Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary (RPing for EVERYONE!)

Back to Guilds

Sanctuary offers a wide-variety of genres where you can create and maintain your own role-plays! Have fun! 

Tags: chat, role, play, hang-out, everyone 

Reply Magical/Mythical - Mythology - Afterlife RPs
Spellsong - The Saga of The Lendore Isles (UC/ accepting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm
The Setting:

West of Waterdeep and two days sail out into the Sea of Swords an intrepid and determined sailor would happen upon the isloated but close knit group of Islands known as The Lendore Isles. Most have forgotten that this cluster of five islands exists. Protected by substantial rocky reefs and treacherous sandbars The islands are able to survive the most ferocious of winter storms. A small active underwater volcano bubbles away below the surface constantly threatening to erupt but keeping the islands warm so they can sustain life. Theis volcano lies in the center of the Lendore Isles. South of the volcano you have the island of Venash, the smallest of the islands and the closest to the volcano, it's rich volcanic soils and flat profile make it idea for growing crops. To the north of the volcano you have the largest island. Vinterwyllyth, where the capital city, Lendorian is located. The island is hilly and what pats are not covered in winding sprawling streets of the city, are bare rock and sheer cliffs. To the west of the volcano lie Kaussus and Charth, or "the twins" as the local call them. These islands are densely populated and have a mix of sprawling farms and compact towns and villages. The last island and the one closest to the mainland is Aostette, simillar to the Kaussus and Charth with the exception of still having much of it's primordial woodland intact.

The islands up until recent times coexisted peacefully, but now there are problems. Two wizards in Lendorian school of magic had an argument, it resulted in a rift between the two wizards and the wizards concerned forcing the inhabitants of the school to take sides. One of the wizards remained within the school the other left with his followers and set up a rival school on Kaussus. The two schools are rivals and they battle against each other viciously. The school in Lendorian is named Ordo Arcanis, the rival faction is known as the Scarlet Hand . In addition to these rivals are those who have refused to take sides or were born with the ability to weave magic rather than being book learned, these magic users are known as The Grey Wanders, they can be found throughout the islands and try not to get involved with the politics of the rival schools. These wizards are the most respected by the common people of the islands but they are incredibly few in number, there numbers dwindling further with each passing year or conflict.

Obligatory Disclaimer:

This RP is loosely based on the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, associated books and 3.5 edt Dungeons and Dragons. It helps if you are familiar with these books to play this game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 pm
The Rules:

I know there is a fair amount of information here, but please read all of my info posts.

I am in charge of this RP. What I say goes. If you have a rules issue with me let me know, if you have a setting issue let me know.

If you have any questions about the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting or D&D 3.5edt in general, ask me and I will either answer your question or direct you to the appropriate book.

No God Modding. Use your powers reasonably. Keep your characters rank in mind.

Don’t just join, post once, and never again. It's highly infuriating

When you send me your profiles please put Aber Torill in the title so I know it's not spam. Don't be surprised if I ask you add more details to profiles and flesh out your characters. I don't like Mary Sue type characters so don't create them.

No text speak, no leet speak, no ** for actions () for OOC posts and RP in the third person.

This is a Literate RP. Keep that in mind. I know we all get writer's block from time to time but NO REPEAT ONE LINERS!

For some reason people like to make their posts pretty. That's fine with me just don't make the pictures too big, make sure the font size is at least 12 so I can read it and no colours that will rob me of my eyesight.

Please obey the ToS. I don't mind you ramming your toes up to the line but stepping over that line is a no go.  

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm
Locations of Note

Venash
Scattered ruins - Numerous ruins, possibly elven in build, no one is sure and most are too afraid to go and find out.

Vinterwyllyth
Lendorian - Capital City
Ordo Arcanis - Magic School
The Korbals - A series of arches and stacks that lead from the island out to sea, mostly populated by sea birds.

Kaussus
The Scarlet Hand - Magic School
Ruined Shrine to Ilmatar - it's a ruined and apparently disused shrine to Ilmatar the martyred god.

Charth
Tyr's Temple - The largest temple on the islands and home to an order of paladins and an order of Tyrran monks.

Aostette
The Glimmerwood - Primordial Forest
The Frog Moors - Peat bogs and marshlands  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm
People of Note:

Archmage Lorien (m)- Head of Ordo Arcanis
Underwizard Eminseelie (f)- Deputy Head of The Scarlet Hand

Archmage Nachandra (f)- Head of The Scarlet Hand
Underwizard Karathis (m)- Deputy Head of The Scarlet Hand

Silvermoon The Exile (m)- One of the better known Grey Wanders.
Yak The Wanderer (m) - Another well known Grey Wanderer.
Silivara The Silent (f) - One of the few remaining female Grey Wanders, a woman of few words.

Captain Francis Deudermot (m) - Well known Waterdhavian captain who trades between the islands and the mainland

Captain Sascha Moonwood (f) - Local born captain known for carrying cargo and passengers between the islands

Father Culwen - High priest of the Temple of Tyr

With the exception of Silvermoon, these characters are playable. Just let me know you intend to play one when you send in your profile.

Accepted Characters:  

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 am
Schools of Magic

It is not necessary for mages to pick favorite 'schools' or disciplines of magic, however if you do pick a favorite or two you must also pick a banned school of magic for each favorite you have. You will need to write up in your profile why you have these favored and banned schools, it makes your character more interesting. Feel free to drop me a message about what spells are in what schools, or find a PDF of the 3.5 edt D&D PHB. This post applies to Wizards only.

Okay so here are the magical schools or disciplines if you prefer.

Abjuration
Conjuration
Divination
Enchantment
Evocation
Illusion
Necromancy
Transmutation

For the most part wizards and clerics are learned academics, your character should have an area or two where they would be considered experts in that field, for example alchemy, local folklore, the history of the islands. Be creative.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 pm
Profile Skeleton

This is what you fill in and send to me.

[b]User Name:[/b] Username Goes Here
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[b]
[b]Race[/b] must be a D&D 3.5 or Forgotten Realms core character, eg. Ghostwise Halfling, Moon Elf, Hill Gnome, Shied Dwarf....if you are stuck, pm me. If you want an unusual race PM me to plead your case.
[b]Age:[/b] Be sensible!!!! If you are a human archmage you are not going to be 18.
[b]Character Class[/b]: Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, so on and so forth
[b]Character Appearance[/b]: I want either a long detailed description, or a picture... not anime pictures and not photographs.
[b]Character History[/b]: I'm looking for a good three or so paragraphs about your character's past and how they ended up in The Lendore Isles
[b]Things you can't be without[/b]: What things does your character have to take with them all the time. Is it a dried four leaf clover, or perhaps a flamboyant purple hat with a large pink feather? You tell me.

[b]Anything Else?[/b] Anything else we should know about your character?

[i]Wizard Only:[/i]
[b]Alliegence:[/b] Sorcerers are automatically Grey Wanderers
[b]Favoured Schools[/b]
[b]Banned Schools[/b]
[b]Rank[/b]: This applies to wizards of the schools only.

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100