The Tomb Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:36 pm
Kenshin Kiyuraki
What Lord would you rather use in your army for a 2000pts game, A Tomb King or Liche High Priest?
In my personal experience I would say the Tomb King just for the fact that he packs one heck of a punch in combat. Also for the stuff you can equip him with, just adding a great weapon to him gives a strength of 7 that’s killer.
But then again the Liche High Priest does have his own abilities. But they just don't serve my purpose.

I've never had a problem killing a Tomb King, they have 4 wounds and all which is nice, but Vampires are just simply better. I'd probably still say a Tomb King is what I would field, but thats mostly just so I could have a mummy attack people.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:16 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Kenshin Kiyuraki
What Lord would you rather use in your army for a 2000pts game, A Tomb King or Liche High Priest?
In my personal experience I would say the Tomb King just for the fact that he packs one heck of a punch in combat. Also for the stuff you can equip him with, just adding a great weapon to him gives a strength of 7 that’s killer.
But then again the Liche High Priest does have his own abilities. But they just don't serve my purpose.

I've never had a problem killing a Tomb King, they have 4 wounds and all which is nice, but Vampires are just simply better. I'd probably still say a Tomb King is what I would field, but thats mostly just so I could have a mummy attack people.

Tomb Kings are Basically a Black Orc bigboss with twice the wounds and another attack, right?

I'd say that unless you're taking a Casket, Tomb King would probably be the best bet.  

Drachyench

Accalia Nadia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:47 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Kenshin Kiyuraki

True it may not always be hard to kill him, but I just love what happens if they do manage to kill him. But I always love to field him with his always loyal Tomb Guards.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:02 am
Alright finaly I got a good pic of my Tomb King. So introducing the Lord of my Tomb Kings Army the TOMB KING! LOL
User Image

Accalia Nadia

Centigrade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:47 pm
Kenshin Kiyuraki
EliotJamesRookwood
Kenshin Kiyuraki

True it may not always be hard to kill him, but I just love what happens if they do manage to kill him. But I always love to field him with his always loyal Tomb Guards.

In a 2000pts game I personally like to switch between games depending on my mood. Sometimes I am in the mood for some close combat goodness and go for the Tomb King. But every once in a while I like to have a change Liche High Priest. To be honest my win/loss ratio is a little better with the High Priest.

Oh and good job on your Tomb King Kenshin Kiyuraki. A little on the colourfull side isn't he.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 am
At one time I loved them (Mainly because I didnt play often)
But after the last game I p[layed....
If your under 1000 points you lose
If you win or tied you got skill (Or the high elf player spent to much points on magic)

But from what ive delt with its a mass number army with out mass....So it leads me to this conclusion of. Unless you got a big wallet you lost
If your fighting Orks you lost (And more then likely many other things)

>_> I should just spend the 40 bucks for chariots that should work out considering I can use incantaion of summoning on them to heal them but... I dunno....My army is all ready a max mini gone wroung
But then agian I do only have 605 points  

Destiny_Hunter

Centigrade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:49 pm
Destiny_Hunter
If you win or tied you got skill (Or the high elf player spent to much points on magic)

But from what ive delt with its a mass number army with out mass....So it leads me to this conclusion of. Unless you got a big wallet you lost

>_> I should just spend the 40 bucks for chariots that should work out considering I can use incantaion of summoning on them to heal them but... I dunno....My army is all ready a max mini gone wroung

So what models do you currently have? Cause maybe I could give you some advice if you are willing to take it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:48 am
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter

So what models do you currently have? Cause maybe I could give you some advice if you are willing to take it.

Well I am always open to advice

I have lets see....

1 Tomb prince(4+ ward save)
1 Liche Preist (4+ Ward save)

2 scarab base
10 Archers (Light armor)
10 Warriors(Bearer Musicion light amour sheild and spear)

1 Bone Giant

I dont normaly use the warriors

But to tell the truth I was thinking about using horse man with bows and charriots.  

Destiny_Hunter

Centigrade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:46 am
Destiny_Hunter
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter

I have lets see....

2 scarab base
10 Archers (Light armor)

1 Bone Giant

But to tell the truth I was thinking about using horse man with bows and charriots.

Well I reckon it is sort of usefull to have at least one unit of 20 skeletons eventhough you do not normally use them. They act as a perfect speed bump for some units allowing for your Bone Giant or Chariots(If you get them) if you get them to flank charge the unit attacking the warriors. Granted you would be then relying on the warriors lasting the first round of combat which is something a unit of 10 is unlikely to do. Also I don't know about putting your prince in a chariot cause people would target his chariot with strength 7 attacks. Which if he is wounded by them then he could be very vunerable indeed. But seeing what you got at the moment you would not have a much better unit to put him in so maybe it is worth the risk.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 am
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter

I have lets see....

2 scarab base
10 Archers (Light armor)

1 Bone Giant

Well I reckon it is sort of usefull to have at least one unit of 20 skeletons eventhough you do not normally use them. They act as a perfect speed bump for some units allowing for your Bone Giant or Chariots(If you get them) if you get them to flank charge the unit attacking the warriors. Granted you would be then relying on the warriors lasting the first round of combat which is something a unit of 10 is unlikely to do. Also I don't know about putting your prince in a chariot cause people would target his chariot with strength 7 attacks. Which if he is wounded by them then he could be very vunerable indeed. But seeing what you got at the moment you would not have a much better unit to put him in so maybe it is worth the risk.

I decided after long thought to erm sell my tomb kings neutral
So they are dead to me. rofl (Sorry bad joke)
So I guss im going to do wood elfs cuz Its fun to paint them

Which is why Im stoping to play tomb kings because they are not very fun to paint and model So who wants to buy them when they go up for auction on ebay?  

Destiny_Hunter

Centigrade

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 pm
Destiny_Hunter
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter
Centigrade
Destiny_Hunter

I have lets see....

2 scarab base
10 Archers (Light armor)

1 Bone Giant

I decided after long thought to erm sell my tomb kings neutral
So they are dead to me. rofl (Sorry bad joke)
So I guss im going to do wood elfs cuz Its fun to paint them

Which is why Im stoping to play tomb kings because they are not very fun to paint and model So who wants to buy them when they go up for auction on ebay?

There is tons of ways how to paint and convert tomb kings. You just have to think longer and more carefully at what works best. But overall it is up to you on what you do and good luck with your Wood Elves army.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:13 am
Sure your stuck with colours of bone, but thing about this, before you under coat the model, use abita white or super glue on a peice of string, then attatch it to the model. Then dip it in sand or another rough texture. When you paint it, colour it like your flock, and boom, instant rising effect  

Reddemon

dybo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:34 pm
Between a Tomb King or a High Priest, mostly I'd say the King. He costs less points, with the right combination of items you can give him a 1+ save plus 4+ ward. A high priest really shines when you get to 3000 points, when you can take two catapults and stick the high priest on a casket between the two of them biggrin However, that costs around 700 points before items.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:40 pm
Against the Ogres... hm

Tiny units of light cavalry to tie them up while your blocks of 20 skeletons (don't bother with armor, they rip right through it) charge into combat. Send a scorpian or two to the characters, and keep the skeletons alive (Summoning) until the ogres either succumb to the attacks or fail to kill enough skeletons to win combat rez, and the ogres run, only to be trampled. xd  

dybo

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces