Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Peachy Exploration I (Ramani and Persikka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ameh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 am
User ImageThe Pridelands was vast, being home to many creatures of different kinds and tales. Of course, it was not as expansive as a day's journey in any direction for a lion, but the plains stretched wide over the lands nonetheless. Surely the royal denizens would know the layout, and surely many a member would have walked through most of the paths. But there was nothing unexplored, according to the pale tan lion taking a daily stroll through the lush grasses. His deep brown mane waved gently to the wind, sky blue eyes catching the faint glimmer of water nearby reflecting.

"An oasis! Precious life-sustaining treasure right around the corner," he voiced, ears flickering attentively at the sight before him.

Of course, he had been near this watering hole before, and knew it was just that. Part of his delight in exploring places he had been to before was that there were always new things, small changes in the wind that made a subtle difference. It empowered his desire to search through the Pridelands that have been his home for quite a while now. Even though his paws may have stepped through every inch of the dirt, this lion was still feeling quite adventurous and explorative in his home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 am
User Image

During the short time Persikka had been in the Pridelands he had failed to actually explore the area. He had seen Pride Rock, and the areas around, but little more than that really. The pride’s territory was a vast area, certainly bigger than his old home had been, and he was curious as to what was within its borders. So with no immediate duties to see to he set out to see the land he was now going to be calling home.

It was nice out that day, though warm a cool breeze cooled the air. Persikka inhaled deeply as he walked, taking in the land’s terrain as he moved leisurely through the grass. There was no rush for the day, nothing to do but simply enjoy it.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Ameh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 am
It was simply a matter of time before the inevitable change came. The tan lion had let himself sit on his haunches in front of the pool of water, drawing from its shining surface like he always did when he passed by this particular clearing. He wondered why there weren't many others around, if at all, these magical places. He supposed the Pridelands were a bit too big for every single place with water to be crowded.

And there it was: there, looming out from beyond the grasses, was a bright presence... It was the form of an older, larger lion than he. He smiled; he most often saw others in golden, browns, and oranges. Not many were as pale and light as his tan, but this one surely would win a competition of light pelts. He laughed, pointing his head towards the stranger and taking a paw out to wave at the other.

"Hey there!" he called, "Just what I'd been looking for!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:02 am
Persikka not not surprised to find a lack of any other structures like Pride Rock, he doubted if any even existed other than that one. However there was a lot of grass, as well as some trees and rocks dotting the lands. It was an impressive place in size and members of the pride, though the lands had a welcome simplicity to them. It was quite nice, and he was even enjoying a bit of solitude. The lands around Pride Rock always seemed teeming with activity, and while he enjoyed being around so many others it was always nice to get away from it all every now and then. To go somewhere quiet to just be.

However his solitude was soon to end as a voice called out towards him. Another male sat ahead, and Persikka was surprised he had not noticed him sooner, though a moment later he realized he had been so caught up in taking in the terrain, and in his own thoughts, that a rhino could have been barreling towards him and he likely would not have noticed.

“Hello there!” He called back, quickening his pace slightly to lessen the distance between them. “And what exactly is it you found?”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Ameh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:22 am
"Hello, I am Ramani," he introduced himself as he found himself appreciating the quickened stride the bigger lion was taking just to get closer to talk.

"Company, of course!" Ramani answered, flicking his tail behind as he smiled, "The day brings great company, especially in new faces to discover. I don't believe I've seen you before. We have not met yet?"

Strangers were always a great sight to Ramani. Though he was the loyal sort - especially towards his family - he indulged in a stranger's tale too easily, often intrigued by the different occurrences that went on out in the unexplored world. He had traveled through many lands to get to the Pridelands from his original home, but he was aware there were will other places that yielded a wealth of interesting information and stories, too.

"Come," he offered as his head signaled to the water beside him, "This is one of the better refreshment spots, in my opinion."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 pm
“It is nice to meet you, Ramani.” He nodded his head towards the lion, pace slowing as he neared the water. “I am Persikka.”

Persikka came to stop by the water’s edge, quirking a brow curiously at the other male. “You have come to a strange place seeking company then, Ramani. I don’t imagine this place gets a lot of it.” He glanced around as he said that. He had seen a few other lions here and there as he walked away from Pride Rock, but slowly the lions thinned until there seemed to be none around. It was not surprising that the larger concentration of the pride’s population centered around Pride Rock, thus leaving some of the more outlying spots seemingly deserted.

“Well if it’s company you have been seeking then I am happy to oblige. “ Persikka sat at the water’s edge. He had come out here to explore, and have a bit of quiet time to himself, however he saw no harm in taking a break from his solitude to keep company with a fellow lion. Persikka crouched and took a long drink from the water. It was cool and certainly just the thing after a long walk. He sat back up after having sated his thirst and glanced around before settling his gaze on Ramani. “So what is it you are doing out here all alone?”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Ameh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 am
Ramani's eyes lit up as he was greeted and joined by Persikka. What a unique name; its sound was something he hadn't heard of before, and yet, it would have been acceptable as a given birth name in the Jini-msemi. He tilted his head at the older lion's comment, a little confused at it but still grateful that Persikka remained in his company. He politely waited until Persikka finished drinking to respond.

"Ah, well, I wasn't seeking it in particular, but when one stumbles upon another... There's just more discoveries, right?" he said encouragingly, "And ah, I'm usually alone. I have a couple of family members here, but we mostly delve into our own things in the Pridelands. Lately, or, well, ever since we've moved to these lands, I've been finding it quite amazing exploring these grasses. It's still a little different to me, so it's fun regardless of company!"

He chuckled, leaning back on his haunches and grinned with rising enthusiasm. Perhaps he could do something about it this time, though; if he had the chance to, perhaps company was never all that bad. He would admit, though, that he would endure solo adventures just because it was at times more convenient and self-satisfying... not to mention he was simply happy with the thrill of an adventure moreso than whoever was around him.

"You wouldn't care to go on some small exploration, now, would you?" he asked.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 am
“I suppose so. More eyes means a better chance to catch interesting sights.” Perikka said thoughtfully, having never really thought of it before. “Where is it you came here from?” He asked curiously. “I haven’t been here long myself. None of my family has come with me, though I do not mind being away from them.” Persikka thought of his family, wondering silently how they were. One day he would go back to see them perhaps. He could share stories of his life with any new young there was. His attention turned from thoughts of his family as he looked curiously at the other male.

“Exploring?” Persikka chuckled. “Why not. i was already out here doing so, but perhaps, as you said, it will be better with another’s company.” The peach lion found himself not minding the end to his quiet solitude. Perhaps with this other male he would be less likely to notice any new sights, things he had not seen, as well as perhaps not get lost so easily. Persikka knew he was not the best at navigating his way through an area. He had asked many a bird on his way to the Pridelands if he was even on the right track.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:04 am
"That, and the individuals are a discovery in themselves!" Ramani said enthusiastically to Persikka.

When Persikka brought up that question, however, Ramani opened a mouth but hesitated to say something. It was... a sort of touchy subject for him. Not that he was not proud of where he and his family came from, but the circumstances revolving it were less than pleasant. It never really came up, the subject of where he came from and why he now resides in the Pridelands. Most here just were happy enough to say hello and run around before departing without asking something much deeper than that.

Ramani had to take a little longer than a moment to consider how he would address that.

"Where I come from is... quite a story, actually. How about..." Ramani considered, "How about we walk and I'll explain it? The breeze that comes by will help me gather my thoughts. I did hear another Pridelander saying there was a rather odd tree that was home to some crazy monkey near this watering hole... I've been rather excited to try and find it!"

He chuckled lightly, rearing on his paws to go; Ramani stepped forwards and started walking with a bit of mirth in his gait, ready to explore with this new friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:33 am
Persikka nodded slowly. “Yes, I do suppose so!” His voice was gaining some enthusiasm as well, as if it was something contagious.

The long pause made Persikka think he had brought up something unpleasant. Bad memories perhaps? He was almost ready to apologize for having even asked the question when Ramani spoke. “A good breeze is surprisingly quite helpful for one’s thoughts, for something that tends to scatter things.”

A laugh escaped the lion. The other male was so enthusiastic about this he couldn’t help but join in. “A crazy monkey you say? That does sound quite interesting!” He followed after Ramani, keeping pace with the other male. Persikka had certainly not expected to be out here exploring with such an interesting character as this Ramani was, but the unexpected was not always a bad thing.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces