DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:42 pm
Come here to discuss the Wood Elves of fantasy base Warhammer.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:50 pm
It's okay wood elves, I still love you...even if nobody else does smile  

Jerhien

Jerhien

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:33 am
yeah...we rock...SHECKSY!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:57 am

i really like wood elves in backgrounds etc, but i find them to much of a bother to play.  

Seraphine-Exalted

baddog86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:58 am
It takes a tru General to master them lol
i use high elves but i have played with the wood elves there so kool with their treemen lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:13 am
lol yeah you're right. They're the hardest army in Warhammer to play correctly, but I love them (they were my first gw army for any game).  

Jerhien

Aussie_Skinhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:01 am
wood elves rule... they are harder to play especially against armies like brettonians with their large number of knights.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:08 am
From the rumors a lot of the newer models coming out for them are going to be fantastic (they're getting released this summer) and I can't wait!  

Jerhien

Nehalem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:02 pm
I've been waiting for a couple of years for a Wood Elf Army Book and for them to come out with new models. The Wood Elves are really hard to play, no movement phase can be wasted and deployment is absolutely crucial, but man is it fun to watch a skilled commander use them effectively.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:47 pm
Yeah us wood elf generals need to be reeeeallll savvy with the rules/strategys, more than any other army in warhammer (in my opinion). We're no better then any other army, we're just damned hard to play right.
T-3 isn't much of a disadvantage, but the total lack of armor and the fact that our units don't function like any other units in warhammer makes us the estranged "other elves" of warhammer fantasy.
I'd strongly encourage anyone who hasn't played the army and wants to see what I mean to check out GW's wood elf section...there's a really well done tactica for the wood elves.
I've been tracking some rumors for the woodies lately (I've been waiting since I was 13 for the damned army book....8 long years!!!) and it looks like we'll be getting a new infantry unit called the Winter Gaurd. Evidentally they'll be armed with shields, heavy armor (go figure!!!) and something called a swordstaff that can be used as a hand weapon, a spear, or a pair of hand weapons (yay!). Also there's some rumor that the unit will be stubborn as well.
I've also read that we might see waywatchers get str-4 with there bows, and the killing blow ability at ranged!!!! Wooooooot!
If anyone's read anything else, please post it as I'm horribly anxious to read of anything else that might be in my poor, belated army's book!  

Jerhien

Nehalem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:59 pm
Another thing Wood ELf armys have to deal with is the lack of good shock troops. I do hope they make the Wyawatchers even more spiffy, killing blow would be nice.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:44 pm
I also heard we're supposed to be getting a new form of heavy cavalry (warhawks with barding? That'd be frickin' cool!) so maybe the shock troops will be available later (fingers crossed). I'm really excited for the new lore of magic we're supposed to be getting as well!  

Jerhien

Nehalem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:49 pm
Jerhien
I also heard we're supposed to be getting a new form of heavy cavalry (warhawks with barding? That'd be frickin' cool!) so maybe the shock troops will be available later (fingers crossed). I'm really excited for the new lore of magic we're supposed to be getting as well!

Oh my, warhawks with barding would be nice. I like the Lore of the Heavens for the Wood Elf mages, well for any mage at that. If they do make a new Lore I hope it fits well (please don't turn them into hippies) .  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm
Hopefully it's lots of manuevrability/misderection magicks! But I guess we'll see smile  

Jerhien

Nehalem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:11 pm
Jerhien
Hopefully it's lots of manuevrability/misderection magicks! But I guess we'll see smile

Indeed we shall, we can only hope for now.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff