Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Ogre Kingdoms Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magus Fly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:34 pm
Just a quick question, which would everyone recommand for the ogre slave giant? i've heard that the classic giant comes with more chairs and insalved looking stuff but i can't resist he urge that the new plastic giant is telling me to buy him too. I'm torn because the plastic giant comes with more convertabilty, but the classic giant is more slave looking because he would be smaller then your DOW giant and there for it would look like something an ogre could take down alone. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:07 pm
Go for the new giant. I mean, think of how big the balls on your Tyrant must be if he took down that b***h. Kinda makes you smile, doesn't it? Besides, you could always convert more chains for it.  

Daicon

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:44 pm
See! Exactly what I've been tellin ya!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:12 pm
I just though've something.

*Ogres worship the "Great Maw"

*Tyranids are known as the "Great Devourer"

The Great Maw was a comet that came from space right? That ate everything in it's path? That description would fit tyranids.

Therefore, the Ogres worship a large tyranid.

El Lubricabre

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:59 pm
And then I reference the part in which the Games Workshop guys say that Fanasty and 40k have no relevence to one another and are two completely diffrent realms.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:57 am
What about the old ones? Don't they appear in both fantasy and 40k?  

El Lubricabre

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:27 pm
Were_Wolf
Okay you've got me there. But still look at how lazy GW is.

Elves-Eldar
Dark Elves-Dark Eldar
Orcs-Orks
Empire-Imperial
Dwarves-Space Dwarves

They are lazy, and if the fluff is useable, why not reuse it. Besides, if the Great Maw is a Nid, then the Fanasty world is done. Bye bye magic, hello barren rock.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:42 pm
Red the 2nd
Were_Wolf

Elves-Eldar
Dark Elves-Dark Eldar
Orcs-Orks
Empire-Imperial
Dwarves-Space Dwarves

They are lazy, and if the fluff is useable, why not reuse it. Besides, if the Great Maw is a Nid, then the Fanasty world is done. Bye bye magic, hello barren rock.

One Nid, no matter how big couldn't destroy the fantasy world, that would destroy a market for GW, which means money, so the Slann or some other race would just zap it out of existence.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:12 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Red the 2nd
Were_Wolf

Elves-Eldar
Dark Elves-Dark Eldar
Orcs-Orks
Empire-Imperial
Dwarves-Space Dwarves

One Nid, no matter how big couldn't destroy the fantasy world, that would destroy a market for GW, which means money, so the Slann or some other race would just zap it out of existence.
Pretty much dispelling the myth of the Great "Nid" if I understand you correctly.

Why dont we just leave it at this and get back to the main bit for the Orges.... GW puts too many paralels in their fluff because they are lazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:12 pm
Im working on a rather nifty Undead Ogre Kingdoms list at the moment, every model being converted and all that jazz. So far I have a:
Tyrant/Slaughtermaster (On a regiment base... Because he is rather flabby.)
6 Ogre Bulls with Full Command (Just generic Zombie Ogres)
4 Ogre GutBelchers (Leadbelchers, but the cannon is going through their stomach :3 Guts hanging over and everything... I love green stuff.)

What would anyone reccomend for a list? I'll get some pictures on here in a bizzle, but my webcam is playing up and I have a really really bad phone. Any cool ideas for conversions? I really need to figure out how to do zombie Yhetees.

Thanks for the readingage:
Underhive
<3 ~  

Underhive

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:34 pm
Underhive
Im working on a rather nifty Undead Ogre Kingdoms list at the moment, every model being converted and all that jazz. So far I have a:
Tyrant/Slaughtermaster (On a regiment base... Because he is rather flabby.)
6 Ogre Bulls with Full Command (Just generic Zombie Ogres)
4 Ogre GutBelchers (Leadbelchers, but the cannon is going through their stomach :3 Guts hanging over and everything... I love green stuff.)

What would anyone reccomend for a list? I'll get some pictures on here in a bizzle, but my webcam is playing up and I have a really really bad phone. Any cool ideas for conversions? I really need to figure out how to do zombie Yhetees.

Thanks for the readingage:
Underhive
<3 ~
Sounds good, I'd include come stock gorgers, and maybe make your tyrant into a vampire over a zombie  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:16 am
anyone tried the ironskin army list?

here it be

this is what im planning

Ghark Iron Skin on Iron Rhinox (converted from a juggernaut of khorne)

8 lead belchers

6 rhinox riders converted from ogre bulls and rhinox from the ogre scrap
launcher models

3 Bull rhinox including thunderlord (forgeworld models)

1 scraplauncher (golden scrap insead of iron)

1 gorger

any ideas/comments/suggestions?

the gorger is to take out any cannons/artillery from behind  

Stumpy2000

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:19 am
I was, but a guy I was talking too told me he's seen the Orge Cav get tarpitted pretty fast.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:07 am
how?

5 t5 wounds with a possible 3+ save?

plus they have probably reached combat by turn 2  

Stumpy2000

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:31 am
Stumpy2000
how?

5 t5 wounds with a possible 3+ save?

plus they have probably reached combat by turn 2
I'd say more likely a 4+ save. Out numbered is one way to tarpit a unit like that. Say you have 3 of them right? And charge a unit of 20 skeltons with spears with light armour and shields(if they can do that). The spears go first and maybe inflict 4 hits, with one wound saying they get lucky. You retaliate with 15 attacks from the orges(5 each with charging and iron fists). You might his with 75% of the attacks if you roll well so you'd have 11 attacks. You'd probly end up with 6 or 7 woulds. Now saying they make atleast 1 oe 2 armour saves, you would of killed 4-5 skeltons. 5 - 20 is only 15, which gives them a rank bonus and outnumbering, full command would equal them winning combat. You'd pass your Ld test, and it would become their turn. Necromancer dose his funky thang, and makes say... another 7 okay? you now have to kill more of them, and aslong as you dont dispell the spell, he can just keep going keeping them there until they've been ground down. (Yes I know, I ommited the mounts attacks, as their stats arnt going to make or break the combat)  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff