Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Any questions?
  Ask away!
View Results

Zephynoir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:44 am
Hello everyone, and welcome to Pollvolution's weekly contest! This week, we'll be doing a themed dress-up of our avatars. Doesn't that sound just delightful? My name is Zephynoir, and I'll be your host this week while we explore the brighter side of avatar creation during...Sun Week!

This week's theme will have you trying to paint your avatar in the colors of light, and to express the warmth and beauty of that big ball of fire keeping us alive. You can choose to express this in any way that you want, all I ask is that you give me a little explanation of your avatar, if you would.

The winner of this contest will receive 5,000 Gold, straight from the pockets of somebody that isn't them!

...Oh? did you want me to explain further?

Well, here's how it will go!

First, I will give you the theme, like I did above. Then, you will have until the designated date, which you will find below, to dress up your avatar and post with a small description and a picture of the avatar from your own host. I will use my secret techniques along with the members of my secret judging cult to decide on who is the winner of the prize this week!

So, that's it! Follow the rules, have fun, and remember- Stay classy!

<----|----|----|---->

Competition Rules
1. Do not post in this thread unless it is about the contest.
2. You must have a hosted picture and description of your avatar.
3. Descriptions can be as long or short as you like. Longer description does not get you more points.
4. This will be a rating system for judging. It will be out of 5. The least you can earn is .5/5 and the most you can earn is 5/5
5. No cloning. If I catch you copying a previous themed avatar, you will be disqualified and make me sad.
6. chain of command is important. Our crew, down the line of ranks, and then your host, are in charge of this.
7.If you have a problem with something happening, come to me about it.
8. I don't want to see any bickering, insults, or excessive compliments in the thread. I think you are all skilled avi makers. I do not need to remind you of that every five seconds.
9. Have a good time. This contest is for the fun, man.
10. I just like good, even numbers.

The deadline will be: Sunday, June 10th, 2012

Entries so far:
Kittywitch
User Image
The Sun Queen
Picture, if you would, the Louis XIV was female, and that his cake-eating Austrian wife was made king of France. It's almost enough to make one understand a heliophobe's adversarial relationship with the sun.

pineapple07
User Image
Sun Sprite
Whenever you feel the warm rays of the sun on your face that is the Sun Sprite's beautiful smile. She brings the warmth and joy of Spring to you after facing the bitter cold of winter. Flowers burst in to bloom as she floats past, and the grass becomes greener.

x3LOKIx3
User Image
Crazy Sunny-type of Love
Have you ever been told that getting too much sun was bad? Well, think that's kinda true. Too much love for the sun can drive a person mad. Get lost in the desert for a couple days, and then you'll understand... x_x

Toontastic

User Image
Sunny Valley
All is average in the wild. Rainbows over waterfalls, breezy breezes, and the sun shining brighter than any other star in the galaxy due to placement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am
So...we have until sunday to make a sun theme avatar? Does your secret judging cult ever change?  

non-king 3mo

Zephynoir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am
It does change, yes.

And yes, you have until sunday to make these avatars. Then, come to me all dressed up, and with a picture of the avi in your post =)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 pm
User Image
The Sun Queen
Picture, if you would, the Louis XIV was female, and that his cake-eating Austrian wife was made king of France. It's almost enough to make one understand a heliophobe's adversarial relationship with the sun.  

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 pm
User Image
Sun Sprite
Whenever you feel the warm rays of the sun on your face that is the Sun Sprite's beautiful smile. She brings the warmth and joy of Spring to you after facing the bitter cold of winter. Flowers burst in to bloom as she floats past, and the grass becomes greener.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:54 pm
User Image
Crazy Sunny-type of Love
Have you ever been told that getting too much sun was bad? Well, think that's kinda true. Too much love for the sun can drive a person mad. Get lost in the desert for a couple days, and then you'll understand... x_x  

x3LOKIx3

4,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Window Shopper 100

x3LOKIx3

4,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm
Zephynoir
When are we able to change our avi's again? XP  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 pm
If I have your avi in the first post, you can change at will.  

Zephynoir

Zephynoir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 am
This contest will close at Midnight, 12:00PM, 2400 hours, PST.

That is 14 hours after this post is made.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 pm
I've got time then!

I'll see if I can drum up something sunny. : D

I made..... Sunny Valley!
User Image

All is average in the wild. Rainbows over waterfalls, breezy breezes, and the sun shining brighter than any other star in the galaxy due to placement.  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

Zephynoir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 pm
Toon, please either put up a hosted picture of your avi or, since you're crew, just edit my first post with your avi in it ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm
Zephynoir
Toon, please either put up a hosted picture of your avi or, since you're crew, just edit my first post with your avi in it ^_^

Woops. D:

Added a picture. I'll try to get my entry edited in so the thread doesn't need stickied again.  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

Zephynoir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 pm
Thanks Bonnie ;D  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:26 am
So, I bet you're all wondering who won this little contest, aren't you? Well, my judging commitee and I, who shall remain anonymous, and who are definitel not just me and whoever was passing by at the local starbucks at the time, have reached our conclusion!

Kittywitch
User Image
The Sun Queen

Big and bright, a lot like the sun. Your description makes me think of them as extravagant, maybe a few other things as well. I like this entry a lot, and the use of the word heliophobe in your description, because words are cool.
4/5

pineapple07
User Image
Sun Sprite

I adore the concept here, and I like that you combined the idea of the sun with the things the sun brings us, and turned it into a brand new character. But, when I look at your avi, I more just see spring. You seem to have been on a Spring theme here, and close to a Sun theme.
3.3/5
x3LOKIx3
User Image
Crazy Sunny-type of Love

I do understand the idea behind this, very well. Creative, and a fun idea. It's good to see someone got creative and didn't just go for the "I am the Sun" route of things. I enjoyed this entry a good bit.
3.6/5

Toontastic

User Image
Sunny Valley

Again, it just comes off like you were going for more of a nature, plants, and Spring theme here. While I understand the connection to the Sun, and while this avatar is rather pretty, it just feels...out of place. This was very creative, but the Sun doesn't feel like the focus.
2.9/5

The winner is....Kittywitch!

I will send a trade with your prize shortly =)

Thank you everyone for participating! Join us next week, when we really get creative!

Zephynoir

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm
Are you going to be doing another one of these? Perhaps with a lunar theme?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff