Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The High Elves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:55 pm
Yep, DO, that is my strategy, except without chariots, a very small unit of silver helms for flankers, and lots of spearmen and bolt throwers...
Eh, so it isn't really that similar to your tactics...well, I do use around 40 archers each game.
Then again, I haven't used my high elves in quite a while, my Bretts have taken precedence.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:26 pm
KyotoYakimino
Yep, DO, that is my strategy, except without chariots, a very small unit of silver helms for flankers, and lots of spearmen and bolt throwers...
Eh, so it isn't really that similar to your tactics...well, I do use around 40 archers each game.
Then again, I haven't used my high elves in quite a while, my Bretts have taken precedence.
not to good of strategy, infantry, at least ours cet for swordmasters seem to die like crazy i tend to stick with the cavalry, but the archers is a good idea although i only use 30ish  

heavyflamer

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:49 pm
Eh, it works for me, but like I said, my main army is Bretts, and hence I know quite well the power of heavy calvalry...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:55 pm
KyotoYakimino
Eh, it works for me, but like I said, my main army is Bretts, and hence I know quite well the power of heavy calvalry...

gotta love the core silver helms wit 2+ armour i like doin a solid cav army its hard to kill cept for those damn goblin fanatics  

heavyflamer

General VonCarstein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:39 pm
the best silver helms can get is 3+.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:05 pm
General VonCarstein
you would be smoking what? steed 6+ steed with barding 5+ heavy armour 3+ shield 2+. there i spelled it out for you  

heavyflamer

alith anar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:20 pm
I have played my beloved noble pointy eared army for more than 7 years during that time I have built up a force of about 4000pts. My star regiments are my 10 Dragon Princes and my swordmasters (I wish they had the killing blow ability though sigh.) Magic kicks a whole lot. I massacred almost a whole Dark Elf Army with only my Fury of Khaine spell  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am
alith anar
I have played my beloved noble pointy eared army for more than 7 years during that time I have built up a force of about 4000pts. My star regiments are my 10 Dragon Princes and my swordmasters (I wish they had the killing blow ability though sigh.) Magic kicks a whole lot. I massacred almost a whole Dark Elf Army with only my Fury of Khaine spell

..... i have 4500 and have been playing for a year. gotta love closing sales 3nodding  

heavyflamer

alith anar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:32 pm
heavyflamer
..... i have 4500 and have been playing for a year. gotta love closing sales 3nodding

and auctions, plus free models for winning campains such as the Storm of Chaos  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:50 pm
heavyflamer
General VonCarstein
you would be smoking what? steed 6+ steed with barding 5+ heavy armour 3+ shield 2+. there i spelled it out for you

Er, both of you are wrong.

Dragon Armour (Same save as Heavy) 5+, Shields +1, Mounted +1, Ithilmar barding +1. The best save that mounted Highelves can have is a 2+, unless they have a magic item.  

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

heavyflamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:24 pm
Dark-oneechan
heavyflamer
General VonCarstein

Er, both of you are wrong.

Dragon Armour (Same save as Heavy) 5+, Shields +1, Mounted +1, Ithilmar barding +1. The best save that mounted Highelves can have is a 2+, unless they have a magic item.

hw am i wrong then? i said 2+ god pay attention and silver helms can't have dragon armour or ithilmar barding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:25 pm
Oh yeah, sorry. My bad on that one. I kinda mis read what you wrote when I typed that. Mostly because I'd just woken up. I thought you were saying that Hv Arm gave a 3+ save, it was a "wtf" moment.

I also know that Silver helms cannot have Dragon arm or Ithilmar. But it does give the same save modifiers. Sorry about that flamer. *Gets all embarrassed.* That'll teach me for posting before my morning coffee.  

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

Andreis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:45 pm
Whee! Yea not many people DO collect high elves. I have a SMALL army as I am not a fanatic buyer and have no funds to speak of. It is not even an army yet, it is a small militia consisiting of a spearmen regiment and an archers regiment. No usable hero as of yet, but for kicks and because I love him, I got Imirk on dragon for my B-day.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 pm
Dark-oneechan
Oh yeah, sorry. My bad on that one. I kinda mis read what you wrote when I typed that. Mostly because I'd just woken up. I thought you were saying that Hv Arm gave a 3+ save, it was a "wtf" moment.

I also know that Silver helms cannot have Dragon arm or Ithilmar. But it does give the same save modifiers. Sorry about that flamer. *Gets all embarrassed.* That'll teach me for posting before my morning coffee.

It's alright, we should be a little MORE polite with our own guild mates, we ALL make mistakes some times, and I'd rather nod and smile and have someone post then be so abrasive.  

Jerhien

Jerhien

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:53 pm
I play with large blocks of Spearmen. by large I mean 25-30, two or three blocks backed by units of swordmasters/white Lions of Chrace, magic, and bolt throwers/Giant Eagles.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff