Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Vampire Counts Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:25 am
Problem with Vampire Counts is finding the balance between "Magic" and "Combat".

Focus too much on Magic, and you kill nothing.

Focus too much on Combat, your army is wrecked and made too small to do anything.

Vampire Lord turning into a Vampire count, right now, seems it might be slightly better to me. Against most armies a VC has enough WS that the slight drop doesn't matter, and beyond that aren't the only two changes in Ld (Which only matters in restraining pursuit if you assume he's your general) and one more attack?

The saved points and freed slot can usually be a welcome help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:24 pm
See, I still need to try out for myself in a few actual games. I have a few friends that are into Warhammer as well, but my army is the largest out of the bunch, and we can do nothing but play battles that are bring everything you have to the field and hope it works. However, even in these lopsided battles, I've found useful some useful strategies, but I want to try a real battle before I make too many changes, and I can't do that until my friends build up their forces a bit more.
By the way, I forgot to mention that my Grave Guard carry the Banner of Doom and my Black Knights have the Banner of the Barrows. Does this make any difference?  

Valmor von Carstein

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:35 pm
Valmor von Carstein
By the way, I forgot to mention that my Grave Guard carry the Banner of Doom and my Black Knights have the Banner of the Barrows.

Banner of Doom is a FEAR test with an extra dice, right?

Against most things, not really. Sure, the opponnent will likely fail and need 6's to hit, but at 10 big (Assuming nothing even touches them), no unit is going to run from it, nor are they going to force an insta-"Snake Eyes" due to Fear and Outnumbering.

Plus, that'll just make the unit a larger target for an enemy looking for VP's, or even more if the unit is destroyed (As the magical banner's points are added to the 100VP's, right?).

The Barrow Banner is okay for the hit bonus', but again you might want more Black Knights. The banner is a much less expensive upgrade per model the more you have in a unit. 6-10 for a Cavalry unit is usually a good size.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:47 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Valmor von Carstein
By the way, I forgot to mention that my Grave Guard carry the Banner of Doom and my Black Knights have the Banner of the Barrows.

Banner of Doom is a FEAR test with an extra dice, right?

Against most things, not really. Sure, the opponnent will likely fail and need 6's to hit, but at 10 big (Assuming nothing even touches them), no unit is going to run from it, nor are they going to force an insta-"Snake Eyes" due to Fear and Outnumbering.

Plus, that'll just make the unit a larger target for an enemy looking for VP's, or even more if the unit is destroyed (As the magical banner's points are added to the 100VP's, right?).

The Barrow Banner is okay for the hit bonus', but again you might want more Black Knights. The banner is a much less expensive upgrade per model the more you have in a unit. 6-10 for a Cavalry unit is usually a good size.
No, the extra D6 for fear test is the Screaming Banner. The Banner of Doom gives them a 5+ Ward against all missiles.  

Valmor von Carstein

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:32 am
New Vampire Counts range is up for preview: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301046&orignav=13  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:41 pm
hate everyone except for Konrad and varghull.

after the wonderful Ork release the miniatures look... bit blah.  

HellecticMojo

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 pm
I actually think the new models are amazing. I love the ghouls, and the skeleton warriors and grave guard look awesome, and are now in plastic, so they're more convertible and cheaper to buy.

The new characters are awesome as well. I love the vampire lord and the winged vampire lord. The character's are just okay, nothing fantastic.

The Varghulf is by far the coolest model in the range, and one of the coolest models released by GW so far.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 am
It's a giant undead bat, whats not to like?

Personally I like the new Vampire Countess model, so that one is a must-have for me. Other than that, maybe a box of skeleton warriors or a plague cart for the cool bits.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:31 pm
I really like the new look the army got. 3nodding

I think Konrad looks stupid..... talk2hand

My only main disappointments are that there aren't a lot of hero models besides special characters. sad You either have the winged vampire lord or a necromancer. Though it's listed under vampire lord, the countess is Isabella von Carstein. xp That and they didn't update the Black Knights and necromancers. xp

Other than that, I think it is "teh awesome". mrgreen Especially blood knights. xd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:48 pm
Lubicabre, there's no need to update a Necromancer. No-one is going to take them.

They're a Perma-Level 1 wizard who crumbles and has no combat capabilities.

Vampires now come in only two non-Special Character varieties: Lord and Vampire. One's a Hero, the other a Lord. They're going to be the basis of your magical skills.

Invocation has turned into three seperate spells. One you get in addition to your other spells (With can only raise Zombies or restore wounds to any unit), a die roll of 1 (Which is only slightly better, and still no new skellie units), and the final one with is an Invocation that raises 5d6 Zombies (provided you make it past the 12 casting value) and, again, can only restore wounds to units when involving things such as Skeletons and better.

Oh, and Zombies are horrid now. A Snotling can wound 'em on a 4+ and hit them on a 3+. Yes, that's right, a Snotling Swarm will cause an average of one dead Zombie per base.  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Sounds like you got an inside view. Though the snotlings still have to get into CC with them, that whole causing fear thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:27 pm
Reddemon
Sounds like you got an inside view. Though the snotlings still have to get into CC with them, that whole causing fear thing.
Immune to Psychology, yay...

And I got a view at the codex at a to-remain unspecified GW. No idea if any were suppossed to let Customers read them yet or not.  

Drachyench

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm
They had a copy out where I go too. 3nodding

I think necromancers would be handy for:
A.) Small point games. They're very very cheap.
B.) Dispel scrolls. 55 pts for a wizard? Plus 2 scrolls, BAM, 105 pts. Now you don't have to load up your vampires.
C.) Corpse Cart. Slap a necromancer on one and you have a very annoying magicy-thingy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 am
Is there a preview army book on the net? Can you have grave guards as Troops choice (like the Dragon Blood bloodline has now)?  

Inquisitor Gorbasch

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:53 pm
I'm not sure. xp The copy I found was at the store a few weeks ago... sweatdrop

Grave Guard are special choices. 3nodding

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items