Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[FIN] Well, Hello Again (Divy & Hashiel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:35 pm
User Image

Sometimes Hashiel just needed to get out of his mother's den. There were five of them in there, and as he and his siblings got older, it just felt more and more crowded. Not because they were getting bigger, though that was part of it, but because four mostly-grown kids and a parent were a tight fit socially.

He even needed time away from Shulinav, though the twins had been nearly inseperable as cubs and even juveniles. But as an adolescent Hashiel just needed his space.

And maybe a change of people. The adolescent kept an eye out for Divy. The younger leopon was always a cheerful face and had a way of lifting his cares away while he was with her. It wasn't really anything she did, just who she was. A dear friend that Hashiel valued highly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:22 pm
User Image

Divy was on her way from her first apprentice session with one of the scouts, heading for a cool spot in the den area to sprawl and cool off. Perhaps up on Beo's hill. There was shade there, and a breeze generally was possible up there. She truthfully was feeling a bit worn down. Being a scout was very physical, and though she was no slouch, even her energy had its limits. She wasn't completely exhausted, but she most definitely needed a break. She amended the thought to add a drink in too.

So it was that she was crouched at the edge of a stream, getting a good deep drink, when Hashiel wandered into sight. She hurriedly slurped up the last of her drink and stood up quickly, unintentionally and undaintily slinging water from her chin in his direction. "Hash!" she called, reaching a paw to stem the dribble from her chinfur. "What are you up to?" She proceeded to quickly groom the damp from her face, then her paw. Ladylike she might not always be, but clean was always best.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 pm
The older leopon waited indulgently as Divy cleaned herself up. It seemed unnecessary to him, but it seemed to make her happy. Not to mention it was easier to just wait instead of asking her why and prolonging the entire thing until the sun had slipped from the sky.

"Not much Divy," he replied with a smile. "Just needed to get out. Too many sibs, and too many cubs!" As an apprentice nanny, he got more than his fair share of cubs to deal with every day. For some reason, the kids preferred him to the adults that were actually in charge. Go figure.

"What about you? Looks like you've been busy!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:54 pm
Her shoulders sagged just slightly, just enough to indicate weariness. "Oh yes, very busy. Want to come with me to Beo's hill?" She rose to her paws, beginning to head that way already. It was uphill, granted, but the breeze would totally be worth it. "I can tell you while we walk." With any luck, it would be free of cubs this afternoon too, though one could never quite tell for sure until you arrived. "I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out to be a Scout," she added ruefully. "It seems a lot harder than I thought it would be."

It wasn't even that she wasn't built for the work. With her father's large frame and her mother's compact, muscled build, she was a coiled powerhouse, when she wanted to be. But she was now having second thoughts. Oh, it was certain to be exciting, and surely would be liberating to wander about the edges of the pride.... but whew, it was a lot of work!

Talencia

Blessed Friend

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm
"Sure!" Hashiel agreed. The hill wasn't much of a rise, all things considered, but it did catch the best breeze around. He nodded sympathetically as Divy discussed how being a Scout was a lot of hard work.

"From what I've heard, there's no job in this pride that isn't difficult," the older leopon offered. My mom says that's a good thing though, because it means we don't have idlers hanging around, eating food and producing nothing." He still wasn't sure why Saskiranel was so dead-set against the so-called idlers, but he had learned that his mother did tend to know what she was talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:17 pm
She nodded her head as she walked beside him, conceding his point. "Yes, I suppose so. That isn't exactly what I meant, I guess." She was quiet for a bit, mulling on what she had meant to say, but had not communicated properly. "It isn't really that it's hard. It's... the wrong kind of hard." She slanted him a hesitant look. "Does that make sense?" She wasn't sure it did in her mind either.

She padded along quietly, still trying to work out why it was she was thinking that scouting wasn't for her. "There are specific reasons that it is turning out to be so hard for me, individually," she began again, speaking slowly as she thought out what she was going to say. "For one, it is very solitary. I don't like feeling like I'm so far from home, from my family and friends." She gave him a sideways smile then, which was almost shy, then dropped her eyes to the path again self-consciously. Oh yes, friends were missed, but one more-so than others. She tried to cover her awkward moment by hurrying on. "And I don't feel safe out there. I have to stay alert all the time, wary of danger and all the things I want to....," she trailed off, then mumbled the last part reluctantly. "I want to run away from."

Talencia

Blessed Friend

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm
The male nodded again, understanding what Divy was having trouble putting into words. Scout training was difficult for her because it was something she'd discovered she wasn't suited for, either temperamentally, physically or both.

"So what are you thinking about switching to, that will keep you surrounded by people and not on-guard all the time?" he asked, trying to divert her from her melancholy. "Because I can tell you right now, Nannies have to pay just as much attention as any Scout," the older leopon confided with a wink.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm
The younger hybrid gave her friend a grateful look for not teasing her about being afraid. Hashi was always good like that, even if at other times he was a bit dense. He never was malicious or unkind, regardless. She managed a chortle at his quip, and settled into the shade of a tall bush that grew near the edge of the bluff at the top of the hill. "I don't mind the watching part," she explained further. "It's the watching for every little movement, and figuring out if it is friend, foe, or stranger." Not to mention how empty it all seemed, in comparison to the dens in the heart of the pride's territory.

"I think," she said more slowly, sending a side-long gaze his way, "that I would like to be a Nanny instead." She flushed and hurried to lay out her reasons before he could notice that she most definitely had a crush. She didn't want him thinking this was why she wanted to be a nanny, after all. It wasn't. "Then I could be of use, chasing cubs and playing games, and speaking to the mothers every day, and being close to those I love." Again the flush, but her eyes were turned away this time. "If danger came that deep into the pride, I'd give my life to save the babies, but at least I wouldn't have to face the danger alone." An odd shudder of her pelt revealed that the solitary nature of a scout might just be at the heart of why she didn't like it.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:46 pm
Hashiel smiled as he watched his friend relax with his little joke. Good. He didn't like to see Divy upset or sad. And it was so little a thing, to make a joke at his own expense and bring a smile to her face.

He didn't expect her to actually be interested in his chosen career. Instead of responding right away, he considered it. Divy was a fun person to be around. He saw a lot more of her true feelings than others, but she was quite capable of hiding everything behind a smile when she wanted. And she cared. A lot. That was always a good thing for a Nanny.

"I think that any parent in the pride would be happy to have you watching over their cubs," he concluded aloud.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 pm
Divy beamed at him, naturally leaning closer to him, basking in his presence. She realized with a start that she was leaning in a lot closer than she'd thought, and that they were nearly touching. Oh dear, this could not do! Whether she enjoyed it or not, she had to keep him off-balance and unaware of her confusing feelings. So rather than let herself melt against him as she wanted to, she leaned in closer... and quick as a flash, nipped his ear and leapt up to run away, laughing. It was always easier to revert to cubbish ploys and child-like behavior with him. He laughed easily, liked to rough-house, and was reasonably easy to distract from dangerously revealing topics.

"Gotta go! Time to eat something and then a bath!" she called back towards him, laughing over her shoulder at his expression. "I'll see you tomorrow!" Yup, that was definitely safe enough. If nothing else, it gave her a little more time to mull over her feelings and try to make heads or tails of them! "Bye Hashi!" With that, she disappeared down the hillside and off into the hunting grounds. A bite of hare, a good bath, and then a much deserved night's sleep. Ugh, then she'd have to start it all over again! Ah well, soon enough she could change who she apprenticed to. And perhaps get to spend more time with Hashi.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm
The moment was growing heated as Divy leaned closer to him. Why was she doing that? It's not like they were cub and juvenile again...they were nearly grown!

Then she changed over to a fun-loving youth once more and Hashiel had to smile as she ran off. "Bye Divy!" he called after her. He must've just been imaging things before. The younger leopon was carefree and lighter than air in all ways. No way could things ever get serious with her.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games