The Daemons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epherion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:41 am
Lord Thuddleton
While playing against my usual Orc and Goblin opponent the other day, I decided to use my newly put together 1000 point Nurgle/Khorne daemon army. I made some pretty bad selection choices for such a small game and he got the best of me, but that's not the point. The point is: in the first combat phase he tried to say that when my bloodletters lost the combat they took the wounds and on top of that would still break and run from combat. I tried to tell him that I didn't think that was true but he argued the point. I looked in the Daemon army book, but didn't find anything specific that said they didn't run away ;so I tried to plead storyline and say "Why would daemons of the warp run away?" But in the end I was at his house so he agreed to a dice roll (which he won) and proceeded to steamroller me over the next 4 turns. Is he right? Do daemons run? I still think they don't. I would love some feedback on this. Incidentally he beat me so quickly that we had time to play again, with slightly altered army lists for both of us, this time with daemons not running. Let's just say my flesh hounds ate very well that night. twisted

Daemons do not run, ever.

Though you actually have a point, the book doesn't directly state this but it can be inferred from the fact that they state the alternative procedure for Instability which is taken instead of a break test - if they don't take a break test they don't flee, simple as that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:16 am
Thanks a bunch. I just thought of a new paint scheme for my daemons. My backstory is that a sorceror had his home in the drakwold forest doing experiments with magic, and lines of power in the world. As time went on he delved further into the powers of chaos and wanted to try to bend them to use them for good. As fate would have it one day a band of beastmen came through and torched everything to the ground but not before one final spell was uttered by the sorceror. The beastmen erected a huge herdstone on the spot and spent the night feasting and howling. It was the last bit of power that the spell needed to take effect. Daemons erupted from the forest itself, the land pulling together to form them, like the earth and trees themselves joined forces with the ruinous powers and the beastmen were all slaughtered.

I couldn't resist forest themed daemons. I got the idea during the Nemesis Crown campaign and am now converting my Nurgle/Khorne daemon army and repainting them in untraditional colors. Can't wait till they are done. Pics will follow soon.  

Lord Thuddleton

Oryn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:00 pm
Lord Thuddleton
Thanks a bunch. I just thought of a new paint scheme for my daemons. My backstory is that a sorceror had his home in the drakwold forest doing experiments with magic, and lines of power in the world. As time went on he delved further into the powers of chaos and wanted to try to bend them to use them for good. As fate would have it one day a band of beastmen came through and torched everything to the ground but not before one final spell was uttered by the sorceror. The beastmen erected a huge herdstone on the spot and spent the night feasting and howling. It was the last bit of power that the spell needed to take effect. Daemons erupted from the forest itself, the land pulling together to form them, like the earth and trees themselves joined forces with the ruinous powers and the beastmen were all slaughtered.

I couldn't resist forest themed daemons. I got the idea during the Nemesis Crown campaign and am now converting my Nurgle/Khorne daemon army and repainting them in untraditional colors. Can't wait till they are done. Pics will follow soon.

So basically, you're running the Forest Spirits from the Wood Elves codex with Daemon rules. I'd think it'd be simpler to run Wood Elves with nothing but Forest Spirits, like I'm trying to do. But, whatever floats your boat I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 pm
When I do collect a Wood Elf army it will probably be all dryads and treemen, but that time is long in coming. I just wanted to try something that I've never done when painting my daemons. Bloodletters that look like they've formed through the land itself. Plaguebearers that seem as if they were humans and nurgle's rot has torn their flesh away. I just didn't want to paint in traditional colors, like red for khorne and green for nurgle. I don't really know what to do for my flesh hounds but I might have to go buy some hounds of chaos and convert them to look more daemonic. I'm going to run into problems with each new unit that I try to paint but I like a challenge.

p.s. I've posted links to images of my bloodletter test model in the August Threat thread if you want to check it out.  

Lord Thuddleton

Oryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 pm
Lord Thuddleton
When I do collect a Wood Elf army it will probably be all dryads and treemen, but that time is long in coming. I just wanted to try something that I've never done when painting my daemons. Bloodletters that look like they've formed through the land itself. Plaguebearers that seem as if they were humans and nurgle's rot has torn their flesh away. I just didn't want to paint in traditional colors, like red for khorne and green for nurgle. I don't really know what to do for my flesh hounds but I might have to go buy some hounds of chaos and convert them to look more daemonic. I'm going to run into problems with each new unit that I try to paint but I like a challenge.

p.s. I've posted links to images of my bloodletter test model in the August Threat thread if you want to check it out.

Well, you could always buy Kroot hounds from the 40k range. What's the US on a Fleshhound?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:01 pm
A box of 5 Fleshhounds for 30 dollars. Although I kind of like that Kroot hound idea. I'd have to put more than one on a base but they'd be like yipping packs of tiny demon dogs. I like. I like a lot.

A blister of 2 metal kroot hounds for 10 bucks a piece!!! Holy Toledo.  

Lord Thuddleton

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:42 pm
Just a complaint of mine: Why the lack of Frenzy for oh-so-many Khorne units?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Just a complaint of mine: Why the lack of Frenzy for oh-so-many Khorne units?

Daemons are Immune to Psych, and Bloodletters got killing blow. You get one or the other, and ItP just so happens to cancel out frenzy. Now Flesh Hounds got the extra attack put in, and I believe the Bloodthrister as well (not sure), that they would get from frenzy. Does that help at all?  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:33 pm
Actually, Immune to Psych was changed in 7th Ed. It now just gives immunity to the negative Psychological things. Hence why Stubborn Immune to Psychology units are possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:30 pm
Well, then again not nessecarily since you can be stupid but also immune to psych. So I take back my statement about frenzy being cancelled out. I think GW is just replacing the frenzy with killing blow, and make Khorne daemons have more of a martial structure and respect strength and skill. I mean; Khorne is the God of Blood, Hate, War, Violence, Killing, and Rage, and I see Bloodletters getting hatred with a herald and killing blow making more sense then frenzy, since daemons aren't just mindless killing machines.  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:40 pm
Daemon_King
Well, then again not nessecarily since you can be stupid but also immune to psych. So I take back my statement about frenzy being cancelled out. I think GW is just replacing the frenzy with killing blow, and make Khorne daemons have more of a martial structure and respect strength and skill. I mean; Khorne is the God of Blood, Hate, War, Violence, Killing, and Rage, and I see Bloodletters getting hatred with a herald and killing blow making more sense then frenzy, since daemons aren't just mindless killing machines.

Actually, the sole purpose of Bloodletters is to shed blood in the Blood God's name. One killing blow attack at S5 doesn't give me that image. Ah well, at least "killing blow" still means something in fantasy. 40K a third of the characters are getting some sort of "Yeah, we avoid your insta-death" rule.

And I don't understand how a Bloodletter is any calmer than a Savage Orc.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:07 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
And I don't understand how a Bloodletter is any calmer than a Savage Orc.

Well, that's more or less comparing apples and oranges. Savage Orc are Orcs that have been out in the sun a little too long, and are dumber then the average orc as well as more primative. So, it makes sense for a Savage Orc to be frenzied. Bloodletters, on the other hand, whille frenzy was nice to have for them to have they are daemons. All knowing, evil, and been around for a long time. Don't seem to find how you can be frenized from that, insane yes, but with time you'd go sane again. Khorne's followers are now depicted as warriors that live to battle strong and skilled opponents, not blood crazied psychos.  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:14 pm
See: GW changing pre-existing fluff to explain the models. Or, in some cases, just because they can.

Note I am not saying that it is a "bad" list, just that it could be better or more closely tied to fluff.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm
Yeah, GW is changing fluff of the game, in my opinion its more business then anything. They want to sell people stuff, why do you think they redid daemons the way they did. Anyway, want to elaborate on how it could have been done better?  

Daemon_King

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 pm
Daemon_King
Yeah, GW is changing fluff of the game, in my opinion its more business then anything. They want to sell people stuff, why do you think they redid daemons the way they did. Anyway, want to elaborate on how it could have been done better?

For starters, they could not make them stand-alone from Regular Chaos as they did. The Demon book is solid... but if one looks to see how big the SM codex is they could easily have fit it in along with Chaos Marines.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff