Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Beastmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:05 pm
shaggoths are good light infantry murderers when equipped with mark of khorn. X_X burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 am
Inenor
shaggoths are good light infantry murderers when equipped with mark of khorn. X_X burning_eyes

If Shaggoths are given the mark of khorne, their counting for a lord choice. And if you want to kill light infantry with it, equip it with an additional hand weapon as well, remember that detail, can cost enemy lives.

But I personally see, if you have a lord, wasting him on light units is a waste. Lets look at it, we have centigors, herd, chariots to do that stuff, and if their really annoying, just cope a mino unit on it. I use a shaggoth for one things solely. Heavy cavalry killer. With the lord choice, he is awesome. Why? Mark of slaanesh guys. Attack first. Those knights will be more than ready to charge your shaggoth, and please, do tempt them to do so, and laugh when you tall him that your shaggoth with great wep will attack first, killing their poor knights like we squash bugs.  

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 am
Caleidah

Alright. Some friends of mine and I are beginning to play Fantasy and, just from the fluff adn the special rules behind them, I'm going to try Beastmen. The first battle that we're going to do is a large 2k point match so that we can each use a little of everything in our forces.

Suggestions? For my Lord, I think I'm going to take a Great Bray Shaman, just because the spells that they can pull off from any given lore are semi-terrifying. That said, I really don't know a lot about what works for them.

I like Shaggoths. I really do, but for the points, they don't look to be worth it.

Still looking for advice? I do hope so, else this post will be in vain.

First things first. Shaggoths, are most likely not worth their points cost IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY. I'll get back to this later. (Using them properly that is.)

A great bray shaman, is an okay choice, but in a beastmen army, the lord choice is completely dependent on the rest of your army. I would say, a beastlord is a better choice for your starting game, take some bray shamans for magic instead, they can take the same magic! Want to to go ambush with your herds? (the herds with the foe render for extra LD), always remember to give him horn of great hunt. Else, just give him some great wep and magic armor, perhaps a ward save and of you go. (Only undivided mark, its just cheaper and better to start things of with.)

In a 2000 points game, I always use at least, three units of herds. Now, numbers? There are some magical numbers you have to remember.

The raider herd. 5 gors and 5 ungors. What can such a little herd do? Disaster I tell you! To your enemy! It can screen, march block, hunt for lone wizards and warmachines, and it is both fast and very good at turning around.

The medium herd. This is a herd of 13 models. (Yes really, 13 is the best number, just remember it when your taking panic tests from shooting.) This can take on light units, like light cavalry and flanking it works wonders. I don't take many of these herds nowadays...

My favorite herd. It has the magical number of 17! Good for panic tests! Anywho, it is large, can take some deaths, it is still raider and good to for my characters. Nothing more to say, work out the magic!

Hounds. Just, take them. Why? Cheap, take them in the a unit of 5. Need nothing more. Make the enemy charge them, to position themselves in a devastating flanking position for you.

Chariots. Use them and love them. You will know why soon enough...

Special units, you only really need to use two things.

Centigors, is your only real cavalry. Beware, cause their drunk, but that can be good if their in the right spot. They can work themselves through a forest, so just run forwards, get flanking!

Mino. Their your hard hitting unit number one. Why not bring some of these as well? All your beastmen friends does! But never give them light armour and always great wep.

Dragon ogres. Their just the pwn awesome version of mino's. (mino's means minotaurs.) always great wep and light armour. But beware about them, cause, their quite expensive...

Shaggoths! Most says, they suck! Sometimes, they does... but that's only because there are things called warmachines and very evil shooting. Ambushing is a great counter for this, and I only use a shaggoth myself if I have units ambushing as well. (A raider herd is fine for ambushing just for war machine hunting, but larger herds are needing if you want to rear charge properly.) Give always, the shaggoth light armour and great wep (okay sometimes additional hand weapons, but not for now! =D ) And get go kill those cavalry! Just remember, you have to get the charge. Hounds are useful to make sure you get this...

Finally! Magic! All the lores beastmen can take are useful. The shadow lore for the unseen lurker (extra movement in the magic phase, this spell rocks everything!) Beast lore because of the bears anger, make poor characters great! And the beast cowers. Afraid of a large monster? just use this spell and see it shrink to nothing but a reminder, that you have to cast the spell again next round. The lore of death, for its potential to lower your enemies ld. Really want to break a unit? Doom and darkness on them first, and you almost just have to win to break them. (Almost...)

That's all I have for now, the best way to get stuff is to do it, but this is a start right!? =]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:43 pm
Thanks, Vince. The Warhammer scene has dried up for me of late and I've been playing/watching a lot more 40k, but I'll give some of your tactics a throw next time I have a chance.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm
Caleidah
Thanks, Vince. The Warhammer scene has dried up for me of late and I've been playing/watching a lot more 40k, but I'll give some of your tactics a throw next time I have a chance.

Oh, but be my guest. =] I am always ready to share my own experiences (when I am online that is) and I know the feeling of drying up, but the rush gets back always, and warhammer fantasy is always funny to get back to =]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:07 pm
Vincent Valentine (chaos)
and warhammer fantasy is always funny to get back to =]
I couldn't agree more. <3  

Shinobi_8745

explodeyFox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm
Incoming: Beastmen!

Let's resurrect this discussion! I'm pretty excited, this is the Fantasy army I've been waiting so long for!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:40 pm
explodeyFox
Incoming: Beastmen!

Let's resurrect this discussion! I'm pretty excited, this is the Fantasy army I've been waiting so long for!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What's the update looking like thus far?  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Inenor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:38 pm
i cant wait, i have khazrak the One-Eye model and the Khorngore Banner and Musician.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:21 pm
Confirmed items...

All new "lore of the forest" has been promised.
Ambush is staying the same, but with much improvement as requested.
"Mutations" will be available alongside magic items (see WoC book)
Mark system has been scrapped.
Beast Lords may take Chaos Armor as a normal upgrade
New Special Characters including...

Tzeentch shaman with a raven's head
The Thing from the Woods
A drunken Centigor character bearing a magic great weapon  

explodeyFox

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:18 am
New plastisc also confirmed.

Plastic Bestigors
Plastic Minotaurs

They also talk about splitting Gors and Ungors into 2 different boxes, they'll probably become 2 different units like in the good old days.

They'll also most probably drop chaos trolls, dragon ogres and the shaggoth, they are all more known to accompany ordinairy chaos armies anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 am
i hope not, they're just as much apart of the "beasts" of chaos as you can get.  

Inenor

explodeyFox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:24 pm
They will get something in return, Inenor. I keep hearing Gorgons coming up around the store, my Manager gets very interested each time. It's not confirmed, but there are definitely going to be some new beasts to swell the ranks.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 pm
******** yeah new Minotaurs. The old ones are just uglier than sin.

Hm...Gorgons would be really cool. I'd like to see other "fell beasts" out of mythology. Chimeras would be awesome, Hippogriff flying cav, etc.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 am
Harpies/Gargoyles/Gorgoyles is also rumoured to show up with the beast list.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff