Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Tomb Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Centigrade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:30 pm
I have to admit when I play against Ogres with my Tomb Kings I struggle big time. But as you said dybo it is not worth taking armour which is probally one of the places I go wrong. But next time I play Ogres with my TK I am going to take a CoS and see how well I do then.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 pm
My friend just recently started TK (YAHOOOOO!)
And I have to say, in a 750 point battle, he kicks a**.
he thought that since he only had a few units, We should play a small battle.
He has a tomb scorpion, two priests and his leader, a unit of archers, and a unit of cavalry.

I had a buncha guys, to see what might work.
Note to self- Watch out for TK arrows.On a good turn, he got in four firing phases.
And his tomb scorpion screwed me up real bad.
fear was a kick in the teeth as well, as I play orcs. I didnt take as many guys with a higher leadership score that time, so I ended up with gobbos running everywhere. and whenever I wounded him, the b*****d regenerated all the skellies I took out! AND THEN ROUTED ME!
-.-

But the second game I kicked his a**. I took a troll, and that kept three units busy for most of the game. and the troll took out his heirophant and Tomb king.

It was a good day for greenskins.  

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

Centigrade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:40 pm
Angstrom lord of all
He has a tomb scorpion, two priests and his leader, a unit of archers, and a unit of cavalry.

Note to self- Watch out for TK arrows.On a good turn, he got in four firing phases.
fear was a kick in the teeth as well, as I play orcs. I didnt take as many guys with a higher leadership score that time, so I ended up with gobbos running everywhere. and whenever I wounded him, the b*****d regenerated all the skellies I took out! AND THEN ROUTED ME!
-.-

But the second game I kicked his a**. I took a troll, and that kept three units busy for most of the game. and the troll took out his heirophant and Tomb king.

Well that Troll certainly earnt it's points back in the second game^^ Well by the sounds of it he must of made a big mistake by getting his Heirophant too close to something that powerfull in CC. But hey he is new and will learn that he should protect his Heirophant at all costs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:48 am
Centigrade
Angstrom lord of all

-.-

Well that Troll certainly earnt it's points back in the second game^^ Well by the sounds of it he must of made a big mistake by getting his Heirophant too close to something that powerfull in CC. But hey he is new and will learn that he should protect his Heirophant at all costs.

Actually, I brought my troll to him, BEHIND his units. and since it was a champion/hero or w/e, ((Slugdrool the troll... wink ))
and he kept his heirophant behind his archers AND tomb king, my fanatic got 'im while the troll stopped the archers from firing. thank god for the 4+ Regen save I got it nearly every time. leadership saves, however...
I always got a 5 and a four. THE DICE WERE CURSED!!!  

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

Ean_arico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:10 pm
best fantasy army no questions asked!!! exclaim exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:33 pm
Well no army can be considered the best as all of the armies have their good and bad points in game. So it is all a matter of opinion.  

Centigrade

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:28 am
Centigrade
Kalecos
best fantasy army no questions asked!!!

Well no army can be considered the best as all of the armies have their good and bad points in game. So it is all a matter of opinion.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:47 am
King Kento
Centigrade
Kalecos
best fantasy army no questions asked!!!

User Image

Can't remember what Bruce Lee movie that was from. Damn you now you are going to have me wonderinng now.  

Centigrade

HellecticMojo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:14 pm
Angstrom lord of all

How? With the minimum of 2 characters in an army and the expensive nature of the troops (poor stats though) how does he win?

I thought it was popular belief that TK will die unless it is at least 2k points  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:05 pm
Personally I wouldn't pick any other fantasy army (save my other lizardmen army). The tomb kings have a lot of redeeming qualities, like fear and the oodles of magic abilities. although normal tomb skeletons suck, the tomb guard are decent and the other units are bad-a**. I decided to take a page from some random person's book and constructed king tutankhanut and use him as my army commander. he proves useful in the fact that he's hard as hell to beat.  

Neil Nightblade

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 pm
I've been wanting to research the tomb kings for a long long time now XD I could easily see them being my new favorite army.

If anyone has any information about their history and lore could you please tell me I would really like to know. Just PM me. I would also really really like the names of any noves written about them xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 am
I think the kind of info you want can be found on Lexicanum.  

Shinobi_8745

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 am
Shinobi_8745
I think the kind of info you want can be found on Lexicanum.

I wasn't able to find anything on that website. Could you maybe give me a link to something on that site?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:51 am
Hm that's true, they didn't have much info on them.
But buy the book, it'll answer all your questions, and it's a nice read as well and I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying it, I don't play Tomb Kings anymore but I still kept the book, there's some nice fluff in there. wink  

Shinobi_8745

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:52 pm
Shinobi_8745
Hm that's true, they didn't have much info on them.
But buy the book, it'll answer all your questions, and it's a nice read as well and I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying it, I don't play Tomb Kings anymore but I still kept the book, there's some nice fluff in there. wink

Yeah I'm just going to break down and do so. Thank you anyway =)  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff