Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Ogre Kingdoms Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entropic_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:47 pm
I will present my opinion for as to why i see ogers as over pointed and under powered-these are my own views feel free to argue them
1) The background states that 1 ogre can quite easily deverstate an entire village-the stats of an average ogre mean they cound't manage that-ever...
2) Ogres lack armour, meaning they are vunrable and armour is one of the most important things in Warhammer
3) Ogre armies cannot be used at a 1000 points as their number is too small to allow for tactical playing
4) A unit of ranked humans WILL ALWAYS beat ogres, numbers of the humans means-over powered ogres- as say in the average ogre unit of 4 unit strength=12 in human unit of 16-unit strength is 16
5) Bull charge ability is only useful half the time
6)Fear isn't that great an ability-its useful against troops like goblins but they will out number you and thus render fear worthless  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:41 pm
Entropic_Angel
I will present my opinion for as to why i see ogers as over pointed and under powered-these are my own views feel free to argue them
1) The background states that 1 ogre can quite easily deverstate an entire village-the stats of an average ogre mean they cound't manage that-ever...
2) Ogres lack armour, meaning they are vunrable and armour is one of the most important things in Warhammer
3) Ogre armies cannot be used at a 1000 points as their number is too small to allow for tactical playing
4) A unit of ranked humans WILL ALWAYS beat ogres, numbers of the humans means-over powered ogres- as say in the average ogre unit of 4 unit strength=12 in human unit of 16-unit strength is 16
6)Fear isn't that great an ability-its useful against troops like goblins but they will out number you and thus render fear worthless

1) Never compare something's stats to the fluff. If you compared Archaon's fluff to his stats, he could have single-handedly taken on the Empire by himself.
2) Ogres lack armour, because if you gave a toughness four behemoth with three wounds better than a 4+ save, Ogre Kingdoms players would have an army of characters.
3) Forgetting about Gnoblars? In lower point games, the little midgits become quite useful and allow a very decent amount of tactis to come into play.
4) A unit of ranked humans will NOT always beat Ogres, or I would have never won a game.
5) If you're good in the movement phase, Bull Charge will be useful all the time.
6) Fear is always useful, no matter what. I've seen Dwarves fail fear tests on leadership 10. And even though Ogres will almost always be outnumber, having your enemy only hit you on 6's shuts down counter attacks quite well.

If you think Ogres are Underpowered and Over-priced, you've just never faced a player who knows how to use his army well.

Daicon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:39 pm
Heh, its true. My dwarves are so cowardly. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:51 pm
Entropic_Angel

My turn!

1) It's called a Tyrant.
2) Yes, armour is all important. I mean, it's not like SOME armies *cough*EMPIRE*cough* LAUGH at all forms of armour. If anything they're better off without an increase in armour because that would result in a drop in toughness. And unfortunately, it's that that really matters.
3) As previously mentioned, Gnoblars are quite handy. Besides that, how much is your opponent going to have at 1000 pts that could beat a pile of Bulls?
4) They're called knights. Outnumbering those 4 Bulls with knights would require a unit of at least 7. And that's a pretty big unit of knights.
5) They're impact hits. They're ALWAYS useful. Added combat res, remember?
6) Again, it's quite handy against knights. Fear is best when used against enemies that you can't outright kill but still outnumber. Just auto-break them and watch the opponent cry.  

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:26 am
As always, opinions differ on armies, some say they're crap, others swear by them. Almost every army has it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:07 am
Now I may be alittle bit iffy on the rules of Fanasty, but dose S4 not include a -1 to your opponets save? and a Orge club adds -1 aswell. Now if I am right that is a -2 to your opponets save, pretty damn useful. And Orges can have light armour and Iron fists giving them a 5+ save  

Reddemon

Entropic_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:59 pm
yes a -2 save sounds like a lot but say take a knight with a 2+ or even 1+ save it is only reduced to 4+ or 3+ which is still pretty good. and foot troops it can be useful assuming the arn't in heavy armour or have shields and/or hand weapons.

5+ irelevent- crossbows/handguns render it near useless/useless and bows there is usually enough shots with them to make wounds a cirtainty

oh Everlasting chaos 7 Knights really isn't a lot of knights the normal number is at least 8-often 10 and further more yes a tyrant can take out an entire village but the background suggests an average ogre  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:32 pm
The ultimate 2000 point list would be

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

830 Gnoblars!!!!!!!! 1660pts  

SamuriNinja24

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:18 pm
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

Let me guess...The bulls are only there to fulfill the core unit requirement? stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 pm
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

Goblin Warboss + 40pts of Magic stuff 100pts
19 Units of 40 Goblins with Full Command: 1900pts

Goblins always outnumber Gnoblars. (Except in new rules, where the Basic Goblin is 3pts a pop, and Night Goblins with spears (Starter Set Goblins) are 4pts each)  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

Goblins always outnumber Gnoblars. (Except in new rules, where the Basic Goblin is 3pts a pop, and Night Goblins with spears (Starter Set Goblins) are 4pts each)

I love fighting goblins. Statistically, I kill 9-10 goblins a turn, and they kill one of my warriors every other turn. Even if my unit is surrounded on all sides by 4 units of goblins, chances are I'll with the combat. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:45 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

I love fighting goblins. Statistically, I kill 9-10 goblins a turn, and they kill one of my warriors every other turn. Even if my unit is surrounded on all sides by 4 units of goblins, chances are I'll with the combat. xd

Yeah, Goblin hordes are actually bad against Ogres. When normally they'd get a 4+ save in CC at 3pts each, and almost always have 3 ranks, standard, and outnumber, Ogres just cause too many wounds. Goblins are going down the crapper REALLY now, since you'll be using LESS Goblin Heros in All Gobbo armies, get no powerdice and dispel dice for units in combat, and are paying almost as much as an Orc for gobbos.

So, basically, have fun against all Gobbo armies now with your ogres. XP You'll steam roll 'em. Just avoid the war machines, they still hurt a tad.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:06 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

Yeah, Goblin hordes are actually bad against Ogres. When normally they'd get a 4+ save in CC at 3pts each, and almost always have 3 ranks, standard, and outnumber, Ogres just cause too many wounds. Goblins are going down the crapper REALLY now, since you'll be using LESS Goblin Heros in All Gobbo armies, get no powerdice and dispel dice for units in combat, and are paying almost as much as an Orc for gobbos.

So, basically, have fun against all Gobbo armies now with your ogres. XP You'll steam roll 'em. Just avoid the war machines, they still hurt a tad.

It's sort of a shame, really. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:38 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
SamuriNinja24

1 Bruiser 130pts

3 Bulls 105pts

3 Bulls 105pts

It's sort of a shame, really. sad

Ah well, that's when you take the Orc opinion about it: They're just Gobbos.  

Drachyench

SamuriNinja24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:25 pm
You know, Gnoblars are not Goblins, Oh and the Bulls are to fill the core requirements, and I need more units of Bulls than Gnoblars.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff