Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:25 pm
lightandshadow13
you guys now that the new codex, there no more blood lines only powers

And now I have lost all my tolerance of GW. Forgeworld I can still tolerate for giving us Death Krieg, and Black Library due to the impossibility to ruin Eisenhorn and other novels (Unless the threaten to not release any novel featuring a Chaos Marine besides Corsair, Black Legion, or one of the Four main marked ones, and stop printing the ones currently with 'em).

I mean, Games Workshop is selling out ANYTHING of even the slightest complexity to drag in the new kids, and shitting over all the veterans in the process. What the ******** is next? Skaven having no more clans and being all lovey dovey (Actually, I fear this is likely going to happen due to the Vamp Armybook, Chaos Codex, and alleged New Marine 'Dex) with ********, I think I can actually come up with a reason GW is screwing over Vamps, though is wanking the hell out of High Elves: Models. No, not to make epic models. Because Elves are ******** expensive. Give someone a reason to buy them (See: Unbeatable outside horrible rolling and shitty tactics), and they know they'll be recieving Hundreds off them. Why can't they do this with Vamps and make them good? Because you can get 30-40 Zombies from one box, and GW just can't stand the idea of someone saving 50% on their products.

This is a rant, and anyone reading it knows it. Though it's true, if it makes GW money, they'll do it. Though god help us, we know that two months from now, the loss of Bloodlines will be printed in every GW product as a good thing.

"No more complications!" "No more rule confusion!" "No more 'Can I use this model?'."

"Yes, but what about customability? Character? Variety?"

"Does it line our pockets? No? Sorry then, try again next armybook."

If not for the tolerably written Ork Codex (In the fact that it doesn't overpower the army, nor does it nerf it like ******** in anything besides Looted Vehicle variety), I think my faith in the hobby itself would collapse.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:13 pm
That's why my friends and I play the older editon, and stop buying the new books.  

Ruric Torrune

lightandshadow13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:27 am
Ruric Torrune
That's why my friends and I play the older editon, and stop buying the new books.
i would agree with that till the chaos codex came out sorry im happy they make TS cheese  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 pm
lightandshadow13
Ruric Torrune
i would agree with that till the chaos codex came out sorry im happy they make TS cheese
Thousand Sons ain't cheese, a good deal of armies (Guard, Necron, Eldar, Tyranids, Regular Marines) tend not to rely on a mass of AP3 weapons. Infact, Thousand Sons are most resilient against... other thousand sons.

Nurglites are the cheesy bastards. A bolter hit has a 16% chance of killing an average Marine, Thousand Son, etc. Average bolter meanwhile has a 5% chance of killing a Plague Marine. A lasgun? A hit has about an 11% chance against a Regular Marine, and a 3% against a Plague Marine. On average, you need roughly nine lasgun hits to kill a TS, and nearly 33 hits from one to kill a lone Plague Marine.

Back on topic: Gr Rant Rant I hate the way GW is going blah blah blah.  

Drachyench

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 pm
I'm going to slap on an official mod warning: get back on topic now and take all other chatter to their respective thread of discussion.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:43 pm
I kind of agree. I may not know all the rules for every army, but I have books for Hordes of Chaos, Dark and High Elves, Dwarfs (old version), and VC. It seems that VC armies get s**t on the entire time! Every unit in the VC army book has a maximum size, but Daemons of Chaos, Phoenix Guard, Cold One Knights, etc. (which are often ridiculously powerful AND cause fear) have NO size limit! Unless I missed something, it would be perfectly ligitimate to field a single unit of 300 Bloodletters (the Spartan Daemons, pun intended)! The unit would be DAMN NEAR UNSTOPPABLE, unless Lady Luck was definitely in your favor. Given you can raise more when using Zombies and Skeletons (rather convinient indeed), but, against an army that undoes every one of your spells, 300 Bloodletters would waste a unit of 20 of the best-equipped Black Knights without even an oppurtunity for them to say "Duh?" I hope this gets rectified, because I think that the unit maximum (accept when it comes to flying or extremely specialized units) is ridiculous.  

Valmor von Carstein

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:17 am
Preview in the January issue of WD, featuring a preview of the new plastic Corpse Cart, skeletons and new plastic kits mentioned: Wolves, skeletons, grave guard and ghouls.

The new Mannfred mini looks more a feral savage with a bear pelt cloak and is bald this time round. There will also be a Vlad mini, also looking feral with a bear pelt cloak.

Also previewed is a new Vampire Lady, with a sword and ripped off skeleton head. Has a more gothic and vamp feel to it. Easily outdoes the current Lahmian models in my honest opinion.

The new army book will be released MARCH 2008  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:22 pm
I heard some GW guys talking about the vampire counts.

Apparently, according to one of them, the Corpse Cart lets zombies strike first.

One of them said the Vampire Lady model is Isabella von Carstein.

Also, up on the GW site's sneak peaks is Blood Dragon Calvary.

El Lubricabre

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:28 pm
I'm an old hat at playing vampire counts, I love them and I'm really excited for the new book and models. The new strigoi vampire(character?) looks amazing especially!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:08 am
ShasO Ol Por
The new strigoi vampire(character?) looks amazing especially!
Likely is a character.

Good odds of seeing a 'Blood Dragon' army needing to be led by a Blood Dragon special Character, a Lahmian one a Lahmian character, etc.  

Drachyench

Razorith Vulsroy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:52 pm
I could have sworn that the only special characters were going to be Von Carsteins. Manfred, Konrad, Vlad, etc. That aside, the new giant bat-type beasty probably won't even be a vampire from what I've heard. Rumor had it that it was some new monstrous unit if I heard correctly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 pm
Looks like things may be looking up for VC armies. I really hope they do away with unit maximums...on a brighter note, my army is only two models away from marching in a legal 2000 pt game. I just hope that by the time it gets to the battlefield, half the units don't get taken out of the book.
-Von Carstein Lord on Barded Nightmare with Carstein Ring and Lance
-Necromancer with Power Familiar
-Wight Lord with Heavy Armour and Battle Standard (Hell Banner-still need to buy this model)
-20 Skeletons with Spears and full Command
-20 Zombies
-5 Dire Wolves (with Doom Wolf)
-10 Grave Guard with Shields and full Command
-5 Black Knights with full Command (still need one more regular knight)
-2 Spirit Host
-Black Coach
-Banshee
How would this army do in battle? I haven't fought a real battle yet, so I'm open to making some changes  

Valmor von Carstein

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 pm
Valmor von Carstein

-Von Carstein Lord on Barded Nightmare with Carstein Ring and Lance
Great Weapon may be better. Only +1S and strike last when not charging, though on the charge it rarely matters and it's still S6. And every round, to boot. The 4+/4+ should give him the durability he needs to last, though usually chunking him into an On-Foot unit is better for more durability.

Quote:
-Necromancer with Power Familiar
Fine.
Quote:
-Wight Lord with Heavy Armour and Battle Standard (Hell Banner-still need to buy this model)
Okay, though a Thrall or another Necromancer may be better.

Quote:
-20 Skeletons with Spears and full Command
-20 Zombies
Okay, though get spare models for raising. Actually, you may want to add another 20-man Skeleton unit. Summonned units, to my knowledge, neither count for VP's OR can score. Right now, you have very few scoring units. Besides, summoned Skeletons into a unit come with better loot.

Quote:
-5 Dire Wolves (with Doom Wolf)
Fine, though another unit or two would be better. Maybe drop the champion. These things are meant to kill War Machines, screen units, and draw out enemies. That's about it. Anything else done is an added bonus.

Quote:
-10 Grave Guard with Shields and full Command
Easy VP's for your enemy. Bump it up and put a character (Likely the Wight) in it, or drop it. 10 Non-Raisable Guard pose as very good fodder for VP's. A single Handgunner or Thunderer volley could drop the unit to below half in a single turn, or wipe it out in two.

Quote:
-5 Black Knights with full Command (still need one more regular knight)
You want a 7-wide front when facing 25mm-base sized enemies. You get more attacks that way, and thus a higher combat res. This unit will do for now, but it likely won't break any lines.

Quote:
-2 Spirit Host
Bumping its size is always good. 3-4 is usually the best, as it tends to be able to last two rounds even with a Magic-Attack character. With 16 wounds that normal models can't touch, you're at least four phases before dropping dead. With 16, max of two.

Quote:
-Black Coach
Good.
Quote:
-Banshee

Good, it can't be dispelled like Casket's of Souls. Ethreal too, I think.

Pair's tend to work better, in my opinion. Still, a lone one is wonderful (And hillarious) for Character / War Machine / Unit sniping. "Skaven Chieftain? Roll 2d6. A 7? Ooh, sorry."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:06 pm
I think I might want to try the Great Weapon, because most units can't stand up to five S6 attacks, anyway, especially with WS8.
As for the rest, I think I'll want to try them out in an actual 2000 pt battle before I see what needs changing. I think I need wider variety to choose from, so my army is not handling every single enemy the same exact way, thereby making my tactics predictable.  

Valmor von Carstein

Razorith Vulsroy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:05 pm
I'm wondering if that list is meant for friendly or competitive play. If it's friendly, I can see you doing decently whenever you play, but if it's for competitive you'll want to change some stuff up. I could be specific, but most of what I'm thinking is what Drachyench has already said. After all that though, I'd highly recommend getting another necromancer. Two mages don't seem to do all that much by themselves in competive play, and the magic phase can be very important for a VC army.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff