Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The High Elves Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 am
But its better to charge because you get the +1 modifier for charging.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 am
its no longer deciding factor though, in previous editions chargers by striking first were able to eliminate attacks back, and create favorable combat resolution... now only lance-armed cavalry is needing charge badly.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vlad von Karstein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 am
Van Evok
its no longer deciding factor though, in previous editions chargers by striking first were able to eliminate attacks back, and create favorable combat resolution... now only lance-armed cavalry is needing charge badly.

That is why high elves spearmen are soooo deadly.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 pm
Yeah but not when they can't wound a model that has a high toughness. They average but not as deadly, but they do hold their ground in certain times and with lion standard banner they would hold their ground even longer without having WS1 if they fail fear or terror test.  

x-InsigNia-x

Vlad von Karstein

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am
With the new rules I think with 50 spearmen delivering 51 Attack with First Strike (of course I push it far ^^) I will hit about 40 times (with rerolls), so I think it maximizes the wound average, thus winning the combat xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:07 pm
thats where okkams mindrazor comes in making elves s8... deadly!  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 am
Yeah that is deadly so we just need to just shoot an AOE weapon or area of effect weapon (template weapons of blast) that would end them nice and quick. for example the hell cannon without guessing anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 pm
Right, their weakness is the area effect weapons.

Althought, 2 or 3 units of 20 of these guys still catch my eyes. 20 bolts each turn, plus 21 Attacks with first strike... I like the idea.

Have you seen the New Prince Dragons minis ? Again amazing !! eek  

Vlad von Karstein

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 am
Nah im more of a phoenix guard but they both are awesome got them straight away when they came out to GW  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm
Yes... I am reviving this Topic. ninja

I wonder when they will have new updated High Elves come out... I plan to actually start a Warhammer army, and in particular High Elves. I heard how they mostly have first strikes, they attack from extra ranks, and their magic is awesome....

Though I do fear about certain aspects about them. For example, their ability to last in prolonged fights an such.

Also looking to see if there is a simple Core build to start with and expand from?  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:14 am
I don't think High Elves are on top of the revision list just yet, there are other armies out there in need of an updated army book first, like the Wood Elves and Bretonnians.

I'm a bit rusty on my fantasy, but an army that has global access to Always Strikes First, even units with great weapons, is not something to sneeze at.

I'd say read through the army book first and perhaps pop round your local GW store to see what they say is a good core starting force.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 am
Lady Blodwynn
I don't think High Elves are on top of the revision list just yet, there are other armies out there in need of an updated army book first, like the Wood Elves and Bretonnians.

I'm a bit rusty on my fantasy, but an army that has global access to Always Strikes First, even units with great weapons, is not something to sneeze at.

I'd say read through the army book first and perhaps pop round your local GW store to see what they say is a good core starting force.

All right, guess we all have to wait till our armies can be revised.

I wish I could go to a local GW store, but I can't, cause I am not in UK.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 am
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn

GW stores are not something magical just confined to the UK, they can also be found in the US and even OZ! What might help is if you use the store locator found on the GW site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 am
Lady Blodwynn
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn

GW stores are not something magical just confined to the UK, they can also be found in the US and even OZ! What might help is if you use the store locator found on the GW site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp

No no no... Not what I mean. I am in Las Vegas, but not really any time to go visit it cause of work. When I said the UK, that is when I get back to my home to go visit one.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:25 pm
I been reading rumors having studied the High Elves and it seems there is suppose to be an update, maybe new models or such in April..... Does anyone agree? There are rumors of course.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff