Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 pm
User Image

Charon let out a great breath.

His life had always been complicated when it came to family. So complicated, in fact, that he didn't think it could get any worse. Ha. He should have known that things could always get worse. It was sad, too, to think of it that way. It should have been a good thing; to have more family around him. But the hate and the bitterness and the grudges lingered having festered for years.

And now he was stuck in the middle of an old argument, not wanting to take a side and hoping that somehow it could all be fixed. Except that it was an empty wish. It all seemed utterly hopeless and he knew - when all of this was said and done - that he'd be left to pick up the pieces.

He wanted to cry and his eyes burned as he dipped his head to drink from the stream.

And for the millionth time he wished his family could be normal.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 pm
User Image

Imarika's quiet life had been turned upside down by the arrival of a great big litter of siblings- not that it really should have. It was just strange, her mother having cubs by an outsider and seeing so many little ones around, and trying to help with them all. The bright red seemed somewhat out of place, red wasn't so common around here, but that little one only had a bit of it.

After helping to babysit them while her mother was busy, she had managed to sneak away for some time to herself. The waterhole was too busy, she wasn't terribly eager to go off in that direction so instead she headed for the river. She had no particular goal in mind except a drink until she spotted a familiar figure in the distance. Immediately perking up, she picked up the pace.

"Charon!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:25 pm
He almost jumped out of his skin at his name being called, turning, wide-eyed, to look behind him. A moment later - when he realised that it was Imarika - the surprise transformed into a smile and he turned to greet her, a gentle purr rumbling from his throat.

He hadn't seemed her in forever - or it seemed like it anyway. He wondered what she had been up to and whether it had been more fun than his time.

"Imarika! You almost scared the life out of me. I didn't hear you coming. How have you been? I'm sorry I've not been by recently. Things have gotten a bit...well...turned upside down as of late."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am
It had been too long since she'd seen Charon but she knew they were both fairly busy with very different things, and both of them had very busy families.. even if Charon's was just him and his mother last she had heard.

"It's good to see you," she said with a purr, ignoring his immediate ramble long enough to get that and a smile out, "I've been keeping very busy, upside down sounds right- what's going on?"

Rika was still smiling, Charon was jumpy but it was hard to take from that if what had turned his life upside down was good or bad now. Besides, she was too happy to see him to stop smiling just yet.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm
It seemed that she had been kept busy, too. With family things, perhaps? His tail twitched as he considered that, scolding himself for getting so wrapped up in his own problems and blinding himself to those of others. He took a step towards her and sat, giving a long sigh. "Too much is going on, 'Rika." He replied after a moment.

He thought of Nissa and decided to plough on, straight to the heart of the matter. "I found out that my mother had a litter before she came to these lands. A long time before, I think. She'd never mentioned them. Probably never would have. Except one of the lionesses from that litter has turned up here and gained membership."

He glanced away. "I have a half-sister....I have lots more, too, out in rogue lands somewhere. But...Mother isn't happy about her being here and now I'm stuck in the middle of some old feud that neither of them are willing to give up. I don't know what to do. I wish they'd just get along but the moment I mention it to either of them, they get so angry." They were too alike...that was their problem. Both stubborn and fiery and had hearts that held grudges.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 am
She waited patiently, deciding that pressing him to answer wouldn't get them anywhere any faster. It was obviously a big deal to him and she nodded along as he said too much was going on and pausing before explaining.

"Oh!" she squeaked in surprise when he mentioned his half-siblings, genuinely surprised by the information but certainly not in a bad way. She was all too familiar with how families could be very complicated. Her own family was crazy sometimes, the recent addition of her half-siblings highlighted it more personally, but it was always true.

She frowned when he looked away and explained the downside.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Charon," she said, privately thinking he was far too mild-tempered to be caught between angry lionesses and guessing that was a big part of the problem he was having, "I wish there was something I could do, it sounds like even you might just have to it out."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 pm
"It's all right." He replied. He knew that she'd help him out in a moment's notice if she had been able to. But at this point in time he didn't see how things were going to ever be okay. "They can't be in the same pride and never talk! Except...well, my mother doesn't leave her den all that much and Nissa wouldn't have reason to go there..." He sighed, staring down at his paws forlornly.

"Perhaps I should just leave it alone. I can be in both of their lives without them being in one another's and at this point I'm not sure whether I have the energy to deal with two angry relatives in my life. Maybe in time they'll come to realise how stupid they are being."

And there were the cubs, too. Nissa's cubs. Perhaps they might be able to build better bridges than he ever could.

"You think I should just tell them that I accept their choice even if I don't like it? Who knows, maybe knowing I won't sort out their problem for them might give them the initiative to do it themselves?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 pm
She frowned, nodding when he suggested they couldn't be in the same pride and never talk. It wasn't as simple as avoiding each other, though it sounded entirely possible. It was about being mother and daughter and so close together. Imarika couldn't imagine avoiding her mother, even on days she was most frustrated with her. Her reservations about having half-siblings had been tricky enough but nobody let it become a problem.

"It doesn't sound very fair to you to be stuck in the middle," she said, smiling encouragingly at him, "It might be best to stay out of it, if you want to be close to both then doing it separately isn't a bad alternative to getting tangled up in the hostility."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm
The story of his life. He'd always felt tethered to his family. And whilst he had never minded, his mother's lack of want to change was beginning to wear him down. He couldn't help her if she couldn't help herself and if she wanted to stay holed up for the rest of her life than there was no way anything was going to be settled between the two of them.

"I think I'll go with that option." He replied with a grateful smile. "It has the potential to get nasty otherwise." And then the gratitude turned into an apology. "And I'm sorry, Rika. I didn't mean to land all of this on you. I just...didn't have anyone else to talk to and you appeared as you did." It was easy to talk to her, too. She listened and she cared and she seemed to affirm what he was thinking, making him more comfortable with the decisions he could make.

"Thank you."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:22 pm
Rika smiled more brightly when he smiled, happy to see him contented by the conclusion that had reached. It must be terrible being stuck in the middle all the time. He always was, because of his mother, for as long as she could remember, even without a sour sibling around to make things more tense in the family.

"I don't mind," she said, "I hate to see you looking so down."

And she meant it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items