The Vampire Counts Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:24 am
March issue of the WD just came in and from the look of things, the Counts got better:
- With special spells that allow undead to strike first in combat
- The corpse cart is a "mount" option for the lowly Necromancer, making it a support unit more than anything
- Necromancer lords are now out of the game, leaving just necromancers who are lowly level 1 wizards
- Ghouls also count as undead now
- ALL vampire models now allow for marching, not just the lord  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:37 am
Lt. Brookman

- With special spells that allow undead to strike first in combat
Er, that was a common spell in the last book. Even worked on Zombies.

Quote:
- Necromancer lords are now out of the game, leaving just necromancers who are lowly level 1 wizards
I fail to see how this is better. Necromancer Lords make sense. They were the gap between "Necromancer" and "Liche". Yes, the book is "Vampire Counts", but they seemed to change the book to bias in Vampire favor as much as the Orc and Goblin book is biased in Orc favor.

Quote:
- Ghouls also count as undead now
Good and bad now. They don't break, so yay! Immune to Psychology, so yay! They also lost Skirmishers, though, correct [Or were they ranked up for no good reason yesturday]?

Quote:
- ALL vampire models now allow for marching, not just the lord
This makes sense. For the most part.

Vampires themselves, I'm upset with the loss of "Vampire Count". Lords were suppossed to be (Just like Black Orcs) a very rare thing to come across on the battlefield. You were much more likely to come across a simple 'Count', or even just a Necromancer Lord, in all but the largest engagements.

Still, having fought some of the undead recently, I can say that they most certainly haven't gotten "Bad". The Nerf Bat didn't hit them, nor did the "Overkill models to boost sales" Bat hit them. I find it a decent book, at the very least better then the current HE book.

Now, to buy the current (3rd ed) Vampire book to get the Vampire Lore before it goes poof.  

Drachyench

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:14 pm
So much for being an optimist then. You people ******** rag all day long about how you don't like the changes.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 pm
Lt. Brookman
So much for being an optimist then. You people ******** rag all day long about how you don't like the changes.

Aye, I dislike some of them (The changes). Unlike with the HE book, however, I find this to still be a decent Army Book. The army is not broken, the characters balance power for cost, the troops can be used effectively, etc.

With the way current army books are going along, I'd rate this as "Pretty good" in general. My only major concern with this (As it was a while ago) was the loss of real 'Bloodlines' and the focus on Von Carsteins.  

Drachyench

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:39 pm
I tried out the new army book in a war bands game. It was fun.

Fought a mounted orcs and gobbo warband. The first game I won by a lot. Yay for 18' doggy charge!

Second game, he took an orc shaman with an itty ring. First turn he cast eadbutt, dealt a wound to my vampire, and then proceeded to eadbutt him again with the ring. Both wounded and my dude went 'poof'. Everything went all crumbly cept the varguhlf, who proceeded to fail all his regeneration saves in combat.

Ward saves are meh new friend. For without them, my vamp goes squish from magic blunt force head trauma.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:52 pm
Well I got the £105 army deal and I have to say it is not all that bad. The Bloodlines are sort of still there. They are just more customizable so you can still have Lhamians or Von Carsteins ect ect. I tell you those Blood Dragon units look damn scary to come up against^^  

Centigrade

MR.Tigglesworth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:54 am
im gonna be playing a deamon army in a few days any tactical suggestion? von carstein vampires one good at melee the other at is a wizard  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:09 pm
I like the loss of the bloodlines the vampire is now solely based on how you build them. which in my opinion gives the vampire a much more personal touch.. so you care about if they die.or not.  

GamerChik240

asraiix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:39 pm
Gah, I need to play more WH!! D:  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 am
Probably gonna get some vampire counts with my brother soon(ish). I've always loved skeletons, vampires and things like that.  

44gah

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am
So anyone going to talk about Vampire Counts in 8th Edition? sweatdrop  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items