Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 am
User Image

The light colored lioness had woken up later then she had originally planned to. Now her tariness had put her in a frantic state to head to the grounds she was growing familiar with. The high rocks that overlooked the clearing; safe place for families to watch over their young. A lioness had requested her to stand in for her while she went off in one of the hunting groups and much to Zimran’s dismay: she was late. Oh how she hoped the lioness had not already dropped the cubs off thinking the goddess was already there. Zimran’s legs carried her quickly through the grass she headed down from Pride Rock towards the distant bundle of trees.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 am
User Image

Ankara sat beside one of the trees, watching her little ones play. She could barely believe how fast they seemed to be growing up, and soon they wouldn’t even need anyone to keep watch on them. They would be getting older and eventually finding their own paths within the pride, or perhaps even outside. The thought of her children leaving her wasn’t quite one she wanted to think of, for she knew she would miss them terribly. Ankara looked up at the sky. Her hunting party would be setting out soon.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 am
A smile grew over her face as she neared what she could see as a body of lions, mostly lioness. Blue eyes instantly traveled to look over the little ones. None of the cubs she was supposed to look after were there that day. Phew! What kind of luck Zimran had that day. The disguised goddess' pace slowed as now she in little hurry to a pleasant jog as she finally came up to the others. Nodding her head in greeting, she took her place on one of the flat-topped rocks that overlooked the current little ones. As she had approached, she had seen a familiar sight. A...brown lioness. Possibly the same one she saw when that cinnamon colored cub bumped into her? Maybe...but she had never gotten the small thing's name, so the most she could do was try and be friendly. "Hello~ I'm Zimran."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:06 am
Ankara turned her head as she heard another approaching. It was a pale lioness, vaguely familiar though she wasn’t sure from where. “Hello there.” Ankara replied, smiling as the other lioness. “It’s nice to meet you, Zimran. I am Ankara.” She looked back down at the cubs, eyes shifting from one to the other to make sure they were still all there before looking back at Zimran. “I don’t believe I have seen you around much. Are any of these yours?” She asked as she nodded towards the cubs.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 pm
At least she hadn’t just turned away from the seemingly over-friendly lioness. Now, after she looked back on how their conversation had started, she had seemed a little...awkward. Strange even. Zimran shook her head in quick reply to Ankara’s question. “No, none of them are mine.” She of course was still hoping to have another litter of her own at some point. After everything with Griffith though, it would hard to find another male to make her feel that way again. “What about you? Are any of these cubs yours?” She asked, blue eyes keeping an eye on the surrounding areas in case the mother of the cubs she was supposed to cubsit showed in the middle of the conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 am
Ankara shifted her gaze, hoping her question had not upset the female. It didn’t quite appear to have done so though, so she smiled back and nodded. “Yes. I have eight little ones down there. They seem to grow so fast though, soon they won’t be so little.” She chuckled, though there was little behind it. It seemed slightly forced, though Ankara didn’t like the idea of dwelling on the future, one that might not even end with any of her children leaving the pride. Ankara glanced past Zirman, keeping an eye out herself for her hunting party. They weren’t leaving just yet, to she still had some time to kill.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 am
“Eight? Wow, I’m not sure how you manage to keep them all in line then.” It was pretty impressive. Even she had never had that many children at once! Four sure and two of them were identical boys but with Griffith around it hadn’t been too hard. Zimran was definitely impressed by the brown lioness beside her. “Hm..” She mumbled to herself looked over the lionesses already present around them. “It seems the huntress I was to cubsit for might not show today. Perhaps something came up.” Though that wasn’t exactly a bad thing as she always looked forward to seeing more cubs, being able to possibly have a day off was also appealing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 am
Ankara couldn’t help but laugh at the response. “It hasn’t been the easiest, but we have managed so far. They are all healthy and safe, so I must be doing something right, hmm?” The dark female smiled as she looked back towards all the playing cubs, her eyes once more moving to each one to make sure they were all present. She was sure the other mothers, as well as nannies, wouldn’t just let a cub wander off if they saw it, but of course that was if they saw them. Sometimes cubs could be very sneaky little things though. Luckily she counted all eight though. “Kanelin!” She called out, standing up as she did. “Don’t sit on the other cubs!” A little cinnamon coloured boy rolled off another cub before bounding away to continue playing.

Ankara shook her head slowly, a smile forming on her maw. She turned back to Zimran once that situation was settled. “Well I hope if something did it wasn’t serious. Though if it wasn't it would be a shame to think you came up here and wasted your time waiting for a huntress who didn't show or mention to you she wasn't bringing her little ones.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:04 pm
Her ears perked forward, eyes scanning the crowd of young bodies for the one that reacted to Ankara's sudden shouting. It was a cub that she had already met. So her assumption of the two being related had been correct after all and she had a name for the cub as well. Zimran turned her attention back to Ankara and nodded. "It's really no bother if she doesn't show. I don't mind helping other mothers while I'm here anyways. I should at least go check for her and make sure that she's not in some kind of trouble with her young ones at least. There seem to be enough bodies to keep their eyes on the cubs here." She flashed a smile to Ankara as she rose to her paws to leave, "It was pleasure meeting you. I'm sure we'll see eachother around here again." With that said, the goddess turned the made her way down the rocks that lioness' laid on and back into the center of the Pridelands.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm
Ankara nodded. “That sounds like a good idea. I do hope this lioness you were waiting for is fine.” A group of other lionesses caught her attention. Her hunting party was ready to go out, and she noticed one of this looking over towards her. “Ahh, yes.” She hurriedly replied to Zimran. “I;m sure we will, and it was a pleasure meeting you as well.” Ankara watched for a moment as Zimran walked down the rocks before she herself left the rocks, after one last look towards her children, to join the hunting group that was waiting for her.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces