DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:47 pm
Come here to discuss the Tomb Kings of fantasy base Warhammer.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:33 am
They are okay but the same problema s vampire counts, lose the licvhe priest and the army crumbles.  

Traitor Jacknife

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Traitor Jacknife
They are okay but the same problema s vampire counts, lose the licvhe priest and the army crumbles.

well i think that forces us not to lose the liche priests -.-''  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:58 am
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

well i think that forces us not to lose the liche priests -.-''
Really I had never thought of that stratagy.  

Traitor Jacknife

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:20 am
I have a huge Tomb King army but only a few units acutally built o.x; I'm sure it's true of most armies that losing your general is a bad thing ._.; Or his supporting commander in this case o.O; But unlike the VC, Tomb King magic can heal not just the basic troops, but the charriots and such too, so it's not hard keeping the army together.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:38 am
nadescaflowne
I have a huge Tomb King army but only a few units acutally built o.x; I'm sure it's true of most armies that losing your general is a bad thing ._.; Or his supporting commander in this case o.O; But unlike the VC, Tomb King magic can heal not just the basic troops, but the charriots and such too, so it's not hard keeping the army together.
Intresting I Didn't know that. They technicley have some very powerful units.  

Traitor Jacknife

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:09 am
Ushabti! I'd have an army of them if I could XO Or even the Bone Giant army they had in WD once X3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 am
nadescaflowne
Ushabti! I'd have an army of them if I could XO Or even the Bone Giant army they had in WD once X3
You seem to have every army!  

MoonlightSun

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:40 am
Such is playing Warhammer for over 9 years o.O; I started just under a year before they released edition 5 of Warhammer I think it was. Most my armies are fairly small or I have the models but not painted though o.x; The undead is what I started on and so that's what I have the most of, both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as it was before they split them. It was fun back then having units of Wraiths and the like XO And I really think they should bring back Nagash, preferabley with a less happy smiley model o.<; I mean if Chaos and Empire can have rules to field their 'gods' so should the undead >/  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:43 am
nadescaflowne
Such is playing Warhammer for over 9 years o.O; I started just under a year before they released edition 5 of Warhammer I think it was. Most my armies are fairly small or I have the models but not painted though o.x; The undead is what I started on and so that's what I have the most of, both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as it was before they split them. It was fun back then having units of Wraiths and the like XO And I really think they should bring back Nagash, preferabley with a less happy smiley model o.<; I mean if Chaos and Empire can have rules to field their 'gods' so should the undead >/
Your right! But Nagash isn't really their god!  

MoonlightSun

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:57 am
Well no o.x; and I certainly doubt any of the Tomb Kings would worship him XP It'd be nice to have him back all the same though, the undead arn't the same without him ;.;  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:01 am
nadescaflowne
Well no o.x; and I certainly doubt any of the Tomb Kings would worship him XP It'd be nice to have him back all the same though, the undead arn't the same without him ;.;
Yeah I don't even know if they would follow him, but he would be strong!  

MoonlightSun

nadescaflowne

Aged Lunatic

3,875 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:22 am
He was very powerful in the old rules but not so much so that they'd have reason to leave him out ._. Even though he's been dead since the birth of the Empire ;>.> But that's given him over 2500 years to be reborn and it only took 1111years the last time XO Maybe he'll be in a historical campaign book like the rise of Sotek or something, highly doubtful but one can hope x.x;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:51 pm
me'h id rather see Anubis on the feild! hed kick some huge a** like just walk into a unit & slaughter them. after a huge ammout of points
& dicerolls  

Reddemon

Vailen Sharr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:25 pm
Clan Enshin = win against Tomb kings. It's so sad...

Skitterleap assasins WILL kill your hierophant, no matter what you do to hide him, so you are stuck dispelling EVERY skitterleap spell that gets cast... and it isn't easy. Curse you, Skaven!

I'd play the Tomb kings myself, but I HATE skeletons. To expensive for such a poor stat line, and counting on fear to win the game is too much of a gamble for me. Especially since my brother is starting up Ogre Kingdoms, so his troops tear through the skeletons like rotting cloth...

On the other hand, I like every non-core unit in the army. Scorpions are cheap for the damage they deal, Ushabti are pwn, and the screaming skull catapault and casket of sould are delightful when they work. Not too hot on bone giants though, even if they do have awesome models. The hero selection is pretty awesome, too. While he isn't in the same class as a vampire count, a tomb king is pretty high on my list of heros that rule, and he lets you take chariots as core choices. Can't go wrong with that!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff