Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Wood Elves Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stone Monkey King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:39 pm
Currently painting a woodelf army for a friend, and have played with them a couple of times. A lot of tactics need to come into play using them, and using a draw and flank/pincer move with them, which makes them very hard to contend with.

Otherwise painted 3 units of dryads and now onto the bowmen.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:44 pm
Hiya XD I've been reading as much as I can about the wood elves in fantasy. So far none of the books written about them are any good =(  

Kateryna of Kyiv

EsgarBlackpoxs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:53 pm
So, I just picked up the WE's, and was wondering what my fellow generals thought of this build for a Highborn. It probably isn't very effective, but I figure it'll be fun, and that's what I look for anyways, so meh.

Highborn
-Alter kindred
-Bow of Loren
-Starfire arrows

That's the core build. The remaining points can be spent however. Bascially, my idea is to use him to zip around the field and try to force panic tests on units vulnerable to that sort of thing. Alternatively, I might kit him out for CC and give him a Blight of Terrors.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm
EsgarBlackpoxs
So, I just picked up the WE's, and was wondering what my fellow generals thought of this build for a Highborn. It probably isn't very effective, but I figure it'll be fun, and that's what I look for anyways, so meh.

Highborn
-Alter kindred
-Bow of Loren
-Starfire arrows

That's the core build. The remaining points can be spent however. Bascially, my idea is to use him to zip around the field and try to force panic tests on units vulnerable to that sort of thing. Alternatively, I might kit him out for CC and give him a Blight of Terrors.

If you're going to give a Highborn the Bow of Loren, you should probably kit him with the Helm of the Hunt as well, for the bonus attack/shot. I think the "Standard Alter" is something like; Alter- Great Weapon, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and Helm of the Hunt. Lots of shots that deny armor, and surprisingly strong in CC as well.  

Oryn

Oryn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:14 pm
So who's had games where they used our special characters? Opinions?

I've only used Orion thus far, and while he can be fragile, I find judicious use of tree singing to keep a forest near him helps alot. Also, his horn blowing power that goes off when he first charges can absolutely devastate Skaven armies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:18 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Mystic_breeze
3 cheers for the almighty wood elves! "hip hip horay" x 3

mad Wood Elves annoy me, and my slow moving dwarves.

It's true wood elves are pretty fast compared to dwarves no offense. rofl  

miji147

miji147

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:22 am
Angelic_Executioner
Tulcaondo
im going to do a dryad army

Can you do that? An army of nothing bu driads and treemen? That would rock!

Yer it would. if only it were possible. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm
miji147
Angelic_Executioner
Tulcaondo
im going to do a dryad army

Can you do that? An army of nothing bu driads and treemen? That would rock!

Yer it would. if only it were possible. sad

Uh... it IS possible. Dryads are a Core choice, Treeman is a rare, Treekin are a special. If you run at under 2k, you can use a Branchwraith as a hero, at 2k+ a Treeman Ancient or Drycha is your Lord.

I myself run a slightly more flexible army - all Forest Spirits rather than all trees, so I can add Orion, Wild Riders, Glamourweave Mages and Wild Rider Nobles.  

Oryn

Oryn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:37 pm
8th edition, why must you conflict me so. On one hand, the new magic system is so interesting, the varied terrain and much bigger role it plays is awesome, and simplified rules for moving and charging, yay! And Monsters and Monstrous Infantry got a boost!

On the other hand, Skirmishers and Fast Cav blow chunks. 25% core means I have to build 14-18 more Dryads just to make my army playable at the 2000 point level again. And the Core lores are SO much better than Athel Loren. Also, Monstrous Mounts still blow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 am
and dont the 2-ranks-firing Glade Guards tempt you for the hail of doom archery army?  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:18 am
Or volley fire?

Though Wood Elves got worse in the new edition... Their whole playstyle got messed up completely!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 pm
Shinobi_8745
Or volley fire?

I play pure Forest Spirits mate. The slight boost Glade Guard got doesn't help me, nor does it interest me.

Shinobi_8745
Though Wood Elves got worse in the new edition... Their whole playstyle got messed up completely!

Hell yes it did. We relied on LOS blocking forests to screen our units, and our units had to clear their killzones to survive because of crappy armor/lack of standards. Now everyone hits back regardless, Forests are see-thru, and we're not even immune to mysterious forests - we're only immune to dangerous terrain caused by forests.  

Oryn

Vlad von Karstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm
Oryn
Hell yes it did. We relied on LOS blocking forests to screen our units, and our units had to clear their killzones to survive because of crappy armor/lack of standards. Now everyone hits back regardless, Forests are see-thru, and we're not even immune to mysterious forests - we're only immune to dangerous terrain caused by forests.

But the reverse is also true : no one can avoid a dread fire volley now, and at a ST4 hit it is not that bad. But of course for a Forest Spirit oriented army it is of no avail.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm
I want to discuss the nature of the spirits wood elves "use". One of the books I read about them suggested that when someone dies within the forest, their spirit is taken in and becomes one with the forest.
From that, I took that the spirits must be the deceased, but given different form and mind.

I created a story for a RPG character of mine with the idea that a sprite was the lost child of someone he knew. I like the idea, and while feasible by what I read, my GM keeps moaning about it being wrong (Despite him having not looked into the wood elves - ever).

What do you guys think? I liked the idea that a wood elf mage was able to communicate to her deceased child via this sprite, as if it either was, or simply took the image of the child.  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers