Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Skaven Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm
I'm not much for the clanrats though... the heads looks like hamsters and the feet looks so wrong... I expected them to look more like the plague monks to be honest... They're exactly how I imagine skaven, thus I will most probably keep on converting them by adding armour and such for clanrats, but I want to get a closer look on the actual clanrat models before I decide if I should use them or stay on my plague priest clanrat greenstuffing spree.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 am
Shinobi_8745
I'm not much for the clanrats though... the heads looks like hamsters and the feet looks so wrong... I expected them to look more like the plague monks to be honest... They're exactly how I imagine skaven, thus I will most probably keep on converting them by adding armour and such for clanrats, but I want to get a closer look on the actual clanrat models before I decide if I should use them or stay on my plague priest clanrat greenstuffing spree.

Oh, then your like me! =D Not many of skaven users converts plague monks, but I think its the very best way of doing it! I just hate the way the tail and feet gets in the way in the original clanrat models! D= And basically they look more like monkeys than rats =P I use the Skrolk model for my plague priests, I think the model rocks. Ever tried playing with Deathmaster Snikch?  

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 pm
I was refering to the new clanrats... xD;;;
The heads aren't really rat-like and the feet looks like well... feet... not paws as they do on the plague monks and packmasters.

I don't know if you've seen them though but they're in the underempire and here.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16255907

Nope, I haven't used him, never played over 1000 points of Skaven you see, and that'd be 1000 pts of the Storm of Chaos Eshin list Skirmishers only, 5 wins, 3 draws and 0 loss. n 3n  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 am
Vincent Valentine (chaos)

13 spells, I heard the last one will be like 25+ spell which can create clanrat units of dead enemies, like in one of the later edition (verminlord spell). I think that is completely stupid, look at it, the chances of miscasts on that roll is quite large. Not worth it! We have plenty of units already!
What the... What does your inner Skaven voice tell you about your comment there... Mine screams blasphemy at it. XD
Risky, but fun. :3

As a serious tournament player one would never use it (but now I'm a casual one so I will attempt to cast it as soon as I get the chance), but in normal games... why oh why wouldn't you want to use it? XD  

Shinobi_8745

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 pm
Shinobi_8745
Vincent Valentine (chaos)

13 spells, I heard the last one will be like 25+ spell which can create clanrat units of dead enemies, like in one of the later edition (verminlord spell). I think that is completely stupid, look at it, the chances of miscasts on that roll is quite large. Not worth it! We have plenty of units already!
What the... What does your inner Skaven voice tell you about your comment there... Mine screams blasphemy at it. XD
Risky, but fun. :3

As a serious tournament player one would never use it (but now I'm a casual one so I will attempt to cast it as soon as I get the chance), but in normal games... why oh why wouldn't you want to use it? XD

Well, for starters, in ages pasts it was one of those spells, and-now-I-win ones. And I kinda want a battle to be more than that =P (I hate heavy magic!) But yes, for the fun of it, why should I not try and use it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:29 pm
I'm not much for heavy magic myself, the heaviest I've used is one lv4 and a lv2 scroll caddy.

Magic do too much in the game that I give ya, but sometimes just the fun out of it will do the trick (sometimes not).

Makes me think of when I met our local powergamer, he got a bad day with his skaven, he had 3 warplocks and a grey seer, I belive he misscasted them all to death... Yet I lost the game by being completely slaughtered... My former goblin horde wasn't as good as it is now, nor was I that experienced with gobbos either.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:40 am
Skaven's up at pre-order now on the site! ;D

-drools all over the Stormvermins- <3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm
burning_eyes  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 pm
Reh? .-.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 am
I think she's awed by the rather awesome selection of minis put up there. I must say that I'm impressed as well. I mean.. Damn!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:18 am
I might not like the new minis as much as I hoped to... But I still like them myself, but the feet... blah... And the heads on clanrats... Damn hamsters!

Stormvermins looks awesome, but I'll get a unit of metal ones instead since they fit better along with my own clanrats (nothing stops me from making a force using only new models tho' ;D)

The characters are nice, but I wished that Snikch had the leaping pose that Queek have, and the moulder character looks a slight bit odd... but yet cool, the style of the noses and such looks like it'd be from a comic book IMO, which I do like!

The Doomwheel can be discussed... I think I like the old one more than this one to be honest.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:03 am
Maybe we'll see a new Boneripper and Grey Seer Thanquol as well later on. whee  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 am
Not sure on that one, but personally I really hope not... xD;;;

Maybe a new Thanquol, but Boneripper is superb as he is now <3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 pm
I did see the Skaven book. It's insanity, the thing is an abomination.

Not as powerful as daemons, but Vampire Counts powerful.

Slaves are 2 points, can get spears slings and/or shields for 1/2 (yes, one half) a point each (So slaves did get cheaper...slightly). The new Abomination is absolutely retarded. It rolls a D6 when it attacks and gets fun crap if it rolls a 6. Queek is really good, WS7 and 4's for stats, +1 to hit and wound in a Challenge. Dwarfslayer (IIRC, anti-dwarf sword) is now ignore all armor saves and wounds dwarfs on 2+. Doomwheel is funny as hell now, if it doesn't move, it falls over and die. Warpfire throwers can stand and shoot (dubya tee eff). And a rat demon that kills crap. That's all I remember.

Highlight for spoilers ^.  

explodeyFox

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 am
Who even wants an army like Vamp counts or Daemons? I certainly don't, I want armies to go back to being more balanced like back in the last edition, or am I the only one who wants it that way?

The comeback of the Verminlord isn't big news, it was one of the first announced things, and I might concider using one as well, it's a nice oldschool model. <3

I don't see why those things would be "spoilers" though, what is there to spoil when this thread is for discussing these kind of stuff, people "enter" on their own "risk", aka they enter to get to know these things. ;D  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff