I bet he will tell you how proud he is of you.” She smiled. If Warray did meet his sons he would feel obligated to stay. He would feel terrible about leaving her with all the cubs. She looked back and gave Chisulo a huge grin. “Thank you for being so patient. I bet the waiting will make going to the surface even more exciting!”

When Zeruaren mentioned the den she started to debate about how to respond. She wanted to make sure her sons knew that she was available for them anytime they needed her, however she knew that she shouldn't be with them in the dens near the royal family. If her father had been king he wouldn't even allow her to roam as freely as she did. That was the one nice thing about Nahasi's ruling. She could go where ever she wanted and no one could say other wise. It aloud her to get her plots going and let her get influence in different areas of the pride. If everything happened the way she wanted to the next king would be influence by her and her sons. Than the pride will be brought back on track.

If her father could see her now he would be so proud. Unlike her despicable brother, she actually tried to please her father. Than of course his son was no better. He actually had feelings for a leopard. The nerve. “Zeru, it will only be the three of you boys who will be staying in the den. I will be staying with your sisters in the female's den. However you and your brother's will be aloud to come visit me when ever you want. And I will be sure to come see you constantly.” Her tail held onto Chisulo tighter. Nahasi will be available sometimes along with a couple members of the council.”

She stopped in front of a den. “Here we are.” She walked inside. It was fairly large, smaller than the council member's den but it was still large especially for three lion cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 am
Chisulo GLOWED when his Mamma compared him to his Papa and said that he would be proud of him. He wanted to be the best his parents wanted him to be! He'll make both of them proud! "Will Papa really come see us one day? I'd love to meet him! You've said such good things Mamma!"

Then Bedeinka praised him for his patience and Zeru agreed with him that the 'above ground' sounded cool! He was pretty sure he WAS glowing with how happy he was.

But that feeling was immediately snuffed out when he hear that Bedeinka and their sisters would not be living with them. He looked up at her with wide eyes that began to tear up. "M-mamma, why can't we stay with you? D-did I do something wrong?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:37 am
Zeruaren was curious about his father. He often imagined what he would be like, but he didn't worry too much about him. His mother was enough for him. Plus he had the brotherhood to be his 'father' if he needed someone. There was always someone around to give advise. If his father came to Mazu that would be great, but if he didn't, well it didn't matter too much. He couldn't help but wonder where his father was though. “Mom, where is father anyways? Did he not like it here or something?”

When his mother mentioned that she wouldn't be staying in the den with them Zeruaren noticed the affect it had on Chisulo'Enki. He glanced back at his mother. It wasn't like her to joke around, so he knew she was telling the truth. He slowed his pace so he could walk next to Chisulo. “Don't worry brother.” He gave his brother a nod.

Zeruaren acted calm, but inside he was worrying. He wondered if they were being punished and if so what they had done. They weren't constantly causing trouble, he was sure of that. Him and his brother were fairly well behaved. He was thankful that at least he would be staying with his brothers. Once they arrived at the den he took a moment to look around.

Bedeinka didn't mean to worry her sons. She sat down and held Chisulo close to her chest. “You aren't in trouble my love. It is just that in the pride females are expected to stay in part of the pride and males in the other. We may have some sway in this pride, Nahasi being your cousin, but there are some rules of the pride that must be obeyed. This is one of them. I am lucky enough to be able to roam free around the pride. Your grandfather, my father, would never allow such behavior though. Unlike King Nahasi, he was very strict, but his ways were more proper.” She explained. She wanted her boys to grow up knowing how the old ways were. She wanted them to have the same ideals that their grandfather had.

“Since Nahasi's father became king this pride has suffered greatly. Mazunguko used to be picky about who is welcomed into the pride, but now members come and goes. No one cares anymore. Soon the pride will be filled with filth and no one will be able to stop it.” She paused for a moment and looked down at her sons and smiled. “But you don't need to worry my sons. I have a plan to keep Mazunguko safe from the filth. I hope that someday you will help me.”

She would need to rely on them in the future. They would be the ones who would help her sway Nahasi's cubs into their beliefs. She still had hope that Nahasi would come around. If she could break him up with Basa-Juan she knew he would come to her for advice. Because of her family ties she was one of Nahasi's most trusted advisors, even if she was a female. “But you two do not need to worry yourselves about that for now. This is the time when you need to be cubs and have as much fun as you can.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:38 am
He listened to his Mamma talk with wide eyes. Did their home really separate the girls and the boys? But, he liked his sisters and his Mamma. The other den mothers and their daughters were nice as well. They also weren't allowed to walk around either? As she continued explaining about her father, 'Hasi and 'Hasi's father, he was getting a bit confused. What bad things had 'Hasi's Papa done? Everyone he'd met so far seemed happy.

"Mamma, what do you mean by 'filth?'" He'd never heard the word before, but the way his Mamma used it made it sound bad.

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 am
Zeruaren listened closely. His grandfather, Zeruaren. Bedeinka had mentioned to him that his name came from his grandfather. Being first born, she gave him her father's name. He was proud to have the name. No one ever talked about him though. Listening to his mother now, it made some sense. His views and his mothers views were different than Nahasi and his father. It was still confusing though. He didn't fully understand why pride members needed to be separated from each other. However his mother wouldn't lie to them. She knew what was best for them and he didn't comment on it.

He glanced at Chisulo who asked their mother about the word 'filth'. Zeruaren looked at his brother and mother awkwardly. This was all new for him too. He didn't want to upset his mother by asking too many questions, but he also didn't mind hearing more about the pride and how it worked. He waited quietly for her to respond.

Bedeinka looked at her sons with a serious expression. She leaned closer to them and spoke in a whisper. “Filth is what is all around you my sons. They are the dirt that clings to the cleanest surfaces. If you are not careful the filth will cling to you, much like how it has attached itself to King Nahasi. For us filth is those creatures that come into our pride and demand equal treatment. They do not belong here. Only our kind does. Do you understand?” She stared at her sons seriously. “Filth is the worst thing you can be. So do not let yourselves get covered in it, because your mother will not always be there to clean you up.” As she said this she brushed off some dirt off of Chisulo'Enzi.

Her face went from serious to gentle in a moment. “But my sons you do not need to worry yourself about the pride's problems. Not yet. Your time will come when the burden is put on your shoulders. Now we should be headed back to the den. Your brother might be up and be wondering where you two went.” She stood up and curled her tail around Chisulo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 am
So filth was like dirt? Chisulo reasoned as his Mamma cleaned him. Did that mean that 'Hasi had some dirt on him as well? Next time he saw him he'll have to check to see if he had any 'filth' on him! Then he could brush it off him like his Mamma did for him! He'd also make sure that he kept his fur nice and clean! He praised himself for figuring it out and smiled at Bedeinka. "Okay Mamma!" He said cheerfully and nuzzled her chest.  

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:41 am
Zeruaren didn't understand it. Nothing his mother said made any sense to him. He knew that there had to be more meaning to what she was saying. At the time he decided not to question it. He would just be grateful to head back and leave this 'filth' behind them. Hopefully there would be some time before they moved to the den. He was sure that even he couldn't handle being away from his mother quite yet. He walked closer to his mother and watched his brother from the corner of his eye. The way his mother talked, how serious she was, he knew that the filth must be os some importance or danger. He hoped that they would be safe from it. He would be sure to keep his family safe from it.  
[IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games