Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Daemons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:35 pm
I prefer if you didn't use 40k as a reference, this is fantasy, and if you hadn't noticed Chaos has gotten pretty big to have 3 seperate armies in fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 am
Daemon_King
I prefer if you didn't use 40k as a reference, this is fantasy, and if you hadn't noticed Chaos has gotten pretty big to have 3 seperate armies in fantasy.

Of which you cannot align still. GW has specifically stated they wish to scrap the "Beastmen / Daemons can work with Horde" options. The same example I used for 40K is valid here, except instead of "Daemon and Chaos Marines" here it's "Daemons and Chaos Warriors and Beastmen".  

Drachyench

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daemon_King

Of which you cannot align still. GW has specifically stated they wish to scrap the "Beastmen / Daemons can work with Horde" options. The same example I used for 40K is valid here, except instead of "Daemon and Chaos Marines" here it's "Daemons and Chaos Warriors and Beastmen".

Well, there is reason why Beasts and Mortals aren't align in the same army. Mortals thing Beastmen are scum, and would never serve under what they would think is nothing more then a dumb animal. The Beastmen don't like Mortals any much better, they think that they are the true children of Chaos and that these Mortals are upstart posers. This change actually ties more with the fluff on how much these two factions of Chaos loathe each other. Daemons I'm not too sure about, they were summoned by the Mortals or Beastmen, but I guess the Daemons just became too big to a point where they deserve their own army.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:14 pm
Yeah, there was a time where all Hordes of Chaos armies were solid Daemon lists. It was a bit unbearable "Ah crap, more Plaguebearers?".

Although the Tzeentch magic and Power-Creep lists are currently (in my opinion "spoiling") dominating the tournament scene, I always loved the Bloodletters and Juggernauts.

I've whipped up a list that involves a BT, a Tzeentch Herald scroll caddie (gotta have one, damn Invocation of Nehek), about 45 Bloodletters, a unit of Flesh hounds (between 5 and 10), Skulltaker, BSB, and a unit of 3 Bloodcrushers. I'm not sure how well it'll do (Nowadays, you need like 50 DD to win), but the MR is nice, and I've beaten Brets and Mortals so far.

Has anyone seen anything on some high mark (mostly, not 100%) khorne lists? I have one guy who comes in (I work in a GW store) who runs an all tzeentchi list and was working on one last I checked, but I haven't seen him in a while.  

explodeyFox

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:44 am
Sadly, most-khorne lists do not work as well anymore because they lack much of the anti-magic potential their originals had. The loss of Frenzy / 2 attacks for the regular troop also means they cannot use their S5 to full effect and win combats via wounds.

Though they still work perfectly fine against, as you've seen for yourself, Mortals and Brets. S5 Killing Blow is nice there, very nice. "2+? You mean no-plus! Killing blow!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 am
Yeah, I noticed the heavies just can't fight bloodletters.
I wanted to mix in a bit of tzeentch into my list to make it a bit better, though. Maybe a unit or so of flamers and some screamers?

I have the scroll caddie Tzeentch Herald exclusively for the bad magic, but I'm still not sure how to beef up the anti-magic.  

explodeyFox

El Lubricabre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm
explodeyFox
Yeah, I noticed the heavies just can't fight bloodletters.
I wanted to mix in a bit of tzeentch into my list to make it a bit better, though. Maybe a unit or so of flamers and some screamers?

I have the scroll caddie Tzeentch Herald exclusively for the bad magic, but I'm still not sure how to beef up the anti-magic.

If you want to take anti-magic, bust out the Icon of Sundering. You pick any lore, and it is minus 2 to cast from it. Plus Lore of Light miscasts like crazy. blaugh

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff