Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 am
User Image

Zimran's paws carried her over the lush, fertile lands of the Pridelands with ease. She was meeting Persikka, a friendly lion that she had been growing attached to over the time the two had been spending together. A smile spread over her face as she began humming to herself. It was a lullaby she had hummed for Airion back when her little boy was still a cub. Oh how she missed her family so dearly, but tending to other cubs at least filled the void in her gut to a point. Her domain though hindered her from just choosing another mate and filling it entirely. No, if she had cubs again, it would be with true love, not some one-night stand and definitely not based on some assumption of feelings for one another. She had to know that he was the one before she gave herself up again to a male.

Regardless of her current marital status, the goddess was pleased that she was making friends, specifically a sort of best friend and she would meet him again today. This time they were planning to try possibly storytelling. It would be interesting to see if Persikka was any good at weaving tales, but even if not, that would mark one more thing off of their list of possibly ranks for the bright male to fall into and truly become one of the pride.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 am
User Image

Persikka had been up for a time, lying out on a rock and watching as the morning slowly progressed towards midday. Today he was to once again meet Zimran, and just as she had promised before she was going to help him see if any of the other possible ranks could be a match for him. This time it was storytelling, and the peach male was unsure how well he would do at it. Before now he had never needed to tell a story to anyone really. Sure he might tell his family about his day, but that was quite different. or, at least he thought it was. Persikka really was not sure what being a teller of stories involved, nor really how to do it.

A low sigh escaped his maw. He would at least give it a try, even if the male was unsure how it would work out. If nothing else he failed, but got to spend the day with the lovely Zimran, a lioness he was growing quite fond of. He had met few so far that he would consider real friends, and Zirman was definitely one of them. Excitement and nervousness welled up inside of his as he took a quick look around, eager to catch sight of the pale lioness.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 am
Her already large smile grew ever brighter as her blue eyes finally caught sight of a familiar form. "Ah, Persikka!" Zimran called out and her simple steps became bounding leaps and she hurried to him. "I hope you have something nice to tell today. Maybe this'll be the rank for you, then you'd only have to work on getting up to that rank." Of course some ranks were higher then others and storyteller was one of them. It had a pre-requisite of being a nanny already, but that was nothing too hard. If anything else, Zimran could just help him through that rank to get to the one he was truly good at. The goddess laid herself down on a rock so that she faced the opposite as Persikka, so the two were looking at one another. "Alright then. Lets here it!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 am
Persikka turned, grinning broadly at the sight of the female calling his name. “Zimran! I was starting to worry you might not show.” He said in jest, chuckling lightly. “I hope I do too. I’ve never really told stories before, so this will be new.” Silently he waited as the lioness situated herself on a rock opposite him, his grin having changes to something of a nervous smile.

“Alright then, let’s see what i can come up with.” Persikka cleared his throat and shifted his weight, before finally settling into a more comfortable position. He stared thoughtfully ahead, unsure how to start. As much as he loved that Zimran was here to help it also made him quite nervous. The fact that he might make a fool of himself right infront of her was not a comforting prospect. However she was here to help, and Persikka would have felt just as foolish if he merely sat there quietly.

“Like I said, this is my first time attempting a story. i don’t know how well I will do, so go easy on me.” Persikka said, another nervous smile on his face. Once more he cleared his throat, before forcing himself to start, before he talked himself out of it.

“This is a story about,” He paused in thought for a moment, before continuing on. “A lion. It’s a story about a big lion. This lion was travelling to a distant place. A place of golden grass as far as the eye could see.” Another pause followed as he looked towards Zimran for a reaction, wondering how he was doing thus far.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 am
"Of course I'd show." Zimran replied quickly after her joking accusation that she would stand the male up. "Pft, you'll do fine. Just tell something from within. The words will flow, you just have to let them." She wiggled as she laid upon the cool rock and under the shade of the trees above them as she listened intently as Persikka finally began to tell his tale. So far the start seemed fine. It set up the scene and already portrayed who the story would be about. She gave the male a quick nod of approval in case he was looking for some kind of approval to continue on with his tale.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:32 am
The nod made him a bit more confident, so the male continued on. “Now this lion,” He continued, gaze shifting down to his paws as he tried his best to pull more of the story from his mind. This wasn’t as easy as he had hoped, but at least he seemed to be doing okay so far, even if he had said very little. “This lion did not know where this distant land of golden grasses was exactly. The only clue he had was a feeling. A feeling inside that told him he was going the right way.”

Persikka exhaled slowly, drawing it out to give him time to think. “However there were others that did not want him to get to this place. A group of..birds.” Birds? Persikka had said the first thing that came to mind, and it seemed quite silly. “These birds did not want him finding something in this land of golden grass. So they followed him. Flying around and constantly yelling at this lion in a harsh, bird language.” Bird language..nice one. “They cried non-stop, swooping around and down at this lion. They were trying to keep him away. To make him too tired to search. If he couldn’t sleep, maybe he would give up.”

Persikka paused, looking once again at Zimran. “How is it so far?” He asked. Though he felt like he might have been getting into the swing of it, he was still unsure how well this story was even playing out.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 am
"It's not...bad?" Zimran tried not to criticize it too much considering this seemed like it was likely one of his first times telling a story. "Well, maybe explain why the birds are trying to keep him from that place? Is there a golden egg within these golden grass fields that this flock is sworn to protect and they thing the lion is going after it?" She smiled at him though a little awkwardly, seemingly somewhat forced.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm
Persikka mused silently on what Zimran just said, before nodding slowly. “That sounds really good. I wish I had thought of that.” He smiled back at Zimran. “Thank you. I will keep that in mind.” The peach male shifted, pulling himself up a bit straighter. “Maybe I can get the hang of this storytelling thing after all.” The smile widened to a grin. That didn’t seem so bad. Sure, there was room for improvement, but maybe he could work on that then.

“Thank you.” Persikka told her. “May not have been the best story, I’m sure, but thank you for encouraging me to at least try it.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 pm
"Of course!" She replied quickly with a bright, wide smile already on her face as she did so. "My ears are always open to listen to more of your tales if you need someone to hear them before you actually tell anyone them. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Give it some time." Zimran glanced through the leaves above her, checking the position of the sun. The lioness suddenly gasped and rose to her feet. "Ah, I'm sorry Persikka, I need to go. I'm late for cub-sitting already." She leaned forward and without much thinking gave the male a lick on the cheek before quickly making her way down the rocks and into the grasslands.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Persikka nodded. “Of course! I didn’t mean to hold you up.” A quick lick on his cheek from the female caught him by surprise, and he was lost for words. The male simply lay there, stunned into silence. Finally he snapped out of it, pulling himself quickly to his feet. “I will see you later!”

Silence fell back over Persikka as he was then alone, however his thoughts were quite a bit happier than they had been a short time earlier. He sat down, staring off towards Pride Rock, a smile on his face.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces