Welcome to Gaia! ::

Game of Thrones

Back to Guilds

When playing the Game of Thrones, you Win or you Die... 

Tags: Game Of Thrones, A Song Of Ice And Fire, Fantasy 

Reply Old Valyria and New
Game of Thrones guide(a recap of seasons 1 and 2)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ariadelle
Vice Captain

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:32 pm
The next two posts will be an overview of the 2 seasons that have already aired. As this guild is going to stick closer to the series than the books, I feel that it should be said as to what has happened rather than have everyone not know the actions of the world.

The 3rd post(from this one) will contain some helpful sources, which can always come as a help with such a vast world as the Game of Thrones universe has provided us with.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 pm
Season 1 spans a period of several months on a world where the seasons last for years at a time. The action begins in the unified Seven Kingdoms of Westeros as the long summer ends and winter draws near. Lord Eddard Stark is asked by his old friend, King Robert Baratheon, to serve as the King's Hand following the death of the previous incumbent, Eddard's mentor Jon Arryn. Eddard is reluctant, but receives intelligence suggesting that Jon was murdered. Eddard accepts Robert's offer, planning to use his position and authority to investigate the alleged murder.
Meanwhile, on the eastern continent of Essos, the exiled children of House Targaryen, which Robert destroyed to claim the throne, are plotting to return to Westeros and unseat the 'usurper'. To this end, Viserys Targaryen arranges the marriage of his sister Daenerys to Khal Drogo, the leader of 40,000 Dothraki warriors, in return for the use of his warriors in invading Westeros. For her part, Daenerys just wants to find a safe refuge far away from King Robert's assassins and her brother's scheming ambition.

Finally, on the northern-most border of the Seven Kingdoms the sworn brothers of the Night's Watch guard the Wall, a 300-mile-long colossal fortification of ice which has stood for thousands of years. The Watch defends the Wall against the depredations of the lawless wildlings who live beyond, but rumour speaks of a new threat arising in the lands of perpetual winter.

Here is an Episode Guide, for a full breakdown episode to episode.

For a visual guide breakdown of season 1, I also offer this. It shows 4 of the major family trees, as well as who made it out alive and what they were up to.  

The Ariadelle
Vice Captain

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Ariadelle
Vice Captain

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:36 pm
Season 2 spans several months on a world where the seasons last for years at a time. The Seven Kingdoms are at war, with the King in the North, Robb Stark, fighting to win independence for his people and those of the Riverlands. Robb decides that he must win the allegiance of the fiercely independent ironborn to his cause, and sends his best friend Theon Greyjoy to treat with his father, who is hatching plans of his own. Meanwhile, Joffrey Baratheon holds the Iron Throne with the backing of the powerful House Lannister, but his uncle Renly has also claimed the throne with the support of House Tyrell, whose armies are much larger. As they struggle for the throne, Tyrion Lannister arrives in King's Landing to take matters in hand, only to face opposition from his scheming sister, Cersei, now the Queen Regent.
However, there is another faction entering the picture. Stannis Baratheon, Robert's younger brother and Renly's older, has also claimed the Iron Throne. A proven battle commander and veteran of several wars, Stannis is known to be utterly without mercy to his enemies and will do what is right even if it destroys him. Advising him is Melisandre, an enigmatic priestess from the east, who believes Stannis is meant for a greater destiny, and Ser Davos Seaworth, an honest and honorable man uneasy with the shifts in power at Stannis' court.

Far to the east, Daenerys Targaryen has hatched the only three dragons in the world. Eventually they will grow into terrifying monsters capable of destroying cities at her command, but for now they are still hatchlings and vulnerable. With her khalasar gone, Daenerys and her small band of followers must find a way across a forbidding wasteland and find new allies to support her claim to the Iron Throne.

In the distant north, the Night's Watch has mounted an expedition beyond the Wall, searching for missing rangers and investigating rumours of wildlings gathering in the mountains. For Jon Snow this will be a rite of passage as he is asked to make difficult choices, for the realm and for himself.

As I also posted with the season 1 guide, here is a link to the season 2 episode guide. It may help you with further questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 pm
As far as links go, for 99% of your questions, these 2 sites will help you find what you are looking for(as long as you know what it is)

First, I will recommend the Game of Thrones Wiki. As it sticks closer the show for most cases than the books, though also offers some knowledge from them for harder to find facts.

Though if you are looking beyond that...thinking of a tricky OC that you aren't sure where to go? Trying to find a family hold only mentioned in passing from the show? Trying to wage war and not sure where to pick first? Try A Wiki of Ice and Fire! They have more links, more knowledge than you would guess. Really.

If all else fails, and both of those sites, the overviews, and the picture reference are no good, ask a Crew/VC/Captain. I offer my services first, as I'm online multiple times daily. Just pitch me a PM question and I'll help out. ^_^  

The Ariadelle
Vice Captain

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Old Valyria and New

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers