Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:36 am
User Image

Today had been a much better day then the goddess had originally thought it was going to be. Her enthusiasm in tending to the young of the pride had finally been noticed and Zimran was now a nanny within the Pridelands. A smile was firmly displayed on her face as she moved through the grass while her eyes scanned the horizon for any sort of danger that would threaten the children that were already out and playing even though it only early morning. So far there had been nothing truly noteworthy happening. As usual, the early morning hunts were underway and Zimran was glad to be relieved on that duty. She had never been useful during hunts anyways because of her reluctance or rather flat out opposition to killing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 am
User Image

Slowly Persikka dragged himself back towards the dens, returning early from a morning hunt. Once more he had made a fool of himself, though at least this time they had managed to take down the prey. It wasn’t a totally wasted hunt then, but he had been kindly asked to return. It didn’t bother Persikka to come back that much, no feelings hurt. It was more that he hated feeling so useless. Mkali had told him he would find his place in the pride bit Persikka was starting to doubt those words. The day had not started out very well, and the peach lion wondered if it would get better.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:44 am
Originally Zimran had planned to head towards a frequented area that lionesses went to watch over their cubs as they played to check and if anyone possibly needed help. With so many large litters coming in frequently it was no surprise that many mothers and even fathers needed aid keeping tabs on them all. Those plans had changed though when her blue eyes saw a familiar body coming back towards Pride Rock. "Persikka!" She called out, jogging towards the large male.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 am
Ideas on what to do slowly drifted through his mind. While he could find another hunting party to go out with he doubted he would be any more help than he was in the last. Maybe he could just find a rock to lay on and soak up some sun for a bit. Not the most exciting idea, but it at least kept him out of everyone else’s way. However a familiar and welcome voice suddenly called out his name. Persikka stopped and turned to see Zimran coming his way. Perhaps this day would get better. “Hello there, Zimran!” He called back, smiling. “How are you on this fine day?” His mood had brightened considerably, and his previously darkened mood over another failed hunt had disappeared.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:56 am
“It’s so good to see you again. You seem to be adjusting well enough to pride life.” It had taken her long enough to get used to it herself so it wasn’t too surprising that Zimran was slightly impressed by the male’s ability to adapt so quickly to the change. “I’m doing just fine, I was just heading out to a popular area for cubs and lionesses.” Her ears fell back as she looked her friend over a few times. “You seemed like of sad before we started talking. Is there something wrong? No one’s being mean at all, right?” Bullies, while rare it seemed in the Pridelands, did happen. Even for adults.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:05 am
“It is good to see you as well. I am adjusting for the most part, though being in such a large pride will still take some getting used to.” Persikka chuckled softly. “Well I am glad to hear you are doing well. Would you mind if I joined you? I have nothing better to do any more.” Another chuckle escaped his maw at her next questions, though this one carried a hint of embarrassment. “Simply trying to find where I fit in.” He paused, wondering if anyone had mentioned to Zimran his failed hunt attempts. if no one had so far then it was likely she would hear of it eventually, so he saw no reason not to tell her. “I haven’t done so well with hunting so far. My first hunt ended with me on the ground and our prey escaping. The rest have not been much better.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:13 am
"But of course you can join me!" Zimran replied joyfully. Company was always nice. With so many cubs and so little nannies to aid parents, the more help she could find, the better off they would be. The goddess blinked, a bit confused on how someone could truly fail at hunting, but he reminded her a bit of herself. She did not fit in with the hunters due to her own nature. Perhaps he was the same as she. She pondered his failures for several seconds before finally responding to him. "Maybe you could see if you're any good at any of the other ranks. There are a few and I'm sure one of them is bound to fit you."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:28 am
“Great!” Persikka exclaimed, glad to at least have something to do with his time, and the fact that he was spending that time with Zimran only made it better. He hadn’t done too much cub watching before, but how hard could it really be? “It is certainly worth a try.” He replied, wondering what else he could try. Hunting was certainly off the list, though he would have to look into this later. “I am sure I will be able to find something I can do. Later though, for now I can help you with these cubs. Who knows, maybe I’ll be good at it.” Persikka chuckled. It seemed easy enough, watching some little lions play and sleep, or whatever little ones did.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 am
"Well come on then. I'm sure some of the mothers are expecting me to be there any moment now." Zimran explained as she flashed the peach-colored male a smile. She was probably about two games of tag late at that point and it was only going to get longer the more time she took talking to Persikka. It wasn't that she didn't want to, it was just that she had places to be. She was definitely glad he was coming along this time and that she would be able to spend time with him. "It's not too far. If you're not suited to nanny work, I'll help you find something you're good at." With that the goddess turned and headed off towards a cluster of a trees with flat-top rocks beneath them that overlooked a small clearing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:39 am
“Of course. I didn’t mean to keep you from your work.” Persikka returned the smile. He didn’t know if watching cubs was for him or not, but just spending some time with her, at least for a day was at least worth giving the tak a shot. Who knew though, maybe he would be good at it. If not then he’d simply try something else. “Well thank you then. I’m sure with your help I will find something I am good at.” Then Zimran turned and Persikka followed, his thoughts once more on what one even did as a nanny, though he would find out soon enough.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces