Reddemon
It's the Bas of Fanasty

Both convenient AND coincidental, then.
And hurty
And pretty  

Eviscerat0r

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:44 am
This makes me all the more inclined to slap it on a Bassy for my LatD. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:43 am
i collect hordes of chaos. and my friend hates it when I use Archeron (sp?) the lord of the end times...you know why? cause he has the ability to use like 10 attacks, and he has a 1 plus armor save, and 4 plus ward save.  

Hroth The Blooded

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:16 pm
Hroth The Blooded
i collect hordes of chaos. and my friend hates it when I use Archeron (sp?) the lord of the end times...you know why? cause he has the ability to use like 10 attacks, and he has a 1 plus armor save, and 4 plus ward save.

1. It's Archaon, so if you trying to spell it think chaos, but add Ar as a prefix and replace the s with a n.
2. Archaon is supposed to be King of Chaos, a Demigod of sorts so hes is gonna be all powered, and he sucks up a lot of points so your not getting much unless it's a 3,000 point or more game (he's not unbeatable).
3. You might want to recheck his ward.
4. I use him, and know him like the back of my hand.
5. If you're friend has a problem with you using Archaon, then he shouldn't be playing Warhammer.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 am
Daemon_King
Hroth The Blooded

1. It's Archaon, so if you trying to spell it think chaos, but add Ar as a prefix and replace the s with a n.
2. Archaon is supposed to be King of Chaos, a Demigod of sorts so hes is gonna be all powered, and he sucks up a lot of points so your not getting much unless it's a 3,000 point or more game (he's not unbeatable).
3. You might want to recheck his ward.
4. I use him, and know him like the back of my hand.
5. If you're friend has a problem with you using Archaon, then he shouldn't be playing Warhammer.

its just he has orks and golblins, so just Archaon by himself pwns his whole army. 3 of his golbin fanatic a squad of black orcs, and his black orc big boss all attacking me didnt even do one wound. lol  

Hroth The Blooded

Valmor von Carstein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:19 pm
I need some advice. I just got a dozen Warriors of Chaos armed with two weapons and a shield, and I can't decide what mark to give them. If I want them to be Chosen, which mark would suit an army led by a Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided (Lvl. 4, Blade of Ether, Diabolic Splendour, Soul Hunger, and Master of Mortals)?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 am
Valmor von Carstein
I need some advice. I just got a dozen Warriors of Chaos armed with two weapons and a shield, and I can't decide what mark to give them. If I want them to be Chosen, which mark would suit an army led by a Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided (Lvl. 4, Blade of Ether, Diabolic Splendour, Soul Hunger, and Master of Mortals)?
Nevermind, I already decided on Slaanesh.  

Valmor von Carstein

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:45 pm
Since you started on Slaneesh: If you have or can get a copy of such, the Warhammer fantasy "Warhammer Chronicles 2004" is a wonderful tool. The Mutation list, if limited in some regards, has good uses (Provided your enemy lets you use them, but usually they will).

First off, it never mentions where the Magic Point subtraction comes from, so anything who can choose such can technically take a gift (Which, while cheese, it is hillarious to see a Doombull running around with Wings). Even if this is discarded in possibility by a local GW staff member (Which it will likely be outside of all but the least friendly game), the gifts still work wonders for your other characters.

Conjoined Familiar, though expensive, allows your normally Non-Magic Close Combat hero's to become Mages. Hellshriek is an automatic Miscast to any wizard (Your side included, so beware) on the table. Sephent Body gives you a further ground movement and adds to initiative.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 pm
Not sure where to place this question, but I suppose it´s alright in here:

Is there going to be a remake of the Hordes of Chaos army-book,
because of the publishing of the new Daemons of Chaos book?

Enlighten me to the knowledge of what use there is for the book and
why was it made. sweatdrop

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Asmondai
Not sure where to place this question, but I suppose it´s alright in here:

Is there going to be a remake of the Hordes of Chaos army-book,
because of the publishing of the new Daemons of Chaos book?

Enlighten me to the knowledge of what use there is for the book and
why was it made. sweatdrop

Yes, a "Get you by" Mortals Army List is in WD 341, and it is made with mortals that were in the HoC book with the exception of the Chaos Giant, Daemon Prince and Hellcannon that are put into the list. Everything is pretty much cheaper now, except Marauder full command is 30 pts instead of 25 pts. Chaos Knights, Maraduer Horsemen, and Chaos Chariots are special choices. Two chariots are one special, and Spawn are still two for one rare. Mark of Undivided is gone, well the reroll psychology is anyway, you can mix marks without Mark of Undivided General. Sorcerors can take Mark of Tzeentch, and Exalted Sorcerors can have Dragons as a mount. Lots of Magic Items changed or take out with no replacements. Not a bad list, but Chaos Mortals are gonna be a hell of a lot nastier when the real book comes out.

P.S. - WD Chaos list is the legal list now, and must be used.

P.P.S. - I'm Baaaaaccck.......  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:40 pm
Daemon_King
Everything is pretty much cheaper now, except Marauder full command is 30 pts instead of 25 pts.
In general, command has seemed to have gone up in points (Even if they lose stats in the progress).

Quote:
Two chariots are one special,
How are Chaos Chariots more common than Goblin Wolf Chariots?

Quote:
Mark of Undivided is gone,
Of course. GW seems to be removing it in general (Or at least any benefit for it).

Quote:
Sorcerors can take Mark of Tzeentch,
Can they still take other marks?  

Drachyench

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:24 pm
Couple days ago I bought the WD that includes the Mortals of Chaos Army List.

First, Marks of Chaos have changed a bit in the book, and they have the same effects for both units and characters. Mark of Khorne still causes Frenzy, but that's it no more +1 to dispel dice. Mark of Slaanesh is still "Immune to Psychology." Mark of Nurgle now just causes Fear, no more +1 wound to characters. Mark of Tzeentch now gives units and characters a 6+ ward save, no more warrior mages, and if the mark is given to Sorcerers then they can choose any of the eight Lores of Magic. Marks are cheaper to purchase then the old book.

Chaos Lores of Magic are gonna, no more Tzeentch, Nurgle, or Slaanesh until the new book.

The list itself isn't too bad in my opinion, I actually like myself. The Lord of Chaos dropped 10 points and didn't go through any stat changes, but the only change is the increase in points to buy mundane equipment, and a decrease in cost for Marks. Better off buying magic items for your Lord. Exalted Sorcerer dropped 10 points aswell, can now take Mark of Tzeentch, but I was wrong about being able to purchase a Chaos Dragon as a mount after looking at the list, sorry. Daemon Prince is in the list with a 50 point increase, isn't daemonic, has a 5+ ward, Stubborn, Fly, Magic Attacks, Immune to Psych, Terror, and still can be upgraded into a level four wizard. Marks have different effects on Daemon Princes such as Khorne give MR (1) and Frenzy, Tzeentch increase ward to 4+ and the DP can choose any of the eight LoM, Nurgle gives T6, and Slaanesh strike first. Mounts are pretty much the same as far as Chaos Steeds and Dragons go, but the Daemonic Mounts have increase movement have 1 wound, so now they add +1 to armour save and cannot be killed from under the rider, and went up in initative and down in leadership. Daemonic Mounts have magical attacks, but are not daemonic, and Juggernauts, Discs, and Steeds of Slaanesh are to be considered daemonic mounts. Exalted Champions are the same except T5 and a ten point drop, and again better off buying magic then mundane. Aspiring Champs are the same with a 10 point drop, only worth taking as a BSB. Sorcerors have a 10 point drop with the choice of Mark of Tzeentch, other wise the same. Core units are Warriors, Marauders, and Warhounds. One unit can be upgraded to Chosen, chosen and the cost of warriors dropped, otherwise still the same. Marauders haven't changed except for the cost of a full command. Warhounds are exactly the same. Marauder Horsemen are now special, no more shields, but equipment cost for throwing axes are now cheaper. Chariots are the same, except they are now 100 points and are 2 for 1 special. Knights dropped 5 points, and chosen now cost 10 per model, otherwise they haven't changed. Spawn are the same, but with no more upgrade, so you only get normal spawn. Chaos Giant with Mutant Monstrosity upgrade is in, but you need the BoC book in order for the rules. Hellcannon is in, no more 0-1, but still takes up two rare slots. You have to find the rules somewhere now that the GW US website don't have the rules for them, and the Storm of Chaos book is now out of print. Magic Items have changed, you still get the common magic items, but the item list for Chaos is only a page. Mortal Chaos players must get this WD, the Hordes of Chaos army book is out of print and is no longer legal. I'll try to answer any question, and hopefully this answers a few already.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:03 pm
Daemon_King
First, Marks of Chaos have changed a bit in the book, and they have the same effects for both units and characters.
Because players who can remember proper rules on declaring challenges and using a miscast table can't possible understand that a Chaos Lord may suffer from different bonus' that a rank-and-file soldier.

Quote:
Mark of Khorne still causes Frenzy, but that's it no more +1 to dispel dice.
Or GW's way of saying "Lol Buy Sorcerers!"

Quote:
Mark of Slaanesh is still "Immune to Psychology."
This is one of the changes I don't think makes much difference. I don't recall the Mark doing much anyways until you used Magic Gear and Daemonic Gifts.

Quote:
Mark of Nurgle now just causes Fear, no more +1 wound to characters.
Do not recall full rules, though this seems okay.

Quote:
Mark of Tzeentch now gives units and characters a 6+ ward save,
So everything now has Pre-Cog. Brilliant.

Quote:
no more warrior mages, and if the mark is given to Sorcerers then they can choose any of the eight Lores of Magic.
Ticked a bit about this, but GW has to simplify in some way.

Quote:
Marks are cheaper to purchase then the old book.
They do less in return, but at least GW made a decision with model pricing that made sense this time (Your Black Orc Boss is more points as command... but you lose your S5. Have fun with that.)

Quote:
Chaos Lores of Magic are gonna, no more Tzeentch, Nurgle, or Slaanesh until the new book.
Hopefully the new book will be out soon. That was one of the best things about Chaos. Looks like I'll need to buy the current Army Book for Chaos as well [like I did with Vampire Counts] to save some Fluff.

Quote:
The list itself isn't too bad in my opinion,
Agreed. The Tzeentch thing is a slight bother (Along with Khorne), though it's acceptable.

Quote:
Daemon Prince is in the list with a 50 point increase, isn't daemonic,
Ha, ha ha. Ha ha ha.

Quote:
has a 5+ ward,
What it was now, I think.

Quote:
Stubborn,
With the Immune to Psychology, this thing is now basically unbreakable. Going to start being used by players to tie up units until their Chosen Regiments can slam in.

Quote:
and still can be upgraded into a level four wizard.
Tell me they make the person pay for the cost in earnest for the cheesiest D. Princes.

Quote:
Marks have different effects on Daemon Princes such as Khorne give MR (1) and Frenzy,
Good for the Princes Durability. I dislike how Khorne armies are now going to NEED to take a wizard or two to be able to stand any magic [As it goes against what Khorne is].

Quote:
Tzeentch increase ward to 4+ and the DP can choose any of the eight LoM,
Who expects to see it take the Lore of the Beast w/ Bears Anger?

Quote:
Nurgle gives T6,
Wait, I hope you mean T7. T5 base for a Daemon Prince just feels... wrong.

Quote:
and Slaanesh strike first.
Woo, quickening blood!

Quote:
Chariots are the same, except they are now 100 points and are 2 for 1 special.
Again, how may I ask are Chaos Chariots more common than Goblin Wolf Chariots?

Not the worst GW could have done, but I feel they're making Chaos a bit cheaper and removing some [Not too much compared to 40K Chaos] of the flavor.  

Drachyench

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 pm
Well Drachyench, to start the Daemon Prince has the stat line of the Daemons of Chaos book, so the Daemon Prince is only leadership 8, and I figure it is going to be a Tzeentch Daemon Prince taking Lore of Metal since pratically everthing in this game has a 1+ armour save. Though you still have to pay 40 points per level for Daemon Prince to be a sorcerer, but still well worth it. Nurgle Daemon Princes get T6, T7 would make them untouchable against most things. With Chariots, well that's seems to be the way they are. So, maybe they are more common them a Goblin Wolf Chariot. Oh, did I mention that Marks can mix like Daemon Armies. I figure you're gonna see a lot of Tzeentchian Daemon Princes, level 4 wizards, leading more then just units with the Mark of Tzeentch.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff